Will this give me good temps/silence?

Maybe not 100% silent (especially because of my gpu still being air cooled) but will this cpu loop setup be good and expandable in the future with this pump?

It will be pretty much his kit, except with a 280mm dual 120 rad instead of a single 120mm.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/19625/ex-wat-255/EK_L120_Complete_Single_120mm_Liquid_Cooling_Kit_EK-KIT_L120.html?tl=g30c321s1367#blank

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

You mean 280mm dual 140mm? Anyway, this kit is pretty good, yes. There are a couple of things I would consider though:

1. The DCP 2.2 pump, while being very silent, is not very strong. It will drive a CPU-only loop without any problems, but when it comes to adding a GPU and another radiator, it could reach its limits. There is a stronger DCP 4.0 available, which is a beast of a pump in terms of performance, but it is also quite a bit louder. You'll want some kind of fan controller that can handle a pump to run it around 7V. At that voltage, it runs almost completely silent (you'll need to dampen vibrations though), and still performs good enough to drive pretty much any loop you could through at it. 

2. The tubing is matte black, just be aware of that. The EK fans are also not going to be the most silent, I would recommend getting some higher-end fans for watercooling if you fancy silence. I've also had very bad experiences with those fittings, mine had loose tolerances and the chrome coating chipped off easily.

3. Don't screw the pump/res directly to the case. Invest in a foam sandwich and get some velcro to stick it on top. Pump noise is 90% vibrations and the pump/res combo does a very good job at transferring vibrations to the case, if not dampened correctly.

Overall, I'd say this is a good kit, but take a close look at the things I mentioned. If you plan to keep everything as is, go for it. If you plan to change anything, it would probably be smarter to buy the parts seperately.

Maybe not 100% silent (especially because of my gpu still being air cooled) but will this cpu loop setup be good and expandable in the future with this pump?

It will be pretty much his kit, except with a 280mm dual 120 rad instead of a single 120mm.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/19625/ex-wat-255/EK_L120_Complete_Single_120mm_Liquid_Cooling_Kit_EK-KIT_L120.html?tl=g30c321s1367#blank

The silence will come from the fans as well and in all water cooling kits that i have installed the fans are cheap and noisy. A replacement will be needed if you want stellar performance and silence.

Put some extra cash if you can and get this and you can add the other radiator with confidence and all you need to change is the fans...good god those XSPC fan are like standing fans at full speed.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

You mean 280mm dual 140mm? Anyway, this kit is pretty good, yes. There are a couple of things I would consider though:

1. The DCP 2.2 pump, while being very silent, is not very strong. It will drive a CPU-only loop without any problems, but when it comes to adding a GPU and another radiator, it could reach its limits. There is a stronger DCP 4.0 available, which is a beast of a pump in terms of performance, but it is also quite a bit louder. You'll want some kind of fan controller that can handle a pump to run it around 7V. At that voltage, it runs almost completely silent (you'll need to dampen vibrations though), and still performs good enough to drive pretty much any loop you could through at it.

2. The tubing is matte black, just be aware of that. The EK fans are also not going to be the most silent, I would recommend getting some higher-end fans for watercooling if you fancy silence. I've also had very bad experiences with those fittings, mine had loose tolerances and the chrome coating chipped off easily.

3. Don't screw the pump/res directly to the case. Invest in a foam sandwich and get some velcro to stick it on top. Pump noise is 90% vibrations and the pump/res combo does a very good job at transferring vibrations to the case, if not dampened correctly.

Overall, I'd say this is a good kit, but take a close look at the things I mentioned. If you plan to keep everything as is, go for it. If you plan to change anything, it would probably be smarter to buy the parts seperately.

Yes I meant dual 140 lol, but I actually have 2 scythe gts, so I might go dual 120 anyway to save some money. The gryphon mobo I have has fan controllers built in right? So I can use that on the more powerful pump/res combo to make it quieter? And I'm not buying this exact kit, I was just basing my options on this. I'm probably going to get either clear or white tubing to go with my rgb led theme. what is a foam sandwich? I was just gonna put my pump on the bottom of my case with velcro in the spot shown below. post-31637-14062356164976_thumb.jpg

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Yes I meant dual 140 lol, but I actually have 2 scythe gts, so I might go dual 120 anyway to save some money. The gryphon mobo I have has fan controllers built in right? So I can use that on the more powerful pump/res combo to make it quieter? And I'm not buying this exact kit, I was just basing my options on this. I'm probably going to get either clear or white tubing to go with my rgb led theme. what is a foam sandwich? I was just gonna put my pump on the bottom of my case with velcro in the spot shown below. attachicon.gif20140724_165830.jpg

Scythe GTs are awesome, use those. You can NOT use the motherboard fan headers for a pump, the wattage and amperage of a pump will burn out the header in no time. You need to invest in a quality fan controller or a pump controller, otherwise you run the pump @ 12V off a molex connector. You could do the re-wiring trick to convert the Molex adapter from 12 to 7V, but this will short out some power supplies and hasn't worked for me so far.  A foam sandwich is something like this:

WC-000-MM_58156_350.jpg

this one is called the "shoggy sandwich" and is a really good idea to invest in. 

Scythe GTs are awesome, use those. You can NOT use the motherboard fan headers for a pump, the wattage and amperage of a pump will burn out the header in no time. You need to invest in a quality fan controller or a pump controller, otherwise you run the pump @ 12V off a molex connector. You could do the re-wiring trick to convert the Molex adapter from 12 to 7V, but this will short out some power supplies and hasn't worked for me so far. A foam sandwich is something like this:

Posted Image

this one is called the "shoggy sandwich" and is a really good idea to invest in.

Okay gotcha, I'll check out some fan controllers than. Do you have any you recommend? I don't want one in my drive bay

nj4ck has given you solid advice,I have no reason to add more.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Okay gotcha, I'll check out some fan controllers than. Do you have any you recommend? I don't want one in my drive bay

I use an Aqua computer Poweradjust 2 Ultra. Not cheap, but its the only non-drive bay controller I could find that can handle a pump.