Sli with GTX 780 Ti and GtX 560 Ti?

mat45

Hey guys. I have a question for you.

I have a gtx 560 Ti and wanted to buy a Gtx 780 Ti (or a Maxwell card when it comes out if it's worth it). 

Since I didn't want to throw away my Gtx 560 Ti I wanted to know if I could do a sli with that card and the Gtx 780 Ti.

No. You can only SLI the same card, but brand can be different.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

You can have them both in at the same time but not in sli so there is no performance difference in games

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

No, they are completely different microarchitectures.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

No, they will not work in SLI together. You could use the 560ti as a dedicated PhysX cards IIRC, but that would just be a waste of power tbh.

You can't SLI them and if you don't want to throw it away you could put it on a shelf and have it look cool like Linus does

the GTX560ti will slow down your GTX780Ti

run just the GTX780Ti in it

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

the 560 ti is good enough for all games, why would you want to upgrade

I don't think that is true. The 560ti can't run bf4 at ultra 1080p 60fps for example. Also the VRAM could be an issue for him. Sure he can play all games, but if he wants ultra quality, 1080p and over 60 fps, he would need to upgrade.

AFAIK

I personally think upgrading every two generations is a good idea. I think I'll build a new PC totally before I go to college and not upgrade my current one. Hopefully with a 1080 in it or whatever.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I don't think that is true. The 560ti can't run bf4 at ultra 1080p 60fps for example. Also the VRAM could be an issue for him. Sure he can play all games, but if he wants ultra quality, 1080p and over 60 fps, he would need to upgrade.

AFAIK

I personally think upgrading every two generations is a good idea. I think I'll build a new PC totally before I go to college and not upgrade my current one. Hopefully with a 1080 in it or whatever.

if youhad to play games with 15fps at lowest settings for many years, then you wont have a problem playing games at low in 1080p with 50fps average

if youhad to play games with 15fps at lowest settings for many years, then you wont have a problem playing games at low in 1080p with 50fps average

No, just... no! 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

my laptop manages 30fps on low and I am not complaining

30fps on low...

NRjQHLQ.gif

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I have a shitty computer so everyone should be fine with a shitty computer is what you're saying. At 30 fps and lowest settings, I can't even play. Before using ultra 60fps I could do it. But after I will never do it again. I just can't. At 15 fps on low, the game isn't even worth playing.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Because it is not.

Because it is not.

rich *****! I realy wish I had such a laptop gpu and you are not satisfied with it......thats just ridiculous and makes me angry

rich *****! I realy wish I had such a laptop gpu and you are not satisfied with it......thats just ridiculous and makes me angry

You have a 750m, that is probably not that different than a 560Ti. I was just stating a fact and he is running at 1080p. It could probably run many older games just fine but certain newer ones are just demanding. Also normally I do not mention this but I worked long and hard for this setup and had to sacrifice many things for it. I should not have to defend myself but you seem more content to accuse then ask.

You have a 750m, that is probably not that different than a 560Ti. I was just stating a fact and he is running at 1080p. It could probably run many older games just fine but certain newer ones are just demanding. Also normally I do not mention this but I worked long and hard for this setup and had to sacrifice many things for it. I should not have to defend myself but you seem more content to accuse then ask.

my brother had the same fps as me in BF3, but i had everythings on low and he had everything maxed out (Anti Alaising maxed too), so dont tell me they are the same

my brother had the same fps as me in BF3, but i had everythings on low and he had everything maxed out (Anti Alaising maxed too), so dont tell me they are the same

Calm down dude, I was just trying to think of a rough estimate and I did say that it was just a thought and not concrete.

Calm down dude, I was just trying to think of a rough estimate and I did say that it was just a thought and not concrete.

You can sell the 560(if you get anything for it really) and save up for a 780 to upgrade, make sure your CPU is decent too. 

I could use a free 560 :3

Use your 560 ti as a drink coaster.

{PC} i5 4690 | Gigabyte R9 290 | Asus H97-Plus | 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury | CM Hyper 212 Evo | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | Adata SX900 256GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB TT 650W Smart Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed

{Audio} Ear/Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400, Westone 4R, Shure SE535 Amp: Little Dot MKIII, Fiio E11 Dac: LIttle Dot Dac II

I'm sorry to hear that.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

you could use the 560Ti for a physx card, but Fermi cards weren't exactly power efficient, and few games actually use Physx much. I traded my old shelf ornament MSI 560 to someone at work for a case o' beer; we both greatly benefited from the trade.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR