accessories that had no bushiness being included with your hardware

JAW96

I'll start

1. when I received my Dell S2340M it came with not a DVI cord, but a... VGA... Yeah, dell I'm going to be running my brand new 1080p IPS display (though admittedly not a high end one) off a of something that should have died 5 years back... just... no

2. when I received my 7950 I was going through the accessories, Xfire bridge okay, micro display port to HDMI, would have preferred to DVI, but makes sense, and then what would be the third accessories a power adapter perhaps... no, a DVI to VGA adapter... this is the one I really get wrapped up about, because someone at Power Color had to go through this thought progress "so what should we included with our AMD 7900 series cards, hmmm... what about a VGA adapter!" employee #2 "This is a high end card I'm pretty sure that the person buying this card will have a DVI capable monitor" employee #1 "well guess what I'm the senior around here so it gets included"    

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

I only just browsed hp computers and a cheap printer arrived at my house within an hour. 

Oh and fucking driver CDs. CDS! For monitors and shit!

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I once got a dog in the box of my computer case...or maybe my dog climbed in there, I'm not sure.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I only just browsed hp computers and a cheap printer arrived at my house within an hour. 

Oh and fucking driver CDs. CDS! For monitors and shit!

you mean those sweet coasters with a hole in them for easy gripping!

I'll start

1. when I received my Dell S2340M it came with not a DVI cord, but a... VGA... Yeah, dell I'm going to be running my brand new 1080p IPS display (though admittedly not a high end one) off a of something that should have died 5 years back... just... no

2. when I received my 7950 I was going through the accessories, Xfire bridge okay, micro display port to HDMI, would have preferred to DVI, but makes sense, and then what would be the third accessories a power adapter perhaps... no, a DVI to VGA adapter... this is the one I really get wrapped up about, because someone at Power Color had to go through this thought progress "so what should we included with our AMD 7900 series cards, hmmm... what about a VGA adapter!" employee #2 "This is a high end card I'm pretty sure that the person buying this card will have a DVI capable monitor" employee #1 "well guess what I'm the senior around here so it gets included"    

Don't you dare talk shit about VGA!

i still use it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Don't you dare talk shit about VGA!

i still use it.

I have to ask, why?

I have to ask, why?

I like old standards. I still use VGA, IDE, and AGP. I love old standards. The only old standards I hate are parallel and serial. Ewww, those were nasty.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

To be fair with the VGA cables there's always going to be that one guy who can only use VGA. Probably because they haven't upgraded their monitor/computer since 2001. If they don't include it then odds are then it'll be returned by those people. We know those people and being techies we've probably been there ourselves when we were first getting into tech. So it make sense as long as they also include the "correct" cables.

What really annoys me is when they don't include something while still including the useless stuffs. I got a Blu-Ray player a few years ago and being a Blu-Ray player you'd assume that people buying it are all about "experiencing movies in HD". I assumed that there'll either be no cables in the box, a HDMI cable or a HDMI cable plus the legacy BS. Turns out this Blu-Ray player has two kinds of video output and only two. HDMI and can-only-do-480i composite. They don't have a HDMI cable in the box, they do have a composite cable.... why? If you're using composite cables you got the wrong thing!

oh, and while I'm talking about Blu-Rays, Ultraviolet. I never thought I'd say this but.... it was soo much better when they included iTunes download codes. Seriously guys, I used to download those iTunes codes but this? I'll just rip the disk instead, I'm thinking of simply refusing to buy any movie with an Ultraviolet copy. Because this is BS.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

iiyama 1080p monitor that came with an vga cable. At least they included one cheapish dvi but why vga? ._.

Cheap usb keyboard that has no macros or anything else special and included a quick installationquide. Really? Do they want me to feel stupid?

Stickers. All products so far. Ofc 10 sticker ads 0,01 ghz to it /sarcasm *cough* rice

Driver CD's Ok, for wifi or networking stuff this is requiered. But come on, I can't think of an single household what don't has internet today to download them.

PSU Floppy output. Who gonna use this nowadays? Maybe some soundcards but adapter would be better.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

iiyama 1080p monitor that came with an vga cable. At least they included one cheapish dvi but why vga? ._.

Cheap usb keyboard that has no macros or anything else special and included a quick installationquide. Really? Do they want me to feel stupid?

Stickers. All products so far. Ofc 10 sticker ads 0,01 ghz to it /sarcasm *cough* rice

Driver CD's Ok, for wifi or networking stuff this is requiered. But come on, I can't think of an single household what don't has internet today to download them.

PSU Floppy output. Who gonna use this nowadays? Maybe some soundcards but adapter would be better.

I have to say I like SOME stickers styling, mainly that of AMD, it is my kind of "BUILD FINISHED" badge

I have to say I like SOME stickers styling, mainly that of AMD, it is my kind of "BUILD FINISHED" badge

Sure if you add 1 or 2 stickers to a case that looks nice but I'm not certain with those stickerbombed people. What I meant is when you buy like 6 to 7 parts you end up haveing a bunch of them. Sure it's not an issue but it already sucks to move all this packageing plastics, boxes and whatnot down to the trashbin. Living on the 10th floor with no elevator at all.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

Well they always seem to ship with padding and stuff and in a box, thats not really needed #kappa

But in seriousness monitor drivers, monitors don't need drivers unless you are using a dual input 4k monitor but that thats still software

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Sure if you add 1 or 2 stickers to a case that looks nice but I'm not certain with those stickerbombed people. What I meant is when you buy like 6 to 7 parts you end up haveing a bunch of them. Sure it's not an issue but it already sucks to move all this packageing plastics, boxes and whatnot down to the trashbin. Living on the 10th floor with no elevator at all.

