Facebook Is Now Worth $190 Billion

Rafy

Facebook is worth more than Amazon. Following yesterday’s earnings report, Facebook shares hit an all-time high in after-hours trading at $75. Price has been very stable this morning as well, confirming yesterday’s pop. Shares opened at $75.96 a share, then set a new record at $76.74. Now, shares are trading at $75.13.

In other words, Facebook’s market capitalization is now around $190 billion, above Amazon’s market capitalization of $165 billion.

With $2.91 billion in revenue and earnings of $0.42 per share, the company beat the analysts’ expectations. When you see Facebook’s earnings chart, it seems like there is no end in sight. Facebook is a great example of a tech company that has performed very well since going public.

It could have bigger consequences on the stock market. Investors could become bullish on other tech stocks due to Facebook’s good performance.

Facebook is a much different company than it was when it went public in May 2012. At the time, most of its users were browsing the social network on their laptops, and the company’s ad offering wasn’t as effective as it could be. Now, most users go to Facebook on their phones, and the mobile ads are performing very well.

But if you look back even further, nobody would have thought five years ago that Facebook would be worth more than Amazon, around half of Google and Microsoft. One last number, Facebook is now worth more than eight times Twitter.

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/24/facebook-is-now-worth-190-billion/

Damn, that's a lot of money!!!

pZd5T6v.gif

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

the average age on facebook is now 35..... so yeah, maybe its time to "jump off the band wagon" 

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Wait LOL the article is talking about how Facebook is worth 8 times more than twitter hahhaha. Please how can you even compare twitter to facebook?! On top of that twitter just opened their IPO on the stock market recently! Pssst what a blasphemous comparison. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I am worth

(hold on ill check my bank balance

£1478....

Shit

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am worth

£1478....

Shit

You have more personality than Facebook (as a corporation). We all do.

So we have that going for us.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Wait LOL the article is talking about how Facebook is worth 8 times more than twitter hahhaha. Please how can you even compare twitter to facebook?! On top of that twitter just opened their IPO on the stock market recently! Pssst what a blasphemous comparison. 

I'm blissfully ignorant of all this and just masturbating myself silly in my mind at the idea of $190bn floating around in my bank balance.

I promise if I get that rich I'll buy you an island shaped like that guy in the gifs' hair.

Facebook is crap. I'm never making a facebook account.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm blissfully ignorant of all this and just masturbating myself silly in my mind at the idea of $190bn floating around in my bank balance.

I promise if I get that rich I'll buy you an island shaped like that guy in the gifs' hair.

Oh that'll certainly be a interesting looking island....

The company may be worth 190 billion hyped but Mark only gets a portion of that, the rest belong to the board and shareholders. \

Only a Island though? Islands don't cost all that much. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

What will you buy me :'(  

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Oh that'll certainly be a interesting looking island....

The company may be worth 190 billion hyped but Mark only gets a portion of that, the rest belong to the board and shareholders. \

Only a Island though? Islands don't cost all that much. 

What about a diamond encrusted golden toilet?

What will you buy me :'(  

A razor! :D :D :D :D :D

I am worth

£1478....

Shit

You would most likely be worth a lot more in a black market... Not that I know anything about it or related to something like that...

*Police knocking at my door*

Well... Damnit... Why did I even write that?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

What about a diamond encrusted golden toilet?

Hmmm How about a fleet of private jets instead? I could use some private jets. 

Hmmm How about a fleet of private jets instead? I could use some private jets. 

Fine, but they all have to have 'fly with freddy' written down the side. :D

Facebook will be around for quite some time still. I was at the sale party for Myspace back in 2005 when it was sold for 580 million. Facebook is taking it in a much better direction and I don't see Zuckerberg selling out anytime soon.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Well shit..... 

hC8ftC6.gif

On the reals tho if I ever came into to that much dough I'd make it rain in the lives of all the people I like, you can have some jets if you want. :)

Facebook will be around for quite some time still. I was at the sale party for Myspace back in 2005 when it was sold for 580 million. Facebook is taking it in a much better direction and I don't see Zuckerberg selling out anytime soon.

Lol the bastards worried about facebook losing traction, which is exactly whats happening. He's dumping money into assets which he hopes will imitate facebooks success. 

On the reals tho if I ever came into to that much dough I'd make it rain in the lives of all the people I like, you can have some jets if you want. :)

Yus~! A jets not necessary, you don't need to send me anything. If I start fumbling and lose my position in the stock market then I may ask for assistance.

I'm a honest merchant after all~ 

Lol the bastards worried about facebook losing traction, which is exactly whats happening. He's dumping money into assets which he hopes will imitate facebooks success. 

Not about imitating success it's about growing a brand and having a larger company. Having the ability to have your hands in all different areas of the tech industry as a CEO (Mark Zuc) means he will be able to throw that money into future endeavors and help things grow.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Not about imitating success it's about growing a brand and having a larger company. Having the ability to have your hands in all different areas of the tech industry as a CEO (Mark Zuc) means he will be able to throw that money into future endeavors and help things grow.

I heard the shareholder conference calls. He basically bought whatsapp because he wanted to imitate the success of social media applications. 

He's letting all of these companies like instagram run independently because he's afraid the facebook branding could drive popularity away. 

EDIT: Really though when it comes down to it, Mark's in a stressful position.... facebook is losing traction and a large sum of revenue is from advertising. Shareholders aren't happy with some of the actions he's taken and the companies stock value is almost always hyped.