Will this HDD fit this laptop

dilzy2
Go to solution Solved by menendez1293,

What about an ATA as that looks to have a similiar end to an IDE also it says ATA on that site I posted ( http://drivesolutions.com/cgi/shop/ug2store.cgi?command=listitems&kind=tol&pos=0&type=itemid&itemid=tol5882 ), how can I tell which it takes

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe IDE and ATA are the same. IDE was the original name and it was changed to ATA when it was introduced to other things like optical drives.

As long as the laptop has SATA port, you are good to go. The only reason I say to make sure is because it is an older laptop, and I have seen some older laptops that shipped with XP come with 2.5inch IDE drives. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

As long as the laptop has SATA port, you are good to go. The only reason I say to make sure is because it is an older laptop, and I have seen some older laptops that shipped with XP come with 2.5inch IDE drives. 

I tried to put one that looks abit like the one on the left and it was completley wrong and didnt fit in..

img_1015.jpg

I tried to put one that looks abit like the one on the left and it was completley wrong and didnt fit in..

Posted Image

Did the one on the right work?

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

I dont have the one on the right its just a stock photo from the net

I dont have the one on the right its just a stock photo from the net

Can you post a picture of where the Hard drive connects to the laptop? Assuming that website is correct, then the laptop only supports IDE drives and therefore the drive in your OP will not work, as it is a SATA drive. 

Can you post a picture of where the Hard drive connects to the laptop? Assuming that website is correct, then the laptop only supports IDE drives and therefore the drive in your OP will not work, as it is a SATA drive. 

P20140725171140.jpgP20140725171154.jpgP20140725171202.jpgP20140725171246.jpg

Thanks

Yea the drive in your OP will not fit. You need yo search for an IDE drive. They might be difficult to find new as it hasn't been used in over 5 years.

It looks like it should work.

Is there no definitive way of checking before I buy it?

Thanks

Is there no definitive way of checking before I buy it?

Thanks

I am almost 100% positive that it will work, I can say that for certain a SATA Drive will not work. 

I am almost 100% positive that it will work, I can say that for certain a SATA Drive will not work. 

What about an ATA as that looks to have a similiar end to an IDE also it says ATA on that site I posted ( http://drivesolutions.com/cgi/shop/ug2store.cgi?command=listitems&kind=tol&pos=0&type=itemid&itemid=tol5882 ), how can I tell which it takes

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe IDE and ATA are the same. IDE was the original name and it was changed to ATA when it was introduced to other things like optical drives.

Ah ok, thats what was confusing me im pretty sure your right after looking it up. Thanks alot for your help :)