CPU keychain

Jodomcfrodo
Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

Would I need any special drill bits? 

It had mobile graphics so I wouldn't be surprised if you're right.

follow the step in here

http://www.ehow.com/how_4425956_drill-fiberglass.html

Hey LTT,

So I took apart my 2008 IMac (broken) and want to make a CPU keychain. This CPU seems to be from intel in 2006. I believe it is a core 2 duo (something something duo). Is this safe to drill through? Is there any issues with drilling through this?

Thanks!

Phone Quality (sorry):

AVWJnyS.jpg?1

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Everyone else is using older CPUs as well. I'd assume you'd be fine. Would still wait for a more definitive answer from someone else.

that looks like a mobile Core 2 Duo

you can make a hole on the corner of the chip

it made of fiberglass just be careful when drilling the hole and not too close to the edge

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

that looks like a mobile Core 2 Duo

you can make a hole on the corner of the chip

it made of fiberglass just be careful when drilling the hole and not too close to the edge

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

follow the step in here

http://www.ehow.com/how_4425956_drill-fiberglass.html

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.