[Massdrop] Ducky Shine 3

PC-NOOB

Final drop price at 133.99

Comes in mx blue, red, brown with red led

and mx blue with magenta led

Beautiful Keyboard, I am picking one up myself 

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ducky-shine-3-bundle?mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Massdrop%20-%20Master&utm_campaign=Product%20Announcement%202014-07-23

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Is massdrop a legit website?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

was shopping for a mech keyboard this morning, and of course the ducky shine was on the top of the list, thought heck better check ltt hot deals, what do you know...when this t storm stops gonna grab my wallet outta my truck and order one!

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

-Winston Churchill

I checked the review and it doesn't seem this keyboard can illuminate only certain keys of the users choice (except WASD and arrows). It's either all lit up or none. Am I right ?

Spoiler

Aw man I want this, but the K70 RGB comes out in a month or two. 

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I checked the review and it doesn't seem this keyboard can illuminate only certain keys of the users choice (except WASD and arrows). It's either all lit up or none. Am I right ?

Look at Linus' review of it.

In short yes you can illuminate any key.

Linus walks through the lighting options

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Shame I just spent all my spare money on a 4690k. Enjoy, everyone who does get one though. =)

This indeed is a wonderful keyboard, I absolutely love mine to death. (Although, I like my other soon to be keyboard that I've been stalking for a while even more... http://www.diatec.co.jp/shop/kobo/woodred.php)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Is it worth it compared to the upcoming K70 RGB?

Depends on how fussed you are when it comes to having RGB LEDs. I personally know that I would probably stay with a single colour anyway, although it can be awesome if you decide to change lights in other parts of your PC and then you an easily adapt the keyboard to fit in. Then again coming from my perspective the Shine 3 is really one of the best keyboards I have tried and when it comes to being 'just a keyboard' without all of the addons such as macros yet still being very well built it really is the keyboard to go with. 

I'd rather spend the $139 to get it from a retailer like NCIX just in case something happens

its 150 not including tax/shipping from ncix

Don't forget to mention they're also including a stainless steel keycap puller and a Grifiti wrist rest! :)

It's honestly a great deal, but it's the ErgoDox that has me drooling.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Oh my science and math. I was going a few days without wanting a mechanical keyboard so can stay sane and wait for the K70 RGB, but I don't think I can do it anymore.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I'd rather spend the $139 to get it from a retailer like NCIX just in case something happens

so you're telling me this drop is only saving six bucks? Damn.

Also, why no blue LEDs ;~; I like magenta but it has almost no place in my build (unless I can find purple parts somewhere, which isn't really a possibility)

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

I see a MX brown, blue LED one for $139 and I can drive the hour to go pick it up =P

dang ncix lowered prices 

im probably just going there then :)

I love the Ducky Shine 3 :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

As an owner of both a Ducky Shine II, and a Ducky Mini.

Ducky <3

Wanting to get a Ducky YYY, and the up-coming Ducky Legend :c

Ducky are the best. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"