Beyerdynamic DT880 alternatives?

Valhallatier

Hello

a while ago, a auditioned a pair of DT880 pro 250 ohm. REALLY like the sound, mids are lifeless but not recessed, highs are crispy, bass has no bloat whatsoever. it feels 'fast'...
but with major issues, my ears doesn't really work with the pads, its like touching something, and yes i have a big head, i must adjust the headband to max.
and soundstage, sounds from behind feels like they're in my head, never happened to any of my closed headphones ... oh yeah and coiled cable, i hate those, but i can live with it.

so are there alternatives?, im not a huge fan of bass, but i want ACCURATE mids, and maybe a sparkle of treble, since i listen to energetic music. i definitely want open back.

i think AKG K601 will do the trick? although all AKG products here in my country are all overprice ( AKG K70* lineup is 30-50% more than the beyers).

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

budget?

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

AKG Q701 might be a good alternative, as they are a slightly cheaper version of the K701 without all the premium packaging and haedphone stand, but other than that basically the same pair of headphones.

A friend of mine has them and I brought my K701's over to his house once and we both couldnt tell the difference with them both powered by an o2 at the same time.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

budget?

i dont really have a budget, i can go up if i have to, but dont tell me to buy a sennheiser HD800...

AKG Q701 might be a good alternative, as they are a slightly cheaper version of the K701 without all the premium packaging and haedphone stand, but other than that basically the same pair of headphones.

A friend of mine has them and I brought my K701's over to his house once and we both couldnt tell the difference with them both powered by an o2 at the same time.

im not buying from amazon,

all AKG's are overpriced here, i dont really think its cheaper..

Was going to say AKG something. K612?

the K612 has more bass than K601, i dont really like bass.

i've read reviews that they're only different in the bass section. so i don't think its a consideration :unsure:

the K612 has more bass than K601, i dont really like bass.

i've read reviews that they're only different in the bass section. so i don't think its a consideration :unsure:

They're hardly bassy.

guys im gonna try some AKG's later in a local headphone store.

gonna report soon...

Maybe the DT880 Premiums? They have a straight cable and looser clamping force, which might fix your issue.

If you liked the 880 Pro's sound, the 880 Premiums use the same drivers but the lighter clamping force adds to the sounds stage and slightly reduces bass.

I think In that price range your Beyers were the best you can actually have. I hate to suggest you other haedphones, studio/hifi grade, that I have never used, like most here do, but my father uses the shure SRH 1840 in his own studio and is quite happy with them.

I use the Focal spirit pros for producing and I will never buy anything else until they brake, but they are closed phones:/

If the shures are to expensive, which they truly are imo, I would go for the akg q701 quincys, shure SRH 1440 or sennheiser hd650 - the shures are not hifi thou and all 3 of them I have no personal reference to them, it is just what I would get if I was you with your preferences.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

I think In that price range your Beyers were the best you can actually have. I hate to suggest you other haedphones, studio/hifi grade, that I have never used, like most here do, but my father uses the shure SRH 1840 in his own studio and is quite happy with them.

I use the Focal spirit pros for producing and I will never buy anything else until they brake, but they are closed phones:/

If the shures are to expensive, which they truly are imo, I would go for the akg q701 quincys, shure SRH 1440 or sennheiser hd650 - the shures are not hifi thou and all 3 of them I have no personal reference to them, it is just what I would get if I was you with your preferences.

༼ᕗຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ pc 350 ༼ᕗຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

༼ᕗຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ trolls ༼ᕗຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ they see me rollin ༼ᕗຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ they haaatin' ༼ᕗຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

wait what

It only works for studio use, tryi g to ise it for gfaming may cause spontaneous combustion

wait what

the rednecks were close, it is a phone for studio usage. what you will end up using it is your decision but when its just gaming you could also get a cheaper one imo.

the rednecks were close, it is a phone for studio usage. what you will end up using it is your decision but when its just gaming you could also get a cheaper one imo.

I was just so baffled over the whole "not hifi" thing. It honestly doesn't matter. I myself prefer a flat headphone response, like the Shure's, which is why I use my SRH440's for pretty much everything, BUT I have my Pioneer SE-A1000 for use when I'm gaming, because it has a much better soundstage, and I can hear myself so I don't start yelling on skype with my friends. Although I will use the Shure's if I'm not on Skype or not in need of a better soundstage.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I was just so baffled over the whole "not hifi" thing. It honestly doesn't matter. I myself prefer a flat headphone response, like the Shure's, which is why I use my SRH440's for pretty much everything, BUT I have my Pioneer SE-A1000 for use when I'm gaming, because it has a much better soundstage, and I can hear myself so I don't start yelling on skype with my friends. Although I will use the Shure's if I'm not on Skype or not in need of a better soundstage.

LolI went through like 3 headphones trying to fix that issue. 

Yap, there are pros and cons to every phone out there. I mean basically every headphone from your fav. brands are HiFi :D But nevertheless there are some headphones like those Shures that are meant to be used, or "ready to be used" in a studio and that is why I prefer to call them studio headphones and not hifi headphones, like basically everyone who works/plays arround in a studio.

"I myself prefer a flat headphone response, like the Shure's, which is why I use my SRH440's for pretty much everything", yea when that fits your preferences and you are fine with the price then why not:) I guess the Gaming topic was a little missleading here since the rednecks brought it from their troll-cave from another thread but thats okay:D

snip

It's just that the term hifi is high fidelity, which I actually don't even particularly like myself, and if you then look at it from a non-subjective standpoint, these "studio" cans will be the highest fidelity due to their "correct" sound, flat / neutral, it will sound true. But you can go on saying hifi and studio for all I care.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

It's just that the term hifi is high fidelity, which I actually don't even particularly like myself, and if you then look at it from a non-subjective standpoint, these "studio" cans will be the highest fidelity due to their "correct" sound, flat / neutral, it will sound true. But you can go on saying hifi and studio for all I care.

Terminology of tech is a b!tch sometimes :D and I totally agree on that one.

well if you can go for 400 bucks take hifiman He-400's they got all you want from headphones even that bump in the high freq's to give that zing.

also i have them and love the heck out of them.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

It only works for studio use, tryi g to ise it for gfaming may cause spontaneous combustion

I guess we're rednecks now how does it feel bro how does it feeeel

I guess we're rednecks now how does it feel bro how does it feeeel

Feels like I should fuck my sister in law now.