trying to develop website that has strips

KraZz3D
Go to solution Solved by LukeTim,

would there be a theme to use or would i be able to create it easily enough with wordpess??

It would be a theme. Wouldn't recommend trying to create your own Wordpress theme... I understand that Wordpress is a bit of a mess and hard to get the hang of.

Hi 

I'm just looking for some guidance with building my own website 

I'm using Dreamweaver HTML and want to make a website like the Microsoft website and also this guys website http://brianwilkins.net/

only problem is I'm having trouble making it, I basically am only starting although have done a bit of website building

the problem I am having at the moment is I can't get it to cover the whole page, I still get a sort of invisible border or margin and can really see it with my image, I want the image to acquire the width of the screen 

If someone could help me with this or point me in the direction to a tutorial online somewhere it would great :-D

dont use Dreamweaver the CSS integration is horrific learn PHP, HTML, CSS and you will be fine :P

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

It's called Parallax Scrolling, your best bet is to google parallax web design tutorial and go through some of the results and pick one that is geared to your level of understanding.

You could reproduce that BrianWilkins.net website in a couple minutes though as it is just a Wordpress site with a theme. This theme specifically: http://themeforest.net/item/henix-responsive-portfolio-blog-wordpress-theme/6885141

It's called Parallax Scrolling, your best bet is to google parallax web design tutorial and go through some of the results and pick one that is geared to your level of understanding.

You could reproduce that BrianWilkins.net website in a couple minutes though as it is just a Wordpress site with a theme. This theme specifically: http://themeforest.net/item/henix-responsive-portfolio-blog-wordpress-theme/6885141

ohh thanks a lot :-) lol will save a lot of time

That isn't parallax

does anyone know where i could learn to make a website like that Brian Wilkins one? I don't want to pay $40 for it and would be more beneficial to build it myself

does anyone know where i could learn to make a website like that Brian Wilkins one? I don't want to pay $40 for it and would be more beneficial to build it myself

You can replicate it for free with wordpress, which doesn't cost a dime.

You can replicate it for free with wordpress, which doesn't cost a dime.

would there be a theme to use or would i be able to create it easily enough with wordpess??

That isn't parallax

I didn't notice it wasn't single page (usual parallax design)... but the swirls at the bottom still use the parallax effect. 

It would be a theme. Wouldn't recommend trying to create your own Wordpress theme... I understand that Wordpress is a bit of a mess and hard to get the hang of.

I didn't notice it wasn't single page (usual parallax design)... but the swirls at the bottom still use the parallax effect. 

had a look on wordpress and couldn't find a template that was sort of the same, but decided to just have ago at it and it's doing pretty well at the minute.

it's nearly the same as the template still a lot to do but atm just making sure everything scales down and sits in the right place.

link to see how my website is going so far :-)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=83AE3E6601CEA6E0!781&authkey=!AN-92JqT3C1pz4U&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG