Samsung taking on Beats?

dancagley

Everything to kill the crap Beats things is always good.... :-)!!

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Other than Beats.

But beats aren't good. 

So you have headphones you like , you don't have good headphones.

People like Justin Bieber that doesn't make him good. ;)

People like consoles doesn't make them good,

People like COD Ghosts doesn't make it good.

See where I'm going :P

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I love the title. They make it sound so hard.

Yet somehow I doubt it will be the case, at least I doubt they will be considerably better compared to similarly priced options from other companies...

People like Justin Bieber that doesn't make him good. ;)

People like consoles doesn't make them good,

People like COD Ghosts doesn't make it good.

See where I'm going :P

Yes, and you're wrong. The fact that you dislike Justin Bieber doesn't make him bad, just like the fact that you dislike consoles and COD doesn't make them bad. That is your own opinion, and it is no more valid than the opinion of the next guy.

Beats ehhhhh.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

If they are really good build quality then i say these are fantastic headphones. Not fantastic enough to replace my V-Modas, but significantly better than beats. 

Yes, and you're wrong. The fact that you dislike Justin Bieber doesn't make him bad, just like the fact that you dislike consoles and COD doesn't make them bad. That is your own opinion, and it is no more valid than the opinion of the next guy.

Except I don't dislike justin bieber or consoles and earlier in the day I was defending MW1.

Statistics tell me PC sales are on the rise as a response to the current gen consoles.

Justin Biebers popularity is in decline as a result of bad decisions and an ageing fanbase without the talent to appeal to larger fanbases.

COD sales and reviews seem to be slowing down with more and more complaints.Reviews might be opinionated but sales are measurable.

These are statistics. 

Now if you want to compare beats to other headphones in the same price range or cheaper you find more accurate sounds better and better build materials. Build Materials may be an opinion but sound reproduction is a measurable fact.

I don't irrationally hate or dislike things without some evidence as to why they are bad.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Except I don't dislike justin bieber or consoles and earlier in the day I was defending MW1.

Statistics tell me PC sales are on the rise as a response to the current gen consoles.

Justin Biebers popularity is in decline as a result of bad decisions and an ageing fanbase without the talent to appeal to larger fanbases.

COD sales and reviews seem to be slowing down with more and more complaints.Reviews might be opinionated but sales are measurable.

These are statistics. 

Now if you want to compare beats to other headphones in the same price range or cheaper you find more accurate sounds better and better build materials. Build Materials may be an opinion but sound reproduction is a measurable fact.

I don't irrationally hate or dislike things without some evidence as to why they are bad.

But by exactly this logic Beats are some of the best headphones on the market. Something is not simply good or bad, no matter the subject opinions are widely spread and the only truth that matters is your own. Hell some people consider lighting themselves on fire and burning alive is good, I'm not one of them though.

Welcome to the battle of the shitty headphones.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

But by exactly this logic Beats are some of the best headphones on the market. Something is not simply good or bad, no matter the subject opinions are widely spread and the only truth that matters is your own. Hell some people consider lighting themselves on fire and burning alive is good, I'm not one of them though.

Some things are opinions and some things are facts.

Fact is that Beats don't give the sound that the artists had intended and that the sound quality is lower than lower priced headphones from other companies.

Some people may like that doesn't change the fact that it's just not as good as other headphones and that it's overpriced.

Some people like the GTX750 TI that doesn't make it better than a GTX780TI.

RTX2070OC 

Except if you actually graph beats ability to recreate sound you can see it is bad.

I used a decline in sales to show how I knew something was bad not why it is bad.

People have come to the realisation that these are bad.

Justin Biebers sales declined because he is a bad musician and after peaking drove his fans away without the ability to gain new ones. It wasn't his declining popularity that caused him to be bad it was his lack of talent to appeal to a wider audience.

Beats rising popularity is similar to Justin Biebers initially growth period. 

It appeals to the lowest common denominator people who buy without thought dispite the evidence that they are wasting money.

Soon people will realise they have wasted money and that beats are no good. Why? Because they will actually try out other  headphones now they are spending good money on headphones. 

