Gaming Laptops

Drumline2014

What gaming laptops would anyone recommend and which tend to be overpriced for what they give you?

I couldn't find a perfect subheading to ask this question so I thought that here would be good enough. What gaming laptops would anyone recommend and which tend to be overpriced for what they give you?

Since you're new, I'll go easy. Whenever you ask a hardware question give a budget, location, and use.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I couldn't find a perfect subheading to ask this question so I thought that here would be good enough. What gaming laptops would anyone recommend and which tend to be overpriced for what they give you?

I just bought a Blade 14 and love it. i was a mac laptop user and i did all of my gaming on my pc. the industrial design is elegant and justifies the cost. the specs are decent except for the non up gradable 8gb of ram.

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

I'd recommend Sager Notebooks above any of the other laptops makers. I've dealt with Razer, ASUS, MSI, and most other notebooks that are gaming, and have to say Sager make the best. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I also recommend Sager laptops. Easy to customize while you buy and they're all pretty maintenance friendly. Lenovo is a pretty decent option too in the <$1000 range.

If you'd like some sweeping generalizations about what's overpriced for the level of hardware, I'd say that Alienware, Razer, and pretty much any ultrathin laptop (except for maybe Lenovo) are overpriced. I'm not saying that those brands are bad and that you should never buy them, but they do tend to charge you a premium for the style. Your specific needs will determine what laptop is best for you, so we'd need a bit more information. :)

Pretty much all gaming laptops are overpriced compared to desktops

More expensive

not overpriced

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii