PC doesn't boot up

BallGum

A friend of mine has decided to get into PC gaming. Everything arrived and he built it however, when pressing the power button the fans turn on but there is no display output.

He used two different monitors and tried plugging them into both the motherboard and graphics card.

He used an Asus GTX 770 and an MSI Z87 G45 Motherboard. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

A friend of mine has decided to get into PC gaming. Everything arrived and he built it however, when pressing the power button the fans turn on but there is no display output.

He used two different monitors and tried plugging them into both the motherboard and graphics card.

He used an Asus GTX 770 and an MSI Z87 G45 Motherboard. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Did he use the same DVI/HDMI/VGA Cable0

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

The only time this has happened to me in the past was when I inserted the RAM in to the wrong slots. Make sure you're RAM is in the correct slots.

Thanks I'll tell him that and see if it helps

Try a BIOS reset yet?  Also make sure all power connections are properly connected.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Did he put power to the GPU?

Is the ram fully inserted into he slots? (they are really hard to shove in sometimes)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Have you plugged in the 8 pin/4 pin CPU cable?

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

He's tried all the suggestions. He's considering returning the mobo as it seems that it is faulty. Thanks for the help guys.