Lian-Li PC-V700B

MattP123

On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, how good is the V700B? I was looking at a PC-A51B, but I just realized that it is quite wide and I don't like that, so I found the V700B.

Thanks!

Have never been a fan of lian li's cable management.  Otherwise the cases are slick as hell.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I give it a 7.

Here is a review from Hexus: http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/chassis/42221-lian-li-pc-v700/?page=4

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I'd give it a 6 (based on looks)

The A51B is a god tier case though

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Do you think I could SLI in it? 

It's pretty unlikely.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

The A51B is like 2-3 CM wider, it's not a wide case at all, even the regular corsair cases have that same width., you will barely notice it.

Regarding the V700b, I give it a 6

While it has quality screaming all over the place (it's a big aluminum chunk), it's not perfect.

Cable management is not that great, routing holes are there but the space... not so much.

The GPU doesn't get direct airflow, they should have included a fan intake on the bottom, only 1 fan makes proper intake and it's blocked by the hard drive cages. I'm not a fan of the hot swap-like hard drive PCB either.

The A51B is like 2-3 CM wider, it's not a wide case at all, even the regular corsair cases have that same width., you will barely notice it.

Regarding the V700b, I give it a 6

While it has quality screaming all over the place (it's a big aluminum chunk), it's not perfect.

Cable management is not that great, routing holes are there but the space... not so much.

The GPU doesn't get direct airflow, they should have included a fan intake on the bottom, only 1 fan makes proper intake and it's blocked by the hard drive cages. I'm not a fan of the hot swap-like hard drive PCB either.

Will I be able to SLI in the A51B? 

Will I be able to SLI in the A51B? 

Lian Li cases go all for the professional look, with sleek designs and very high quality materials and construction. These models which are nice and compact are not really made for a balls to the walls gaming PC.

There are other Lian Li cases that offer better airflow capabilities.

Can you SLI on this case? Probably yes, putting a couple of fans on the top (negative pressure) will keep the system internal temperature at decent levels.

Do I recommend SLI on this case? Not really, being able to OC your GPUs and never have to check if there are getting too hot or too loud is what I aim for.

Something like the PC-7H should be more suitable.

Lian Li cases go all for the professional look, with sleek designs and very high quality materials and construction. These models which are nice and compact are not really made for a balls to the walls gaming PC.

There are other Lian Li cases that offer better airflow capabilities.

Can you SLI on this case? Probably yes, putting a couple of fans on the top (negative pressure) will keep the system internal temperature at decent levels.

Do I recommend SLI on this case? Not really, being able to OC your GPUs and never have to check if there are getting too hot or too loud is what I aim for.

Something like the PC-7H should be more suitable.

I'm probably not going to OC the GPU's if I do end up getting a second one. 

I'm probably not going to OC the GPU's if I do end up getting a second one. 

Personally I think you should get the A51B, it has a fan intake on the bottom, which will make a difference for the GPU, even if it's only one. The hard drive cages look a lot better and less restrictive and overall it has more holes and ventilation.

You mentioned you are not that much into it, because it's wider. Less than 3 cm won't make a difference.

Personally I think you should get the A51B, it has a fan intake on the bottom, which will make a difference for the GPU, even if it's only one. The hard drive cages look a lot better and less restrictive and overall it has more holes and ventilation.

You mentioned you are not that much into it, because it's wider. Less than 3 cm won't make a difference.

So this... which fan should I get, and I should be able to run SLI in the future if I want to?

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($144.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($139.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($439.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Lian-Li PC-A51B ATX Mini Tower Case  ($156.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($18.00) 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($23.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Logitech G710+  ($70.00)
Other: Corsair MM200 Standard Size  ($17.00)
Other: 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive  ($5.00)
Total: $1656.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-23 23:38 EDT-0400

So this... which fan should I get, and I should be able to run SLI in the future if I want to?

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($144.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($139.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($439.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Lian-Li PC-A51B ATX Mini Tower Case  ($156.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($18.00) 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($23.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Logitech G710+  ($70.00)
Other: Corsair MM200 Standard Size  ($17.00)
Other: 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive  ($5.00)
Total: $1656.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-23 23:38 EDT-0400

Pretty much any fan, it's not really restricted.

I'd change the PSU to the G2 as stated properly. Any particular reason you are dead set on the RM?

Pretty much any fan, it's not really restricted.

I'd change the PSU to the G2 as stated properly. Any particular reason you are dead set on the RM?

Looks like I'm going to have to go with this http://pcpartpicker.com/part/silverstone-power-supply-st85fgs the RM850 or the G2 fit in that case. It is a little more expensive, but I think I can squeeze it into my budget.  

Looks like I'm going to have to go with this http://pcpartpicker.com/part/silverstone-power-supply-st85fgs the RM850 or the G2 fit in that case. It is a little more expensive, but I think I can squeeze it into my budget.  

You are right, if you want to have 2 gpus on the future you need something that fits properly, Silverstone makes good units, you should be fine with it

You are right, if you want to have 2 gpus on the future you need something that fits properly, Silverstone makes good units, you should be fine with it

Thanks for the help!