Alternative to Dell U2414H?

Midnight Robot

Hey guys,

I recently found out about an issue where Nvidia cards force an HDTV limited RGB colour space onto 1080p monitors that are running from Display port or HDMI, and I definitely don't want that so I'm wondering what other monitor might be a good alternative to the U2414H? I know there's a registry hack to force the HDMI to full RGB but can't that hack mess up something else? I looked through a lot of forums on Dells site and have seen a lot of issues with the sleep/wake functions, the daisy chain function and the wrong colours being shown so now I'm looking for something that has DP, HDMI, and DVI so I can switch back to DP/HDMI once Nvidia puts out the RGB toggle in their program. Not sure if there may be another solution I'm missing either, so let me know what you think.

Have a look at the Dell P2414H.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_p2414h.htm

It doesn't have thin border thought.

Apparently, the problem is fixed within the Nvidia (or AMD) control panel. No registry tricks.

http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3529/nvidiamessup.jpg

nvidiamessup.jpg

I don't have the monitor to confirm (beside my GPU is old, it's a GTX 260, so it won't have the problem), but it is something you can look into

The P2414H is a similar version without the thin bezels or daisy chaining.  It doesn't have the same limited RGB issue either.  That being said I was under the impression you just had to go into the graphics software suite and change the setting to full RGB (PC) mode instead of limited TV mode.

The daisy chain issue seems to be somewhat specific to that model of monitor, so I sent them back. The RGB issue can be fixed with ADM cards by toggling their global setting, but it only works for videos with Nvidia's current settings. I'm just looking for a good alternative now that has HDMI, DP and DVI so I can switch depending on what is working best. Thanks for the suggestions :)