Should I buy this Refurbished PSU From Corsair?

I am planning to build my first PC soon and I am still looking for parts. I came across a refurbished HX 650 PSU that was on my local Microcenter's store webpage. It is only $69.99 compared to new unit which cost $119.99. This PSU from Corsair has some pretty nice features as it is semi-modular and has an 80 PLUS Gold certification. It is worth buying this particular unit even though it has been refurbished, or should i just get a new unit to avoid any issues? 

Link to the PSU: http://www.microcenter.com/product/430276/HX_Series_HX650_650_Watt_ATX_12V_Modular_Power_Supply_Refurbished

If it has satisfactory warranty then yes, if it's refurbished it has much less chance of DOA than a new unit.

dat avatar tho...........

The Vendor warranty is 90 days but Corsair's websites states that it offers a 1 year warranty to refurbished PSUs 

"Corsair offers a 1 year, replacement-only warranty for refurbished or factory reconditioned PSUs, Cases and Cooling units."

Link: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/warranty

Damn that is cheap as hell and if they offer a year warranty there is not much that could go wrong.. 

it's a solid PSU to begin with, and at a good deal, while knowing it's been tested before you get it. sounds like a good deal to me.

Thanks guys! I appreciate your comments and replies. I just joined and i feel welcomed by this friendly community.  :D

tumblr_mvm0aiCEeU1rlergfo1_500.gif

Thanks guys! I appreciate your comments and replies. I just joined and i feel welcomed by this friendly community.  :D

Ummmmmm.......Welcome? haha. For real welcome! Even though that was totally creepy. 

if it's refurbished by Corsair themselves then yes, buy away!

if it isn't refurbished by Corsair I would suggest you continue with caution.

I've suffered from refurbished items, a single dead pixel on my VG248QE :(

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif