Hi! i'm building a pc, and i was wondering if anybody has any suggestions to a closed water loop, cpu cooler.
I'd like water cooling but i am a newb and i would rather not do custom water cooling on my first build,
i'll be running either a NZXT 820 case, or A HAF X, i'm torn between the two (sadface). I heard the 4790k gets quite hot, and i'd rather avoid that, i intend to do a little streaming, and possibly video editing! :)

Thanks in Advance!

Hi! i'm building a pc, and i was wondering if anybody has any suggestions to a closed water loop, cpu cooler.

I'd like water cooling but i am a newb and i would rather not do custom water cooling on my first build,

i'll be running either a NZXT 820 case, or A HAF X, i'm torn between the two (sadface). I heard the 4790k gets quite hot, and i'd rather avoid that, i intend to do a little streaming, and possibly video editing! :)

Thanks in Advance!

The NZXT 820 is a much better case than the HAF IMO, the build quality is better and it looks better.

As for cooling, have you given air cooling a thought?

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Maybe you should look at the upcoming swiftech h220x that's coming out of a few weeks.It looks gorgeous.

Basically any 240/280mm AIO would do.I'd pick the swiftech h220 because it's expandable and the rad is 100% copper which means better cooling potential.

NZXT 820 ftw.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

The NZXT 820 is a much better case than the HAF IMO, the build quality is better and it looks better.

As for cooling, have you given air cooling a thought?

Hi! atm i am air cooling, BUT with this old 6100 6 core amd processor its still about 30, with a cooler master v8 gts, it was at around 60+ before i bought it and swapped it out. I can still return the V8 which is why i was asking around at people, if they had any closed water loops, I'd mainly like my pc to not get over 60 while streaming and or editing etc. :)

Also i was looking at charts and it showed that the HAF X was better with air cooling, so i was in doubt weather or not to go nzxt as the front fan looks a bit blocked with the design.

Maybe you should look at the upcoming swiftech h220x that's coming out of a few weeks.It looks gorgeous.

Basically any 240/280mm AIO would do.I'd pick the swiftech h220 because it's expandable and the rad is 100% copper which means better cooling potential.

NZXT 820 ftw.

I shall give this a look right now sir/ma'am! :)

Hi! atm i am air cooling, BUT with this old 6100 6 core amd processor its still about 30, with a cooler master v8 gts, it was at around 60+ before i bought it and swapped it out. I can still return the V8 which is why i was asking around at people, if they had any closed water loops, I'd mainly like my pc to not get over 60 while streaming and or editing etc. :)

Also i was looking at charts and it showed that the HAF X was better with air cooling, so i was in doubt weather or not to go nzxt as the front fan looks a bit blocked with the design.

well the V8 isnt a very good cooler, something like the D14 would keep it just as cool as a 240mm rad AIO.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

well the V8 isnt a very good cooler, something like the D14 would keep it just as cool as a 240mm rad AIO.

well would you know of any closed water loops that would fit the NZXT? i've been looking around and i just keep running into the h100i but theres mixed reviews on it :/ im so lost lol. i'm also getting a gtx 780 ti evga classified version, hence me thinking about the HAF X for the gpu air cooling.

well would you know of any closed water loops that would fit the NZXT? i've been looking around and i just keep running into the h100i but theres mixed reviews on it :/ im so lost lol. i'm also getting a gtx 780 ti evga classified version, hence me thinking about the HAF X for the gpu air cooling.

I'd get the H220 or this http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swh2edwitr12.html  yes its more expensive, but you get to take advantage of the NZXT's 360mm rad support and you can add your GPU to it in the future

Also Don't worry about GPU temps it will defo get enough airflow in the 820, Build quality is the main thing to look at when buying cases IMO and the 820 definatly beats the haf in that department.

I'd get the H220 or this http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swh2edwitr12.html  yes its more expensive, but you get to take advantage of the NZXT's 360mm rad support and you can add your GPU to it in the future

Also Don't worry about GPU temps it will defo get enough airflow in the 820, Build quality is the main thing to look at when buying cases IMO and the 820 definatly beats the haf in that department.

Thanks for the help! Is the H220 a closed water or is it open? it looks closed but the description says kit? i'd rather not have to put it together my self as i'd probs mess it up lol.

Thanks for the help! Is the H220 a closed water or is it open? it looks closed but the description says kit? i'd rather not have to put it together my self as i'd probs mess it up lol.

no, its closed just like a h100, but you can expand it in the future if you want.  So its closed, but not locked closed.  You won't have to assemble anything dont worry .

Thanks in Advance!

If it has to be an AIO, get the Nepton 280L and call it a day.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

My classified was great on air. Boosted to 1150mhz while on stock. Make sure you get some good cooling for it though. The ACX cooler was quiet until 75%, so it comes with pretty good cooling. But I would recommend trying to get it under water if at all possible.

To answer your question, I think the NHD15 is better than any AIO, but I understand if you want an AIO because the NHD15 is massive. As for an AIO I would not recommend a H100i. Mine was very loud. I think the H220x or whatever looks nice, but I would wait for reviews because you never know. I've heard good things about NZXT's Kraken as well. Linus has a video on them.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

My classified was great on air. Boosted to 1150mhz while on stock. Make sure you get some good cooling for it though. The ACX cooler was quiet until 75%, so it comes with pretty good cooling. But I would recommend trying to get it under water if at all possible.

To answer your question, I think the NHD15 is better than any AIO, but I understand if you want an AIO because the NHD15 is massive. As for an AIO I would not recommend a H100i. Mine was very loud. I think the H220x or whatever looks nice, but I would wait for reviews because you never know. I've heard good things about NZXT's Kraken as well. Linus has a video on them.

Hi! the thing is, i dont mind if its noisy, i'd rather have a pc that sounds like a jet, than one thats quiet and slowly melting :) if the h100i is a good cooler, then i dont mind the noise at all if i am honest! thanks for the input, i've been looking at the NHD15, but i dont think i want another air cooler again, with a pc with loads of fans and nice air flow.

NZXT 820 ftw.

The 220x is released. It came out last Friday. That said, there are no reviews for it, and the only place I know of to buy it is direct from Swifttech, so I won't say you are wrong, just...technically wrong. :P

Thanks to Everyone that helped out! i think i'll take the swiftech one! :)