NCIX: http://bit.ly/WEw4MN

Amazon: http://geni.us/3Hwf

Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992014&cm_re=nzxt_grid%2b-_-11-992-014-_-Product - I think they're the only ones with an active link at the time of publishing this

Our review of the Grid+ fan controller from NZXT is here. The original Grid was functional, but it lacked some key features - does the Grid+ provide them?

I never knew what if was for

Also, this is the first time im first!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Would this work in the H440 or am I stuck with the 8 pin fan "hub"?

There is no reason it would not work

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

@LinusTech Some reasons for controlling your fans on your smartphone would be if you were out of the house and leaving the PC/s folding or mining. The ability to control your fans or even turn off your PC/s would be very helpful if the CAM software reports something going wrong, like a fan or multiple fans failing or temperatures unexpectedly increasing.

Lol that's exactly what going to use it for. I'm doing custom water cooing so this is a God send.

@LinusTech Some reasons for controlling your fans on your smartphone would be if you were out of the house and leaving the PC/s folding or mining. The ability to control your fans or even turn off your PC/s would be very helpful if the CAM software reports something going wrong, like a fan or multiple fans failing or temperatures unexpectedly increasing.

Humor him. Like he said he has a tiny brain. :)

Thank you @nicklmg for posting a newegg link. Being a newegg customer its nice just clicking on the link. :)

NEEDS more than 6 ports. Watercoolers like me who use tons of rads have 10+ fans a lot of times. Other than that I would love to throw my old GRID away and get this one, but I don't know if you can run 2 in the same system.. @LinusTech consider that next time you do a fan controller? Looks like I'll wait for the new corsair link to come out. 

The original NZXT Grid actually came with a 3 Pin to 3 Pin Cable you could connect directly to the motherboard as long as the fans you're using are low power so they all run okay in response to Linus' opening statment. I've got 3 fans that're 0.2 Amps each hooked up that way but I get that not everyone will use low power fans and the lack of 4 pin PWM is annoying.

so can you use speedfan with this thing? i want my fans to depend on more than just my cpu

also the newegg link has 2 of these hidden  - _ -

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

Thank you @nicklmg for posting a newegg link. Being a newegg customer its nice just clicking on the link. :)

That was actually a sneaky Linus edit :3 kinda necessary with the lack of availability on both NCIX and Amazon :S...

man, I REALLY wanted to like this product (using 3 grids right now with 5.25 controller)...but they really didn't put any thought into it imo

the biggest fail is using an internal USB vs only 6 headers

what if I only have one internal header left on the motherboard? only 6 fans? so what about those needing more? why not make a larger version?

let's say the standard case these days has 2 120 front and 2 top and 1 rear. that's already 5. then a radiator (so popular with AiO) with push/pull? welp, hope you have another USB header that isn't already taken by front-IO. and then you're running multiple instances of this hub? (if it's even supported in the software)

6 is stupidly small. make it bigger. use more molex to drive more. this is an internally mounted hub - who cares if it ends up a little bigger because of it. the whole point is to control all your fans from an internal solution

very disappointed

I would of liked to see how this fits in a case. Does it go loose inside or do the wires trail out of the back?

Can anyone tell me if this thing can be used to turn fans all the way OFF? I was going to make a switch to turn all my fans off, but if this thing can do that for me that would be much easier.

man, I REALLY wanted to like this product (using 3 grids right now with 5.25 controller)...but they really didn't put any thought into it imo

what if I only have one internal header left on the motherboard? only 6 fans? so what about those needing more? why not make a larger version?

let's say the standard case these days has 2 120 front and 2 top and 1 rear. that's already 5. then a radiator (so popular with AiO) with push/pull? welp, hope you have another USB header that isn't already taken by front-IO. and then you're running multiple instances of this hub? (if it's even supported in the software)

6 is stupidly small. make it bigger. use more molex to drive more. this is an internally mounted hub - who cares if it ends up a little bigger because of it. the whole point is to control all your fans from an internal solution

very disappointed

They also sell an IUO1 an internal usb expansion hub, im currently using it since I only have 1 internal header on my motherboard and it works perfect. NZXT also confirmed multiple GRID's will work through the software. http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/99-iu01-usb-expansion-case-accessory

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

NEEDS more than 6 ports. Watercoolers like me who use tons of rads have 10+ fans a lot of times. Other than that I would love to throw my old GRID away and get this one, but I don't know if you can run 2 in the same system.. @LinusTech consider that next time you do a fan controller? Looks like I'll wait for the new corsair link to come out. 

could always just have a couple of these in your system

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

When I tried the CAM software it was buggy as hell, crashing all the time, and the UI just doesn't show stuff in a compact way.

Have anyone tried the Grid+ with speedfan? 

Anyone know if it will ramp up the fans to 100% at the start before the software is launched or can it control the fans during computer startup?

Would be interested to know if these can turn the fans all the way off and whether it 'remembers' fan settings or you have to have a process running.

you can control the speed of each fan separately?

Thanks

The new corsair link only supports 6 fans as well

very disappointed

You could attach your grids to it and keep the software control while having support for tons of fans