*look at my sticker covered case... shakes head* yeah, I see your point

VGA I can understand since most laptop used in business still have only HDMI or VGA port. Sometimes only Display port instead HDMI. But S-VIDEO cable. I mean I've never used it in any situation and still I've got 3 of them. Or modem/phoneline plug. Got few of those also. And then there's analog video cables... Well, if I'd have older gen TV maybe.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

To be fair with the VGA cables there's always going to be that one guy who can only use VGA. Probably because they haven't upgraded their monitor/computer since 2001. If they don't include it then odds are then it'll be returned by those people. We know those people and being techies we've probably been there ourselves when we were first getting into tech. So it make sense as long as they also include the "correct" cables.

-snip-

Hey... I bought my monitor in Q4 2013 (Samsung S19C150 1366x768 18.5") and I can tell you that they still manufacture VGA only monitors... VGA monitors are the only ones that are common enough and cheap enough to consider... Everything else is way too overpriced...

Hey... I bought my monitor in Q4 2013 (Samsung S19C150 1366x768 18.5") and I can tell you that they still manufacture VGA only monitors... VGA monitors are the only ones that are common enough and cheap enough to consider... Everything else is way too overpriced...

I bought my 23" IPS for a 160 bucks and it is DVI

Well I've also been fairly cheap with monitors but the last monitor I got that was VGA only was a CRT I brought in 2004. I replaced it with a 22" LCD monitor in 2008 for $250AU which I still use, it has DVI. Then Samsung had a promotion where they gave me a free monitor with a laptop in 2009. That also had DVI. The absolute cheapest monitor they sell at one of the PC shops I like is a 22" 1080p monitor for $130AU it also has DVI. Infact the only monitor I can find that's cheaper than that which lacks DVI is a 20" monitor made by a AOC for $115. You basically have to search for a monitor that doesn't have DVI and you'll only be saving 10s of $.

Do yourself a favor, make space for a new monitor in your next build or at least when your current one dies spend the extra $15 for one that has DVI.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I bought my 23" IPS for a 160 bucks and it is DVI

Well I've also been fairly cheap with monitors but the last monitor I got that was VGA only was a CRT I brought in 2004. I replaced it with a 22" LCD monitor in 2008 for $250AU which I still use, it has DVI. Then Samsung had a promotion where they gave me a free monitor with a laptop in 2009. That also had DVI. The absolute cheapest monitor they sell at one of the PC shops I like is a 22" 1080p monitor for $130AU it also has DVI. Infact the only monitor I can find that's cheaper than that which lacks DVI is a 20" monitor made by a AOC for $115. You basically have to search for a monitor that doesn't have DVI and you'll only be saving 10s of $.

Do yourself a favor, make space for a new monitor in your next build or at least when your current one dies spend the extra $15 for one that has DVI.

I forgot to state that the normal budget for a monitor where I live is around USD80... I'm in the Philippines and tech tends to trickle down to us with DVI monitors only becoming available in the more mainstream shops (other shops also stock up on these way later) in late 2012 and even then, they're hard to find... The cheapest stuff that use HDMI would be the crap led tvs that sell like pancakes here...

EDIT:

To put costs in perspective: 1USD = ~50PhP with average individual monthly income at around 18000 PhP.... and I'm unemployed...

WTF my monitor came with a monitor cable... why?

(yes that was sarcasm)

But in seriousness monitor drivers, monitors don't need drivers unless you are using a dual input 4k monitor but that thats still software

My monitor came with desktop software, so I can change all the settings without using the shitty on screen menu!!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I forgot to state that the normal budget for a monitor where I live is around USD80... I'm in the Philippines and tech tends to trickle down to us with DVI monitors only becoming available in the more mainstream shops (other shops also stock up on these way later) in late 2012 and even then, they're hard to find... The cheapest stuff that use HDMI would be the crap led tvs that sell like pancakes here...

EDIT:

To put costs in perspective: 1USD = ~50PhP with average individual monthly income at around 18000 PhP.... and I'm unemployed...

I would say nearer to 45php per dollar.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I would say nearer to 45php per dollar.

It was easier to compute from 50PhP per dollar... But still...

• 2 weeks later...

Don't kill me but I have 2 VGA monitors.

Admittedly, I don't really like them but they were free, and I'd rather have a 1280x1024 monitor on either side of my 1080p monitor than no monitors on either side.

I hate not having multiple monitors, even if the extra monitors suck.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

I got one of those 'How to use' disks with my VGA splitter for my CRT monitors. Like, seriously?

The Viewsonic VA2213w which I got in 2010 probably is VGA-only. Not sure if this model is still in production but at least I'm not the only VGA user around here.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Well they always seem to ship with padding and stuff and in a box, thats not really needed #kappa

1440p monitors need them too sometimes.