Resurrection of a Dinosaur - feat. the Reserator1 V2

So guess what was in the Mail today. A Monster long believed dead...

post-83157-0-80276200-1406230007_thumb.j

...is BACK! 

after someone on this very forum jokingly sugested i should get one of these because i complained to much about noise i laughed for a good couple of seconds but then i thought wait a minute... and the story began...

i only got it today and already feel like dr. frankenstein bringing his monster to live because it will need some modding to remove the pump and also the installed fittings and possibly add a tube inside so hot water goes to the top first so yeah but all in all i love it 

feel fre to leave a comment with your thoughts or questions on the matter and also to follow the topic for further information if you want because i will uodate this thread as i move forward in progress

there also will be more detailed post about the progress with nice pictures and stuff i only got this one for now because as said it came today and i worked late so im pretty tired i just thought id share this with you guys.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

internet-brofist-6fu0u.png

i still remember that

so where did you get it? :D

and price?

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

internet-brofist-6fu0u.png

i still remember that

so where did you get it? :D

and price?

:D feel brofistet (god that sounds so wrong on so many levels) 

i was looking into it for quite a while since i just wouldnt accept that you cant get it new anymore so i still ended up buying one used off of ebay.

as said the pump is broke and needs to be removed but i wanted a different one anyway. the body itself is perfectly fine wich may have something to do with it being solid aluminium its awesome , bulky and awesome

i paid more than i initially wanted but i just wanted the damn thing. im russian we dont talk about money generally but lets say it cost me as much as a decent 360 rad would

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

awesome

looking forward to updates

still want to see it next to pc, being badass and hopefully cool as well :D

btw, how big is that thing?

any more pics with something as reference? 

awesome

looking forward to updates

still want to see it next to pc, being badass and hopefully cool as well :D

btw, how big is that thing?

any more pics with something as reference? 

as i said its late and the lighting is bad also im just to tired to take more pics but its about 60 cm high so similiar to my h440 in terms of height

I remember seeing these years ago and thinking I'd love that.

Now I'm thinking my kids would love to climb on that and watch the water fly..lol

Can't wait to see the finished product. ;)

I remember seeing these years ago and thinking I'd love that.

Now I'm thinking my kids would love to climb on that and watch the water fly..lol

Can't wait to see the finished product. ;)

well yeah im also kinda worried about the cat but seeing as im probably moving next month i think ill build the loop after that 

Oh, nice. I actually followed most of your posts about a possible WC setup but didn't contribute (mainly because I'm not into water cooling and most of my advice would probably have been terrible), so I'll definitely keep an eye on this project. Will you create a custom loop for the GPU and CPU, or just the CPU? Personally I would not want a passive radiator, but I'm still very interested in how it fairs temperature wise and how long it'll actually keep things cool when it heats up.

Oh, nice. I actually followed most of your posts about a possible WC setup but didn't contribute (mainly because I'm not into water cooling and most of my advice would probably have been terrible), so I'll definitely keep an eye on this project. Will you create a custom loop for the GPU and CPU, or just the CPU? Personally I would not want a passive radiator, but I'm still very interested in how it fairs temperature wise and how long it'll actually keep things cool when it heats up.

well im glad to hear to have peaked your interest. as for the setup i will first only do cpu since my msi 770 isnt watercoolable and im not upgrading till 800 maybe even a little later but then for sure i will include gpu. im also gonna get the 4790k first im not watercooling this old bastard. so this build may takes a month or 2 but im not in a hurry anyway.

as for the setup i will remove the pump out off this monster and include it in the loop as a radiator with quick disconnects. but i will also put a 360 and a 240 rad in the case and include those aswell. adding an additional reservoir in the case will allow me to just disconnect the reserator (nickname "mini-goliath") connect the 2 loose end and have the pc working on its own if need be.

the thought was that maybe with the 360, 240 and mini-goliath i wouldnt have to turn on the fans (at least at idle) and if not id see how the reserator holds up and if i like it i might get a second one for extra headroom.

