vfAXr6z.png

Yaho mina-san! Week 12 is upon us. Its now time to decide which anime the club should watch and discuss this week. The poll will be active for 48hrs-ish.

Hamatora

Current

This was suggested by @xViinskI saying "The main character is incredibly charismatic and has some plot twists."

"Minimum" - a special inborn power found in a limited number of human beings, known as "minimum holders." In Yokohama, the detective team Hamatora, formed by two minimum holders named Nice and Murasaki, comes across information connected to a serial killer being pursued by their old friend Art. It turns out all the victims are minimum holders like them. Unwillingly at first, the two detectives become involved in the investigation

-from ANN

url_480h.png

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

The Devil Is A Part-Timer!

Recent

This was suggested by @frustratedrocka saying "Funny as all hell. For those of you who recognize my username from elsewhere, I was a fan of this show even before I ended up cast as the lead in the abridged version."

In another dimension the Devil King Sadao is only one step away from conquering the world when he is beaten by Hero Emilia and forced to drift to the other world: modern-day Tokyo. As "conquering the world" are the only skills the Devil King possesses - and are obviously unnecessary in his new situation - he must work as a freeter to pay for his living expenses.

-from ANN

674888-_________hataraku_maou_samadispla

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

Baccano!

Post-2007

This was suggested by @frustratedrocka saying "The show that started me watching anime, and the closest animated equivalent to a Quentin Tarantino movie. Also features one of the all-time great English dubs, which really sells the Prohibition-era gangland setting."

Each of the stories in the series involves several unrelated plots intersecting and crossing each other as events spiral farther and farther out of control. Immortal alchemists, mafia operated speakeasies, and many other elements of pulp fiction mashed together for a world straight out of the movies.

-from ANN

Baccanofull540573_480h.png

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

Paranoia Agent

Pre-2007

This was suggested by @frustratedrocka saying "The sole TV series from the mind of the late, great Satoshi Kon, the man behind Perfect Blue and Paprika"

An elementary school kid dubbed with the title "shounen bat" or "lil slugger" has been going around attacking people with his bent, golden bat. Now, two detectives are investigating so they can stop this kid from making any more attacks, but they will find out soon enough... that this case is much more than they expected.

-from ANN

2006-11-20-37107_480h.png

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

School Rumble

Random

This was suggested by @CatCloud saying "Its great, a must watch! and there is Harima Kenji in it!"

Tsukamoto Tenma is an ordinary 2nd year high school student who has fallen in love with one of her classmates, Karasuma Ooji. However, currently she is unable to confess her feelings to him. To make things worse, she found out that Karasuma is transferring to another school in a year. On the other hand, Tenma's other classmate, Harima Kenji (who is a delinquent) is also in love with Tenma. Not being able to confess his feelings, Harima gets depressed day by day.

-from ANN

school_rumble_2nd_05_poster_02_480h.png

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

@Luclocke @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @ @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

The Devil is a part timer seems like a really funny anime lol

btw how does someone suggest an anime? do i send it to someone or something

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

The Devil is a part timer seems like a really funny anime lol

btw how does someone suggest an anime? do i send it to someone or something

Head over to the poll suggestion submission thread http://goo.gl/9tPpku

D: My name. It's not there. I thought I joined when @MyInnerFred told me I should and I said ok I will.

Again, it's not there. D:

whywouldyoudothat.jpg

Hmm it seems be there ;)

Hmm why dont we just make a sheet for that too...

yes yes... why don't YOU lol

hey I offered to work on them but you said you would...

Baccano! looks really interesting, and if it got you hooked on anime then I'm interested in it.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

hey I offered to work on them but you said you would...

It isn't like i said i would I just did it because you were not lol

Baccano! looks really interesting, and if it got you hooked on anime then I'm interested in it.

Baccano is quite very good.

It isn't like i said i would I just did it because you were not lol

I am umm confused, but sorry?

I'm voting for baccano, I know its made by the same guys that made durarara so I'm hoping it'll be pretty good.

It's better :D

It's better :D

orlynow. Then I must see it. I'm still waiting on another season of Durarara!! to enjoy, so may as well.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

orlynow. Then I must see it. I'm still waiting on another season of Durarara!! to enjoy, so may as well.

*nods*

there is another season? Didnt it basically finish?

*nods*

there is another season? Didnt it basically finish?

Nope. What it covered was some of the Visual Novels, but it had a few left over when the season ended. More material has been released since then, definitely enough for a second season. 

It was announced on 3/22. Proof: http://myanimelist.net/anime/23199/ Those link to twitter and the official website which say new season and such. I'm excited because I hate the way the first season ended. Absolutely no closure. Just a kind of "Hey, it's over." or rather "Life went on..." ending. 

http://www.durarara.com/ Note how there's an "Official Site 1st Season" at the bottom. The original VA's will come back for it, so yay. 

Unfortunately, it being announced on 3/22 means that it probably won't come out until either Winter or Spring/Summer 2015. :(

The first season covered 3 volumes of the Visual Novels which equates to 3 major arcs. A ton of backstory was covered though too (since it was necessary) so that means they may be able to cover a lot more in this new season since they are done with backstory for the most part. That's something I'm also excited about. :D

@TheProfosist, I added this bit at the end but didn't think it was worth another post.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Nope. What it covered was some of the Visual Novels, but it had a few left over when the season ended. More material has been released since then, definitely enough for a second season. 

It was announced on 3/22. Proof: http://myanimelist.net/anime/23199/ Those link to twitter and the official website which say new season and such. I'm excited because I hate the way the first season ended. Absolutely no closure. Just a kind of "Hey, it's over." or rather "Life went on..." ending. 

http://www.durarara.com/ Note how there's an "Official Site 1st Season" at the bottom. The original VA's will come back for it, so yay.

Interesting the first season did do well even in the US so im not all that surprised. Its been a while though so i wonder how itll turn out.

hmm u should change how it looks like have the tilte image then This was suggested by and then the Synopsis

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Baccano!

sorry it seem quite amazing ^^

I am happy little Vegemite.

I voted for Paranoia Agent, because even though Baccano is in fact a pretty good show the hodgepodge of comedy doesn't quite equal out to the to the interesting things I've seen about Paranoia Agent as it seems to be one of those shows with parts that actually make you think about what's going to happen next and you end up trying to solve the story while you watch, which I really find appealing myself. Really good list up there though. Oh yea, I also didn't vote for Devil is a Part Timer because while I found it kind of funny at various points and I believe I did watch the whole series it's not quite up to the same level as some of the other choices up there. (Still a good watch though)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society