Stock GTX 770 getting bottleneck from i7 920?

Go to solution Solved by JoshM,

Try OCing your CPU my cousin runs a 950 with a GTX 780 and seems to smash everything at 1080P. 

With my set-up I should be able to play games like Metro Last light at medium settings at 1080p 120htz. But my system just straight up has a meltdown. It plays certain bits fine then just chokes up and stutters into oblivion making it entirely unplayable. I dont THINK my cpu is bottlenecking my card, but I cant help feeling like it might be. What do you guys think? 

RIG:

• CPU
    Intel Core i7 920 (Bloomfield)
  • Motherboard
    Asus Rampage III Gene
  • RAM
    12 GB Corsair Vengeance
  • GPU
    GTX 770
  • Case
    Might as well not exist its that bad
  • Storage
    1TB Seagate (7200rpm)
  • PSU
    Corsair 750w
  • Display(s)
    Acer GD235hz
  • Cooling
    H80i and Cougar fans
  • Keyboard
    Corsair k70
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
    Steelseries Siberia V2 and Klipsch 2.1

Try OCing your CPU my cousin runs a 950 with a GTX 780 and seems to smash everything at 1080P. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

it could be overheating

usual case check GPU temps and load

feed more air to the GPU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I thought about it, but it honestly looks too confusing and im worried that I might damage my system to a rather expensive point. 

it could be overheating

usual case check GPU temps and load

feed more air to the GPU

I already made sure that wasn't the issue. Heat gets a lil on the high note, but my GPU is never downclocking itself for saftey so im legit confused. 

I already made sure that wasn't the issue. Heat gets a lil on the high note, but my GPU is never downclocking itself for saftey so im legit confused. 

it could be just the game

run Unigine and see if it does the same thing

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

it could be just the game

run Unigine and see if it does the same thing

Doing that right now. Ill let you guys know what happens. 

Add more case fans?

Ive already determined cooling isnt the issue. 

Doing that right now. Ill let you guys know what happens. 

Ive already determined cooling isnt the issue. 

Sorry, posted before I saw you say that.

Turn off advanced physx and AA? My game used to be like that and I have a 4770k/GTX 780. If you turn off/down AA and turn advanced Physx off you should be fine.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Turn off advanced physx and AA? My game used to be like that and I have a 4770k/GTX 780. If you turn off/down AA and turn advanced Physx off you should be fine.

Yeah I had that same issue in metro LL. Even though I've got an amd card 'advanced physx' was enabled by default, and it would absolutely destroy my fps in certain areas, even if I turned all the graphical settings down. After finding and turning that setting off the game ran smoothly on very high (except I had AA set to 'aaa').

Ok so I ran unigen heres what I got (highlight to see the stuff in boxes). : 

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0 FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System Platform:
Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64bit
CPU model:
Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (2670MHz) x4
GPU model:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 9.18.13.3788 (2048MB) x1
Settings Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
1920x1080 4xAA fullscreen
Preset
Custom
Quality
High

Not sure if its related to this issue but borderlands 2 (game not known for its graphical needs) if there are more than like three enemies on my screen I plummet to 20-30 fps. What gives? I have to turn everything down to min for it to stop. 

Min 16.9 FPS is kinda low

do you have GPU-Z ID screenshot?

Min 16.9 FPS is kinda low

do you have GPU-Z ID screenshot?

I do not sir. What info would that give? 

Yeah I had that same issue in metro LL. Even though I've got an amd card 'advanced physx' was enabled by default, and it would absolutely destroy my fps in certain areas, even if I turned all the graphical settings down. After finding and turning that setting off the game ran smoothly on very high (except I had AA set to 'aaa').

I have a card that is supposed to run it. NOPE, system got nuked whenever I played. 15 FPS master race!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I do not sir. What info would that give? 

screen2.gif

a pic like this will show tons of stuffs

it will show GPU load during the benchmarks