UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK:(

Go to solution Solved by Alibaladin,

So here's my problem one day i was fixing up my brothers old linux pc and i wanted to update his browser and etc.before we get a router(we didn't have one O_O).The problem is that i connected our only ethernet cable turned on the pc typed in the ip and so on and it all worked without any problems but when i connected the ethernet cable to MY pc,it first said that there's no internet access and after that it didn't show any errors but it created a sort of "phantom network" called "unidentified network",to me it looks like it is a copy of my original network except when i try too turn it off i turn Both of them off.,and yes i have tried all the microsoft tips on to fixing the errors but it didnt't help.so yea now im running my pc on a cd-bootable version of linux mint just to access the internet,and its very tedious HELP!

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/fix-unidentified-network-and-no-network-access-in-windows-7/

So here's my problem one day i was fixing up my brothers old linux pc and i wanted to update his browser and etc.before we get a router(we didn't have one O_O).The problem is that i connected our only ethernet cable turned on the pc typed in the ip and so on and it all worked without any problems but when i connected the ethernet cable to MY pc,it first said that there's no internet access and after that it didn't show any errors but it created a sort of "phantom network" called "unidentified network",to me it looks like it is a copy of my original network except when i try too turn it off i turn Both of them off.,and yes i have tried all the microsoft tips on to fixing the errors but it didnt't help.so yea now im running my pc on a cd-bootable version of linux mint just to access the internet,and its very tedious HELP!

I've got thesame problem. When I connect my pc with another cable it works. So if you've found a solution please let me know ;)

Just stupid windows again... 

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd

yea i guess worst case scenario i can reinstall windows:(

@Auris99 Just Install Ubuntu (or another distro instead), lol

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/fix-unidentified-network-and-no-network-access-in-windows-7/

Sounds like your ip might your system might not have an ip address. That is one of the most common reasons your network connection will become an unidentified network. If windows cant get an ip address from the dhcp server (typically on your router), windows will self assign an ip address. Open up command prompt and type in ipconfig /all and report back on the network configuration

SkullAbyss