Eventually Beats sales will decline when the people wake up and realise better products exist and Beats will go the way of Cod and JB and sales will start to tank.

For now it will be like how everyone mainstream thought to be a gamer you must play cod.

To fit in with my friends I must like Justin.

To be the popular guy in high school I must have beats.

Its a status symbol nothing more and it is why it won't last.

Marketing can only get you so far but when you start teaching people to spend money at a high level you need something else.

iPod's survived because for the time they were great products.

iPhone's survive because they revolutionised build quality and still hold it up to this day.

Something is simply good or bad when it can or cannot perform the task it is supposed to do.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

snip

snip

You're both completely missing my point...

I agree that Beats and COD (roughly Black Ops and forward) are both bad products, IN MY OPINION. But if someone else prefers Beats over my highly analytical HD600, I'm not going to tell them they're idiots for thinking that. That is their opinion, which they are perfectly entitled to have. The fact that they like something other than what I like does not make them wrong. Furthermore you don't experience music like a graph or a perfectly balanced span of frequencies, nor do you experience it anything like the person next to you. You are not entitled to think someone else is wrong about a subjective matter just because they don't agree with you.

You're both completely missing my point...

I agree that Beats and COD (roughly Black Ops and forward) are both bad products, IN MY OPINION. But if someone else prefers Beats over my highly analytical HD600, I'm not going to tell them they're idiots for thinking that. That is their opinion, which they are perfectly entitled to have. The fact that they like something other than what I like does not make them wrong. Furthermore you don't experience music like a graph or a perfectly balanced span of frequencies, nor do you experience it anything like the person next to you. You are not entitled to think someone else is wrong about a subjective matter just because they don't agree with you.

I didn't call anybody an idiot if they like it then they like it still doesn't change the fact that the product isn't as good as other cheaper headphones.

Only because you like a GTX750Ti doesn't make it as fast as GTX780Ti no matter what the persons opinion is.

And 

RTX2070OC 

I didn't call anybody an idiot if they like it then they like it still doesn't change the fact that the product isn't as good as other cheaper headphones.

Only because you like a GTX750Ti doesn't make it as fast as GTX780Ti no matter what the persons opinion is.

And 

You simply can't compare those two cases. The way ears work is so organic and different from person to person, hell even different from day to day for the same person that any technical measure of sound quality is effectively rendered irrelevant. Add to that different preferences in music and how you want said music to sound, and you're either incredibly stubborn or ignorant if you can't see where I'm coming form. 

Well.. If they sound good...

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

You simply can't compare those two cases. The way ears work is so organic and different from person to person, hell even different from day to day for the same person that any technical measure of sound quality is effectively rendered irrelevant. Add to that different preferences in music and how you want said music to sound, and you're either incredibly stubborn or ignorant if you can't see where I'm coming form. 

You can measure how good the headphones can recreate sound it's simple as that.

The more accurate the headphone can recreate sounds the better the headphone because that's what headphones are supposed to do "recreate sound".

If you like more bass or treble you use an EQ not a crappy headphone that alters the sound because they lack quality.

The job of a headphone is to accurately recreate sound just as a monitors job is to accurately recreate an image.

RTX2070OC 

You can measure how good the headphones can recreate sound it's simple as that.

The more accurate the headphone can recreate sounds the better the headphone because that's what headphones are supposed to do "recreate sound".

If you like more bass or treble you use an EQ not a crappy headphone that alters the sound because they lack quality.

The job of a headphone is to accurately recreate sound just as a monitors job is to accurately recreate an image.

I did my best, have a nice day.

So what we can speculate about these samsung headphones based on their galaxy lineup of products is: low quality materials, obsession with micro USB, and a race to digital signal before apple does it?

Edit: nvm I should read the article before commenting.

Looks nice. I like that white/beige one..

Seems overpriced. But, I'll wait for an in-depth review.

Fk it, I'll just hop on the bandwagon and hate it.

I did my best, have a nice day.

Since when did this thread turn into a de facto discussion on semantics?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.