FX CPU in m-ATX MOBO

full ATX running a 8320 OC. I don't want to burn the house down. There is no decent mATX board for these 8 cores.

I wouldn't suggest matx on the fx side. Since even 970 boards don't even all work well with 8 cores, you want to load 8 cores on a matx board? Unless you can find a matx board that has decent vrm cooling solution, it would work, but if you plan on ocing,(which is kind of the point of buying fx) you would be hard pressed with the 970/990fx on the atx side if you don't have a good board, making it even harder on the matx side. Simply put, going atx will save you the headaches down the line. Something like the gigabyte 990fxa-ud3h rev4 is a great budget oc board.

I'll proberly just go with fm2+ matx mobo for the 760K chip.

I'll proberly just go with fm2+ matx mobo for the 760K chip.

jup, maybe there will be 6+ core apus in the future and you can pick up one of these and just use the cpu

jup, maybe there will be 6+ core apus in the future and you can pick up one of these and just use the cpu

Yea and even if i picked the am3+ fx cpus i probberly were going to get a new mother board anyways so i just go with what hardware that can handle my stuff :P

Yea and even if i picked the am3+ fx cpus i probberly were going to get a new mother board anyways so i just go with what hardware that can handle my stuff :P

jup

jup

I'll might go with something like the ASUS A88XM-PLUS

I'll might go with something like the ASUS A88XM-PLUS

the plus has just sata 3Gb/s, the Asus a88xm-a has 6Gb/s

the plus has just sata 3Gb/s, the Asus a88xm-a has 6Gb/s

No the plus is listed with 8 x SATA-600

Edit:

They are here in my country

No the plus is listed with 8 x SATA-600

Edit:

They are here in my country

hmmmm...amazon says 3Gb/s

A88X has sata 6GB/s built into the chipset, only A55 has 3GB/s :)

ah ok

A88X has sata 6GB/s built into the chipset, only A55 has 3GB/s :)

@Wiff

I'll might not take it becouse i don't need that crossfire option when one of the 16x pci-e is only in 4x mode :P

@Wiff

I'll might not take it becouse i don't need that crossfire option when one of the 16x pci-e is only in 4x mode :P

You mean you want to use crossfire in the future? You'd probably not want an APU or FX then unless you're crossfiring 260x :P

You mean you want to use crossfire in the future? You'd probably not want an APU or FX then unless you're crossfiring 260x :P

I'm going to get the MSI R9 270 and i won't crossfire becouse all the low end Mobos only have 1 pci-e 16x where the other is only in 4x mode

EDIT:

Just found the Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DS2 (rev. 3.0) and thought that might be good

or ASROCK FM2A88M-HD+ Sata 3

and? it costs extra money and it isnt louder than a laptop fan, when your complete system is loud then ir wont help upgrading the cooler

I own a 8350 I've dealt with this first hand. Seriously the fan is way too loud. My brother has this terrible laptop that runs at 100 C and it downclocked itself to 900mhz from 2.4ghz. The fans run at 100% all day and it isnt nearly as loud as the stock cooler. The noise was absolutely unbearable. 30$ for a hyper 212 evo that is inaudible and drastically lowers temperatures. I cant recommend that purchase enough

also my 3x 120MM fans at max speed is very quiet when you compared it to that stock cooler. just saying