so the plan was to have 1-2 of these things included in the loop to be able to shut the fans down on idle (or at load - depends on how it holds up) and then still have 2 rads in the case with fans that i can turn on and move the pc (to a lan party for example)

so i made some pictures today after work and after i took them i already managed to unscrew the bottom wich according to other forums is nearly impossible and i also already removed the pump discovering the barbed holes on the inside ( im gonna take pictures tommorrow ) so yeah prety big progress on modding it today. here are the pictures from before modding : 

post-83157-0-21328600-1406318733_thumb.j

post-83157-0-00773600-1406319344_thumb.j

post-83157-0-69112400-1406320588_thumb.j

Wow man nice!! Absolutely awesome!

It´s sooo sexy :D .

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

sweet

it does look badass

• 1 month later...

sorry guys that it takes so long for updates to come on  my project. its just that i was really stuffed with work lately and im also moving to a new apartment at the moment so you might need some more patience but im not loosing track of it. im definitly doing this and will update as i progress.

so far ive just contacted a company here in germany to build me a aluminium spirale i can put in the reserator to make the hot water go in circles to the top and then straight down in the middle through an overflow. the idea is that it will loose more temperature this way and therefore increase the performance of the reserator. here are some pictures:

post-83157-0-10856200-1409562495_thumb.jpost-83157-0-99073400-1409562495_thumb.j

im also thinking of maybe following this dude into crazytown :D :

post-83157-0-92656900-1409562550.jpg

Looks good, this might really make use of the really large passive heatsink. I understand why you go the AL way, copper would be much more expensive. But keep in mind that AL suffers from corrosion. So if you really want to realize this project with aluminum you have to use an anti freeze like it is used in cars in order to prevent system corrosion.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Looks good, this might really make use of the really large passive heatsink. I understand why you go the AL way, copper would be much more expensive. But keep in mind that AL suffers from corrosion. So if you really want to realize this project with aluminum you have to use an anti freeze like it is used in cars in order to prevent system corrosion.

thanks well that was the first thought. i am probably gonna add anti freeze like in my car. i mean i will end up using a combo of aluminium and copper anyway because my case rads will be copper but for the spriale i was going for aluminium because theres gonna be direct contact and friction and not as much distance obviously between the metals so yeah

thanks well that was the first thought. i am probably gonna add anti freeze like in my car. i mean i will end up using a combo of aluminium and copper anyway because my case rads will be copper but for the spriale i was going for aluminium because theres gonna be direct contact and friction and not as much distance obviously between the metals so yeah

Yeah and copper  is not only way more expensive but also very soft, a good industrial grade AL like AlSi9 or something like that would be for this indeed the better choice. I think you will need some higher grade Al with a bit more Silicon because if the Al is too soft it will start smearing.  How do you plan to create this coil? CNC milling?

Yeah and copper  is not only way more expensive but also very soft, a good industrial grade AL like AlSi9 or something like that would be for this indeed the better choice. I think you will need some higher grade Al with a bit more Silicon because if the Al is too soft it will start smearing.  How do you plan to create this coil? CNC milling?

as i wrote ill probably hire a company for that and they do with CNC i believe

as i wrote ill probably hire a company for that and they do with CNC i believe

Cool please keep us up to date on this, for this is most interesting :) .

Cool please keep us up to date on this, for this is most interesting  :) .

sure i will but dont be disappointed please if it takes a while since i got a few extra expenses now with the apartment and all so this project might take a while. also im waiting to see the sabranco get released so i can get that and a 4790k and then really start getting my shit together. but till then i surely will update you on the ongoing modding done to the reserator. also do you think painting it would be a bad idea? 

I want to bro fist!

I can't wait to see this come to fruition.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I want to bro fist!

I can't wait to see this come to fruition.

god i love your post :D. reading c'est la vie at the end and then seeing your profile pictures :D i nearly woke up my gf by how loud i laughed this morning.