<Program>.exe stopped working

dibudaia

for now can you check the SMART status of your hard disk? 

Sorry, but how do I check it?

Do you have any recent restore points you can use? Might as well try that before a clean install.

As far as I know I only have pretty old ones, but how can I check it?

Use Crystaldiskinfo and post the whole table it gives- make sure to expand the window to reveal the whole list and screenshot it, upload it somewhere. Uncheck the toolbar on installation. On most hard drives it will tell you everything, even the amount of powered on free falls. 

http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Here.

Thou shall not abuse thy monkey, thou shall not misuse thy monkey.

Use Crystaldiskinfo and post the whole table it gives- make sure to expand the window to reveal the whole list and screenshot it, upload it somewhere. Uncheck the toolbar on installation. On most hard drives it will tell you everything, even the amount of powered on free falls. 

http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html

Here it is: http://postimg.org/image/d2s3j1ol5/

dibudaia, on 01 Aug 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:snapback.png

Here.

It said I don't have any restore point (which I think it's weird...)

So we can probably rule out the hard drive. I think it's time to try a fresh installation. Try it on another drive or partition though in case that isn't it. If it still happens with that, we can keep your current setup as it'll be a hardware problem. If it fixes it, it's windows.

If you need to retrieve your key, look here

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/181501-retrieving-your-windows-keyhow-deactivate-a-computer/

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

So we can probably rule out the hard drive. I think it's time to try a fresh installation. Try it on another drive or partition though in case that isn't it. If it still happens with that, we can keep your current setup as it'll be a hardware problem. If it fixes it, it's windows.

If you need to retrieve your key, look here

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/181501-retrieving-your-windows-keyhow-deactivate-a-computer/

That conclusion i came to a few days ago?

Use Magic jelly bean to find your key, http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ .

Just wipe and reload, that is the best way.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

That conclusion i came to a few days ago?

Use Magic jelly bean to find your key, http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ .

Just wipe and reload, that is the best way.

Yah, but he couldnt do it right away so I wanted him to test the drive.

And MJK doesn't have as many keys for free, if he does migrates he'll want all of his products he'd have to pay for that

ProduKey is cleanest for just windows

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html#DownloadLinks

muh specs 

All parts black

Yah, but he couldnt do it right away so I wanted him to test the drive.

And MJK doesn't have as many keys for free, if he does migrates he'll want all of his products he'd have to pay for that

ProduKey is cleanest for just windows

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html#DownloadLinks

yes but who doesnt keep a backup of their keys in an email? MJB gets you most common keys like the windows key, any office key, even tonnes of steam game keys.

It is more then sufficient and i trust it as opposed to Produkey. The name itself is scary.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

yes but who doesnt keep a backup of their keys in an email? MJB gets you most common keys like the windows key, any office key, even tonnes of steam game keys.

It is more then sufficient and i trust it as opposed to Produkey. The name itself is scary.

Belarc advisor I first suggest gives ALL keys. Free. It's security freeware. Produkey is just fine. Belarc is from the same company I use to use professionally.

muh specs 

All parts black

It said I don't have any restore point (which I think it's weird...)

That's a shame. I was trying to save you the hassle of a clean install, but it looks like it's the only available option now, as the others suggested, and probably you have system protection off.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I'm back here. Hope you can still help me.
As I said I changed my HD and so formatted my computer, but the problem persists. I can't figure out what it is... I already changed every single part of my computer and still have the same problem... The only thing I didn't change is my monitor (which I use my TV). I don't know what else I can do.

As I said I changed my HD and so formatted my computer, but the problem persists. I can't figure out what it is... I already changed every single part of my computer and still have the same problem... The only thing I didn't change is my monitor (which I use my TV). I don't know what else I can do.

i think you just like to download malware.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

Perform a clean install, turn off windows update, don't install anything, use your system for a while and see if the problem persists. If nothing happens, proceed and install your drivers (one by one) and test it again. After that, install your applications and updates (one by one also), and remember to create restore points between each installation.

Hey there. Sorry I couldn't be here earlier; swapping out an HDD is not gonna help with the  0xc0000005 error.

0xc0000005 is a protection fault usually related to RAM (Ram Access Violation, a violation of how the RAM should be accessed. Usually accessing nonmapped regions of it). This doesn't mean that your RAM is faulty, however. 

The program itself could be faulty, or a component it relies on could be faulty. I find that these errors occur commonly when a person tries to use .NET software on a PC with an inadequate .NET Framework installed.

Can you install the following, and see if that fixes anything? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

EDIT: Also try to temporarily disable antivirus, firewall, etc. They sometimes interfere with how programs access memory, and can cause these exceptions.

This especially seems interesting to know since your log says the faulting module is "unknown".

Hey there. Sorry I couldn't be here earlier; swapping out an HDD is not gonna help with the  0xc0000005 error.

0xc0000005 is a protection fault usually related to RAM (Ram Access Violation, a violation of how the RAM should be accessed. Usually accessing nonmapped regions of it). This doesn't mean that your RAM is faulty, however. 

The program itself could be faulty, or a component it relies on could be faulty. I find that these errors occur commonly when a person tries to use .NET software on a PC with an inadequate .NET Framework installed.

Can you install the following, and see if that fixes anything? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

EDIT: Also try to temporarily disable antivirus, firewall, etc. They sometimes interfere with how programs access memory, and can cause these exceptions.

This especially seems interesting to know since your log says the faulting module is "unknown".

The problem is... It's not one or more specific programs, it's simply random.... Do you think it's the RAM anyway?

The problem is... It's not one or more specific programs, it's simply random.... Do you think it's the RAM anyway?

If memtest says your RAM is OK, then there's no way it could be the RAM.

More likely than not, it's a software issue, or multip;le software problems stacking up,

How old is your installation of Windows? It might be time to reinstall.

Yeah, sure, love it.... ¬¬

Hey, i'm not saying you are doing it deliberately :P

Can you screenshot your task manager and system tray for us, so we can sorta confirm that there is no funky stuff in there?

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler