Streaming [ I didint know where to post it ]

z3kron

Hey,

I wanted to stream , badly , just for myself and to hang out with people.. But i have a few questions.

1st can my pc even stream it.

Cpu- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.5ghz

GPU-ASUS 8800GT

RAM-4GB Kingston ram

I already know that i wont be streaming anything on ultra or medium ( or am i wrong?) but the games i plan to stream have 600fps and other has 130 ( FPS Configs in tf2 and csgo) but im asking if my pc can handle the fact of just streaming something.

2nd can i stream anything proper and also play the game without my own internet issues haven up to 1.2mb UP speed?

And also all OBS configs and tips on how to set it up are more than welcome

Thanks!!

Your PC will likely handle streaming on low settings for some games. However, your upload speed is very low. Most streamers have a minimum of 5mb/s upload and dedicate half of that (or more) to the stream. You MIGHT be able to squeeze a decent 480p stream out of your system. I wouldn't expect it to be pleasurably watchable, but it's worth a shot.

It's probably your connection... do a speedtest.net test and see what your upload speed... I have a 3mb/ps upload speed and I stream with a Core i3 4130 and I use to stream on my old computer too with a Core 2 Quad

INTEL CORE I3 4130 | EVGA Nvidia GTX 750 Ti | CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 | COOLERMASTER HAF 912 | ASUS H81M-C/CSM LGA 1150

Ok thanks.. buuut if i have my moms mac book pro and my parents use theyr new faster internet modem witch has an upload speed of ~5mb but becouse its a modem it becomes unstable only for my pc and it keeps loosing internet connection no matter what and it doesnt hapen on any other pc on similar loads , soo i can use my low upload internet to game and to use my moms mac book to stream , is it possible to set it up like that?

Twitch recommends having min 2mb upload to streaming.

Ok thanks.. buuut if i have my moms mac book pro and my parents use theyr new faster internet modem witch has an upload speed of ~5mb but becouse its a modem it becomes unstable only for my pc and it keeps loosing internet connection no matter what and it doesnt hapen on any other pc on similar loads , soo i can use my low upload internet to game and to use my moms mac book to stream , is it possible to set it up like that?

You need capture card if you want to use separed PCs for gaming and streaming.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Twitch recommends having min 2mb upload to streaming.

You need capture card if you want to use separed PCs for gaming and streaming.

So its 100% imposible to set it up somehow tru my gpu and etc , using 2 display outputs maby? no ? no chance?

So its 100% imposible to set it up somehow tru my gpu and etc , using 2 display outputs maby? no ? no chance?

Well, capture card is only component that will have display input in computer. You need that in order to use second computer as receiving part of gameplay.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Newer Nvidia cards support hardware encoding but its only the 600 series and up I think and only on GTX cards.

Hey,

I wanted to stream , badly , just for myself and to hang out with people.. But i have a few questions.

1st can my pc even stream it.

Cpu- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.5ghz

GPU-ASUS 8800GT

RAM-4GB Kingston ram

I already know that i wont be streaming anything on ultra or medium ( or am i wrong?) but the games i plan to stream have 600fps and other has 130 ( FPS Configs in tf2 and csgo) but im asking if my pc can handle the fact of just streaming something.

2nd can i stream anything proper and also play the game without my own internet issues haven up to 1.2mb UP speed?

And also all OBS configs and tips on how to set it up are more than welcome

Thanks!!

No you won't be able to stream your games, this is because of your upload speed and CPU. Let's be honest, a stream using a bitrate of 1200kbit is not fun to watch at all, you'll be downscaling resolution, streaming at 30 fps and lower.

Besides that, why would you play games at 600fps or 130 fps (Unless you have a 144Hz monitor) and I don't think your GPU gets 600fps in current games

Nope it doesnt... But who said that i will stream new games? I play tf2 and csgo competitively and they have very high frames on my pc ( 190 csgo and 580+ TF2) and i said that i run them on such high frames that you guys would understand that although runing a bad system for streaming i still have some space and my hardware-wize it will be able to handle the stream ( when i stream csgo or tf2)... Ok now can someone recomend proper settings for a stream on my low upl rate?

I really would not recommend streaming with that setup, but if you want to try, then here's some settings to try:

Encoding: x264

Bitrare: 1000kb/s

Use CBR

Audio: AAC@64kb/s bitrate

Video: 640x360@25fps, no filter

Advanced: default settings, or x264 CPU Preset to superfast

It won't be pretty, and might not even work. You could also try 852x480 / 960x540 @30fps video settings if you're feeling adventurous.

Also, having high FPS in games doesn't necessarily mean you have the horse power to stream. Streaming requires CPU power (unless using GPU specific encoder which you can not use) and the games you play are mostly powered by the GPU.