build feedback

Guest Tanst1395
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

im going with the 105 still 

I like your choice. I hate ugly bulky heatsinks too.

Looks okay, you could just go for the 4930K instead and you won't notice much of a performance drop from the 4960X.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Get a 7200RPM HDD, a 4930K and a Swiftech H220 instead 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Don't get a K1ngP1n on Air. Not worth it.

You don't need 32GB of Ram.

The H105 isn't as good as the NHD15.

7200 RPM HDD.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

The H105 isn't as good as the NHD15.

Hmmmmmmmmm I wonder who told you that......

post-4438-0-47211300-1406167469_thumb.pn

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hmmmmmmmmm I wonder who told you that......

attachicon.giftemps.png

So you want a loud cooler that performs 1.33C better than an extremely quiet one?

I meant overall, not just performance.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

So you want a loud cooler that performs 1.33C better than an extremely quiet one?

I meant overall, not just performance.

Some people don't mind having a cooler that is a couple dba louder but you can overclock more on, looks better, and is easier to install. Everyone has their preference, but performance wise what you said is not true.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Some people don't mind having a cooler that is a couple dba louder but you can overclock more on, looks better, and is easier to install. Everyone has their preference, but performance wise what you said is not true.

What did I say about performance? Did i say performance? No I said better which implies overall. I don't know where you're getting that I said it was in terms of performance. 

If you're overclocking to a point where 1.3c is making a difference, then sure. The gap does widen as the temps get higher but who really overclocks that hard?

Looks better. Ok fine, still doesn't out weigh the cons to me.

Easier to intall? One time thing. Just follow the instructions. To me at least, that is not a big deal. 

My H100i was so loud that I went and spent nearly $1000 on a custom loop. That is how annoying the damn pump is. Maybe that is why I would prefer the NHD15.

What did I say about performance? Did i say performance? No I said better which implies overall. I don't know where you're getting that I said it was in terms of performance. 

If you're overclocking to a point where 1.3c is making a difference, then sure. The gap does widen as the temps get higher but who really overclocks that hard?

Looks better. Ok fine, still doesn't out weigh the cons to me.

Easier to intall? One time thing. Just follow the instructions. To me at least, that is not a big deal. 

My H100i was so loud that I went and spent nearly $1000 on a custom loop. That is how annoying the damn pump is. Maybe that is why I would prefer the NHD15.

Personal opinion is not a factor in 'performance'.

Also the reason your H100i was loud was probably because you didn't bleed the air properly. Many people don't do this and then claim it is too loud.

Spoiler

Personal opinion is not a factor in 'performance'.

Also the reason your H100i was loud was probably because you didn't bleed the air properly. Many people don't do this and then claim it is too loud.

FFS I never said anything about performance (the 3rd time I've said this). I simply said that it is a better cooler overall. A cooler isn't just judged on performance but rather a number of factors.

Bleed the air from a H100i? It is a closed loop water cooler. You aren't supposed to have to do anything. You can't even bleed air as there is no excess coolant provided with the kit.

FFS I never said anything about performance (the 3rd time I've said this). I simply said that it is a better cooler overall. A cooler isn't just judged on performance but rather a number of factors.

Bleed the air from a H100i? It is a closed loop water cooler. You aren't supposed to have to do anything. You can't even bleed air as there is no excess coolant provided with the kit.

Well the OP didn't mention anything about preferred noise levels so it is safe to assume he is looking for best performance from his parts...

Also the way you install an AiO will affect how the liquid circulates through the loop. No AiO is perfectly filled 100%, there are always microbubbles in the fluid which has been sitting still for months before you buy it in a store. It is recommended to run them from a couple days to a week in a position in which the radiator res is at the top. This will allow the microbubbles to collect in one spot rather than flow throughout the loop constantly and create noise as they pass the pump.

This is not an issue with custom loop resevoirs as they do this on their own, since they are larger and more vertical, this gives bubbles the chance to leave the fluid.

Spoiler

Well the OP didn't mention anything about preferred noise levels so it is safe to assume he is looking for best performance from his parts...

Also the way you install an AiO will affect how the liquid circulates through the loop. No AiO is perfectly filled 100%, there are always microbubbles in the fluid which has been sitting still for months before you buy it in a store. It is recommended to run them from a couple days to a week in a position in which the radiator res is at the top. This will allow the microbubbles to collect in one spot rather than flow throughout the loop constantly and create noise as they pass the pump.

This is not an issue with custom loop resevoirs as they do this on their own, since they are larger and more vertical, this gives bubbles the chance to leave the fluid.

At first I had the cooler at the front of my air 540 with the Res at the top. I later moved it to the top of my case. So without knowing it, I did bleed it. 

Secondly, It is not safe to say he wants the best performance. You can say that with the CPU, GPU ETC.. but with the cooler, you should give him the best one possible. The best one as in not performance but as in overall. (Don't make me repeat myself 3 times again please). You want an overall good build with high performing CPU and GPU. 

Let me put it this way, if there was a cooler that had fans that ran at 6000 RPM and were extremely loud, but performed better than anything, would you recommend that?

Let me put it this way, if there was a cooler that had fans that ran at 6000 RPM and were extremely loud, but performed better than anything, would you recommend that?

No, I would much prefer a 0db passive cooler that makes my CPU go to 100C and throttle itself then shut down because I love having my PC turn itself off when I'm using it.

Spoiler

No, I would much prefer a 0db passive cooler that makes my CPU go to 100C and throttle itself then shut down because I love having my PC turn itself off when I'm using it.

Fair enough, but the H105 barely beats the NHD15 but it's much louder and could cause serious damage to his system if it leaked. Not that it is likely for it to leak, but it is something to think about.

NHD15> any AIO

Fair enough, but the H105 barely beats the NHD15 but it's much louder and could cause serious damage to his system if it leaked. Not that it is likely for it to leak, but it is something to think about.

NHD15> any AIO

No, I would much prefer a 0db passive cooler that makes my CPU go to 100C and throttle itself then shut down because I love having my PC turn itself off when I'm using it

1. Don't get a K1ngP1n on Air. Not worth it.

2. You don't need 32GB of Ram.

3. The H105 isn't as good as the NHD15.

4. 7200 RPM HDD.

1. reason i plan on watercooling it at some point

2. yes i do did you not see the second it has 64gb

3.meh i know aios can leak but its very rare also noctua is soooo ugly and big

4.whats the point?

Consider the Phanteks enthoo pro instead 

Looks to be a much better case in all regards 

Unless you like red then Red corsair Led fans?

Or the Phanteks enthoo Lux?

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

1. reason i plan on watercooling it at some point

2. yes i do did you not see the second it has 64gb

3.meh i know aios can leak but its very rare also noctua is soooo ugly and big

4.whats the point?

When you use 32GB of ram, let me know, K.

7200 RPM's are faster AFAIK

Spoiler

i wont say noctuas bad but i will say that i really hate the looks of their products im going with green for one build and red for the other and there is no room for big ugly TAN monstrosities 

i wont say noctuas bad but i will say that i really hate the looks of their products im going with green for one build and red for the other and there is no room for big ugly TAN monstrosities 

Yeah. At least you can replace the fans....but you can't replace that huge chrome heatsink!

Spoiler