Custom Gaming PC Build

I think you need to post a current part list and restate your goals and budget.

Too much for what? Enough to accomplish what?

To run super smoothly at super high resolutions and stay ahead of the competition

As well as multiply monitors and some other things that may be helpful later

To run super smoothly at super high resolutions and stay ahead of the competition

As well as multiply monitors and some other things that may be helpful later

4 Is too many, 3 max. Stick with two for now.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

4 Is too many, 3 max. Stick with two for now.

Oh okay thanks

Ill get an updated part list now and which os is best for gaming?

here the part list Ive come up with so far.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VrNwyc

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

2x Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card

PSU: LEPA 1375W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

Fan Controller: NZXT AC-SEN-3-B1 Sentry 3 5.4'' Touch Screen Fan Controller

This is currently around $3700 and the same budget of 4-5k will still stand

The goal for this computer is to be able to run every thing i play at ultra settings with no problems as well as a editing computer for videos and some other programs

Ill get an updated part list now and which os is best for gaming?

here the part list Ive come up with so far.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VrNwyc

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

2x Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card

PSU: LEPA 1375W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

Fan Controller: NZXT AC-SEN-3-B1 Sentry 3 5.4'' Touch Screen Fan Controller

This is currently around $3700 and the same budget of 4-5k will still stand

The goal for this computer is to be able to run every thing i play at ultra settings with no problems as well as a editing computer for videos and some other programs

I would suggest Windows 8.1 64-bit. 8 will be supported longer than 7 and there is very little reliable data to suggest one o/s version is better than another.

Looks good. Have you decided on a case?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I would suggest Windows 8.1 64-bit. 8 will be supported longer than 7 and there is very little reliable data to suggest one o/s version is better than another.

Looks good. Have you decided on a case?

maybe the case labs msa8 because it is a nice sturdy case, easy to mod, and a lot of space if i ever wanted to add stuff to it. Unless their is another case that could fit what i need

also would Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (32/64-bit) be fine for the os?

maybe the case labs msa8 because it is a nice sturdy case, easy to mod, and a lot of space if i ever wanted to add stuff to it. Unless their is another case that could fit what i need

That's the best OS you'd really be able to find for gaming, yes.

For a motherboard though, if you want an ROG motherboard, go with the Maximus VII line, not maximus VI. You might encounter problems using the Maximus VI with a haswell refresh processor.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Unless you need the features that Professional offers it won't make a difference. See http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/products-and-technologies/windows-8-1/compare/default.aspx for the differences. I don't see a point in getter a 32-bit version.

That's the best OS you'd really be able to find for gaming, yes.

For a motherboard though, if you want an ROG motherboard, go with the Maximus VII line, not maximus VI. You might encounter problems using the Maximus VI with a haswell refresh processor.

There should be no problem running on Asus Z87. All it takes is a BIOS upgrade and the BIOS can be flashed on the Extreme motherboard without memory or cpu. Also there is no Z97 Extreme version available. That said I just noticed that Asus is offering the Maximus VII Formula. If you are doing a custom cooling loop and don't mind spending the money (it actually is not that much more expensive) this might be a much better choice than the Extreme.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Unless you need the features that Professional offers it won't make a difference. See http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/products-and-technologies/windows-8-1/compare/default.aspx for the differences. I don't see a point in getter a 32-bit version.

There should be no problem running on Asus Z87. All it takes is a BIOS upgrade and the BIOS can be flashed on the Extreme motherboard without memory or cpu. Also there is no Z97 Extreme version available. That said I just noticed that Asus is offering the Maximus VII Formula. If you are doing a custom cooling loop and don't mind spending the money (it actually is not that much more expensive) this might be a much better choice than the Extreme.

I'll probably go with that.

What's the difference between the z87 and z97 chip

-snip-

A few people have had trouble with Z87 boards, but besides, there isn't really a reason to buy a Z87 board of Z97. And i second the Maximus VII formula

I'll probably go with that.

What's the difference between the z87 and z97 chip

Z87 was made for haswell processors, Z97 was made for devils canyon processors. Other than that, Z97 will support future generations of processors.

Well the processor I was looking g at was a devils canyon

Well the processor I was looking g at was a devils canyon

Then you'll want a Z97 board, such as a Maximus VII formula

Then you'll want a Z97 board, such as a Maximus VII formula

I'll go with that then

Also if I was going to get the sma8

What colof would look best on it? Could be any color even if they don't have it. Also what should I chose for each ctagory when picking mine out

I'll go with that then

Also if I was going to get the sma8

What colof would look best on it? Could be any color even if they don't have it. Also what should I chose for each ctagory when picking mine out

Just choose your options based on what you like on the pictures on the left. It's a bit tedious, but they'll tell you what each options means and what it looks like.

Just choose your options based on what you like on the pictures on the left. It's a bit tedious, but they'll tell you what each options means and what it looks like.

But what size top should I get? For radiators and stuff

I'm going to get my custom painted and maybe dipped

But what size top should I get? For radiators and stuff

I'm going to get my custom painted and maybe dipped

What do you mean what size? It depends how you set up your radiators.

Honestly, you could copy how jayztwocents has his set up if you don't mind tackling the challenge

What do you mean what size? It depends how you set up your radiators.

Honestly, you could copy how jayztwocents has his set up if you don't mind tackling the challenge

Well I like the way he did his acrylic piping so I might do that

Well I like the way he did his acrylic piping so I might do that

Don't use hard piping if this is your first build. It's going to be really hard (no pun intended) if this is your first attempt at watercooling. Do it with soft tubing and you can go back and change it later. What you can copy is how he set up his rads and resevoirs

Don't use hard piping if this is your first build. It's going to be really hard (no pun intended) if this is your first attempt at watercooling. Do it with soft tubing and you can go back and change it later. What you can copy is how he set up his rads and resevoirs

But if you could have that case any color what would you chose and what should my project be called?

But if you could have that case any color what would you chose and what should my project be called?

I, personally, would chose gunmetal grey,  but with the parts you've chosen, that being the ROG motherboard, black might be better. It's totally up to you, though. As is the name, that's kind of a personal thing

I, personally, would chose gunmetal grey, but with the parts you've chosen, that being the ROG motherboard, black might be better. It's totally up to you, though. As is the name, that's kind of a personal thing

I wasn't talking about their choices

It could be any color that you want. What would you chose

I wasn't talking about their choices

It could be any color that you want. What would you chose

Any color for a case? Still probably grey or black, it works good with any accent color.