Corsair RM Series

MattP123

On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being lowest and 10 being the highest, how good overall is the RM series from Corsair? 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Ill give the series a 7.5 due to the caps being (supposedly) lackluster.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I give it 7.5

It doesn't have top notch components, its built solid but there are many higher quality PSUs out there.

It has features that do not belong to Corsair RMs, like the 50% load fan (0 rpm mode) and silent optimized components, that are on the PSU market a long time ago.

On some places you find it at good prices, but it's still a tad expensive IMO.

Get a EVGA Supernova G2

Ill give the series a 7.5 due to the caps being (supposedly) lackluster.

Or would you get this instead? http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr @ForsakenLive <-- You posted as soon as I quoted. @Sharif @niofalpha

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Get that, it is an extremely good PSU. jonnyGURU gave it a 9.9.

Linksy: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=377

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Or would you get this instead? http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr @ForsakenLive <-- You posted as soon as I quoted. @Sharif @niofalpha

they both are great PSUs 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Get that, it is an extremely good PSU. jonnyGURU gave it a 9.9.

Linksy: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=377

Can't say anything bad about the G2, it's well priced, very high quality (gotta love SuperFlower), and even has nice cables.

they both are great PSUs 

So I should go with the G2? 

8.5. After using a Thermaltake TR2 and a CX430, I love the RM series. It does well in storms and is very quiet.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

So I should go with the G2? 

With a 9.9 from jonnyGURU it is a definate yes.

On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being lowest and 10 being the highest, how good overall is the RM series from Corsair? 

I'd go with the G2 just because it's such a good deal. Great looking PSU and cables, with all Jap caps, 10 year warranty and 80+ Gold at that price! However, the RM series doesn't deserve all the bad things people say about it. It's a good PSU and just because it's not all Japanese caps doesn't mean it'll instantly crap out on you. Any PSU has the chance of having coil whine or being DOA, you just have to be unlucky. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I'd go with the G2 just because it's such a good deal. Great looking PSU and cables, with all Jap caps, 10 year warranty and 80+ Gold at that price! However, the RM series doesn't deserve all the bad things people say about it. It's a good PSU and just because it's not all Japanese caps doesn't mean it'll instantly crap out on you. Any PSU has the chance of having coil whine or being DOA, you just have to be unlucky. 

The thing is though, the RM is overpriced. If it was a lot cheaper than the G2 then it might be a good choice. The fact that the components and build quality are not as good, just makes it a no brainer to choose the G2.