Samsung taking on Beats?

dancagley

Samsung taking on Beats with four new products. Will they become another fashion icon for the average consumer or a serious portable audio solution for us who don't enjoy overpowering bass? Or both? Can't wait for someone to dethrone Beats by Dre.

"...no question that the Level Over produces a cleaner, truer sound"

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/24/5930613/listening-to-level-can-samsung-do-headphones-better-than-beats

Did Beats not get bought by Apple?

So really its just another Samsung vs Apple game. That will end in lawsuits being thrown around for patents.  -_-

I cant not say this quote:

“Jim: Question. What kind of bear is best?
Dwight: That's a ridiculous question.
Jim: False. Black bear.
Dwight: That's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought-
Jim: Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
Dwight: Bears don't... What is going on? What are you doing?!”

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

oh ffs -_- its also not really over powering bass with beats i like it feels like im in a club :) dont like beats tho.

Can't wait for someone to dethrone Beats by Dre.

What were they the king of? overpriced shit category?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Preach.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

It was on this day in the year of 2014 that the war of the poorly constructed headphones began.

They look better. They don't look like a fucking toy that will break after a few months of taking them on and off

I love the title. They make it sound so hard.

can Samsung do headphones better than Beats?

What is this even about? Beats are decent quality headphones, but they aren't the best. Literally everybody I know that has or wants Beats products just have them because "it's beats" and it gives them bragging rights about having the product. I like my earphones and headphones to be high quality not high bling factor. I have some Sennheiser earbuds I bought for $30 that easily sound better then a friend's Beats Tour's, and for big headphones I have Audio Technica ATH-M50's which as far as all the things I listen to on them, I'd take over Studio Beats any day. 

"Rawr XD"

I don't want this taken the wrong way, but shouldn't someone who writes at the Verge know better than to have Beats headphones as a daily driver?

Hate me all, but I love Beats. The only other good headphones I have are 10 dollar shit ones bought from a flea market.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I am extremely disappointed in you Samsung: As a Korean Company, you're launching a line of pseudo high end headphones to compete with a music celebrity endorsed line of headphones and you didn't get Psy on board for this?

On second thought....thank you for not doing that.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Hate me all, but I love Beats. The only other good headphones I have are 10 dollar shit ones bought from a flea market.

So you don't have any good headphones is what you are trying to say.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

So you don't have any good headphones is what you are trying to say.

Other than Beats.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Aye you can probably afford a pair of ATH M50s, a nice DAC and still have over 50 to spare

Right! Heck you don't even need a DAC for a ATH M50.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I don't want this taken the wrong way, but shouldn't someone who writes at the Verge know better than to have Beats headphones as a daily driver?

The verge has been on a downward slope for a long time now.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

haha yes that and as of January 2014 "according to the NPD Group, a marketing research company, Beats controls 27% of the $1.8 billion headphone market -- and 57% of the market for "premium" headphones, ones that cost $99 or more. On- or over-the-ear Beats retail from about $200 to $400..."

Quoted from cnn.com: http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/13/tech/beats-headphones-audio-market/

When design and looks are more expensive than the audio quality, in f'ing headphones, then i'm just happy that i care for the sound more than the looks. I've been using a pair of 100$ headphones by Sony for about two years now, and i think they're great. Compared them to my friends beats "studio" or "pro", can't remember which of those they where, and the sound quality of the two models are easily comparable. The beats had more bass, but it only kinda made the headphones feel like they were vibrating, while making the mid's and treble murky, if the volume were to high.

So i'm glad that i bought these 100$ headphones, instead of a pair of headphones for 300$ or even 450$, when i enjoy the sound in these alot more. Not really sure if i made a point here, more than this is kinda fine by me, as long as not every model and brand wiill be like this. I dont know anymore, bye.

This

"Rawr XD"

slow day in the tech news then

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I do not know whether it was produced by samsung but I had the in ear headphones that came with my galaxy S4. After 13 months I finally broke them, I bought beats in ear headphones, and every day I weep for the Samsung handset.