Acer Notebook Reviews

LinusTech

The 400 dollar and 600 dollar one would be nice to see.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I can't find a good balance with these laptops. I'd rather go with their Aspire V7 lineup. 1080p, 14", long battery life, touchscreen, and the choice between IGPU and dedicated GPU for a relatively reasonable price.

Mr. Sebastian, please do the S7-392-9439 because for some reason the Microsoft Store is doing a back-to-school bundle deal that makes the 1440p S7's cheaper than the 1080p ones and I'd love to hear your opinion on QHD 13" ultrabooks.

V14 please. 

CPU: i5 4570 - GPU: R9 270 - Motherboard: MSI Z87 G41 - Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro - PSU: EVGA 500W Bronze - RAM: Kingston FuryX 2x4 GB

I would like to see the V14 please :D  Because I feel there are so many people who want affordable laptops for colledge, and when they look for a review there isn't really any big reviewer that is known to be trusted like You are.  And the V14 series seems to have a decent balance so its not so bad its un-reasonable but its not to high end that its expensive.  

The S7 sounds really nice!

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Any of them really, I'd like to see how they are these days. I've worked on quite a few acers over the years which were just bad, things just fail on them for no apparent reason. Like the one I had the other day, one of the recent travelmate models where it booted with a random usb flash drive inserted, and just refused to boot from the hdd even with the flash removed again. And the bios had a password on. So i had to remove the hdd, start it, stop it, put the hdd back, and then it just went back to normal operation.

S7 maybe?

I am looking for a laptop that does not exist.

15 inch, very high def, touch, i7, SSD and minimum 8GB RAM.

I insist on being able to upgrade the SSD and RAM.

I do not care about being thin and light.

Top Intel graphics is OK but dedicated card a +.

We can now stream games with Steam and it works fine.

eSata SSD would be nice. Speed speed speed ;-)

It has to be priced reasonably.

Under 2,000$ would be nice.

At least 3-4 USB ports, decent video out ports, memory cards reader a+.

Doeos not need a DVD but will accept one if present :-)

Battery life is not that important but a removable one would be nice.

I want to keep that a longggg time.

Any idea someone?

maybe the dell xps 12 it has some of the things you need

E17 or S7 would be my choice

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

V3-472P-35FZ -- $599.99

Do that one.

Good price to performance ratio, and is within most budgets.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

If you can do more than one, the V11, E17, and S7 would make for good review material.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

I'd love to see a mobile workstation review/showdown between HP Elitebooks, Dell Precision, and Lenovo ThinkPad W.  On paper it seems like the Dell would be the best, but the local shops only have 1 or 2 Elitebook SKUs, and usually not the one I'd be interested in, and I can't afford to try them all.

I would like to see one of the S7 notebooks reviewed because honestly I would consider buying one as I am currently in the market for a 13" to 14" windows thin and light notebook made with high quality materials. Looking at the specs I can see I would be upgrading the wireless to AC or I would just be getting the dell XPS 13 I have been looking at.

But can they run Crysis?

Maybe a V15 series notebook for an "It doesn't suck" review like you do with other low-end products.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

review the v 11,pretty sure it will get price reduction or refresh to compete with other new 300ish usd 11 inchers and 1366x768 at 14in or 11in will display same amount of info

I almost bought the v15. I think you should do that one. :)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there's generally no consensus about these.... I think with all the stuff we have on our plate over the next few weeks I'm probably going to bail...

E17 would be my choice

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

S7 ultrabooks please, and the V-15 as well if you can.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Looks like there's generally no consensus about these.... I think with all the stuff we have on our plate over the next few weeks I'm probably going to bail...

E17, seems interesting, a budget 17" gaming laptop for the masses

will help show people that you not need to spend £150000000 on a laptop to play games

Maybe you can get some low end gaming laptops together and see if its a viable option over a mini itx desktop, so many people ask about a gaming laptop and get recommended to buy a mini ITX system

Maybe you can prove one way or the other what the best option is and give some personal input

.... not that I am giving you any video ideas ;)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii