Best headset for 100$

6r4h4m

So I'm looking to buy a headset for around 50 to 100$. right now I'm looking at the razer blackshark bf4 edition and the corsair vengeance 2100.

what I'm looking for in a headset

durable.. this thing needs to last, made of metal is preferred.

mic has to be ok, retractable or removable but non retractable or removable is ok too.

closed (you can't hear anything outside the headset nobody can hear inside accept you obviously).

surround sound would be nice but doesn't really matter because of razer surround.

best sound quality possible for my price range (i'll be gaming and listening to music)

wireless would be great but if not possible then a cable that is removable (I know that the blacksharks do not have a removable cable that's why I'm leaning towards the 2100.

leather ear cups would be nice but doesn't really matter.

needs to be from amazon (prime) but newegg is ok too.

any replies/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Logitech G930 takes my vote... also you'll be lucky to get metal construction in ANY headphones

I have to wired version of this headset. It is comfortable and the mic works pretty good. The only problem I have is that they get a bit hot after around 2ish hours if wear. 

CPU, 8350 @ 4.3 ghz | CPU COOLER, Hyper 212 EVO | ,MOBO, Gigabyte UD3 AM3+ 990FX | RAM, 8 gb  G.Skill ripjaw 1866mhz | GPUASUS 7970 | CASE, Corsair 230T black and red STORAGE, WD caviar blue 1 TB 7200 rpm | PSU, XFX 750 watt 80+ gold | Keyboard, K70 mx blue (black/red) | Mouse Razer naga hex, | Monitors, Asus VG248QE 24in 1080p, Dell 24in monitor 1080p |

If you want durability you don't want a headset because all headsets are made crappy with the exception of the Kingston HyperX and a few overpriced ones. If you want metal construction, CHC Silverado is probably what you're looking for. You can attach a Zalman clip on or get a stand alone mic. Other options are the Kingston HyperX I mentioned and Sony MDR 7506 or Shure 440. Used DT770 can usually be had to around $110 or $120 on headfi classifieds. 

hum, logitech g430? anyone? well i have these, and they're pretty solid, they sound good, awesome mic to be honest, and they have a metal in the headband

CPU: Amd fx 8120 3.9ghz...Motherboard: Asus m5a97 evo R:2.0...RAM: 8gb 1600 kingston hyperx blu...GPU: XFX R9 280x ...CASE: Nzxt h440...

HDD: Kingston adata ssd 500 gigs, wd blue 500gb...PSU: Corsair gs700...Monitors: Asus vk222h Cooler: Noctua nh-d14...Keyboard:coolermaster masterkeys m...Mouse: logitech g300...Headphones: Logitech g430

Thanks for all the replies. I'll take the g930s into consideration

If you want durability don't get a headset period. Some of my gaming friends go through about 1 every 3 months and others once a year.

As always grab a pair of real headphones and a stand alone mic. Something like a mod-mic and AKG K240's or HD 518's normally do the trick.

Quite so, indeed. Buy from audya companies if you want durability et decent sound (no, Corsair and Logitech aren't). Kingston HyperX is obvious if you must have a headset.

I have to wired version of this headset. It is comfortable and the mic works pretty good. The only problem I have is that they get a bit hot after around 2ish hours if wear. 

hmm i was planning on buying those, on a scale of 1-10 for you, how hot would you say they get?

the problem I have with headphones is that the cable always breaks so If you can find a pair of wireless headphones that has a built in mic and can connect to my pc without bluetooth (or comes with usb bluetooth) within my budget that would be great any suggestions?

the problem I have with headphones is that the cable always breaks so If you can find a pair of wireless headphones that has a built in mic and can connect to my pc without bluetooth (or comes with usb bluetooth) within my budget that would be great any suggestions?

Except that wireless has more issues, and you can just simply get a headphone with a detachable cable....

Quite so, indeed. Buy from audya companies if you want durability et decent sound (no, Corsair and Logitech aren't). Kingston HyperX is obvious if you must have a headset.

Logitech has some decent sounding headphones...

corsair has too, but they're all overprice

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

hmm i was planning on buying those, on a scale of 1-10 for you, how hot would you say they get?

well 1 meaning ice cold and 10 meaning ligitimate burns. I would say 4-6. Not terrible, but just uncomfortable

CPU, 8350 @ 4.3 ghz | CPU COOLER, Hyper 212 EVO | ,MOBO, Gigabyte UD3 AM3+ 990FX | RAM, 8 gb  G.Skill ripjaw 1866mhz | GPUASUS 7970 | CASE, Corsair 230T black and red STORAGE, WD caviar blue 1 TB 7200 rpm | PSU, XFX 750 watt 80+ gold | Keyboard, K70 mx blue (black/red) | Mouse Razer naga hex, | Monitors, Asus VG248QE 24in 1080p, Dell 24in monitor 1080p |