Steam Music desktop interface enters Beta.

Rafy

I sure will use it on the desktop. Being able to play music easily while in game is a great feature IMO. I won't have to ALT+TAB out of games to play/pause music. I am quite looking forward to this  :P

That could be interesting.

i'm a potato

Does it do FLAC yet?

I used it in the closed beta while it was still big picture only and it would not play FLAC files. :(

Nope. Not even MP4a files which iTunes seems to prefer.

I uninstalled iTunes in favour of this though.

Only problems I've noticed so far are lack of format support and support for skins.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

Yes, ground breaking feature that gets everyone excited, even though nothing stopped you before from playing your music in the background and use your keyboard media keys in game to control the music player.

And the cool thing with the above setup, instead of steam, is that your music plays when you close your game and Steam. Amazing, I know.

Plus, as you get to use your own music player software, you can use your favorite music subscription service, such as Spotify, or XBox Music, among the many others, not to mention the music format you care about.

Im too lazy to tab out so this is great

just use the built in steam web browser and use youtube :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Im already paying for potify Premium and i have media keys so i can switch between songs easily. Also Steam Music is missing a lot of features before it can become a solid music player 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz