High pitched screaming noise comming from speakers! D:

So yesterday the power went out, so after concluding that it wast comming back on for a while, i shut down my computer and the ups powering it and a couple of monitors. 

The only thing not connected to the ups is my speaker system and this morning i turn my pc on and everything seemed normal. then i tried to play audio , and saw that my speaker system was still of.

I paused the video and turned the system on, then i proceeded to unpause the video and then almost died of a hartattack as my speaker system started so make a screaming noise straight out of the horror movies! D:

In panic i tried to pause the video to make it stop, to my despair it only made the scream go in loop which was equally terrifying. So i ended up turning the system off and thankfully that worked.

So i tried to turn down the volume on vlc and tried to turn it back on at a different place in the video the same noise came on right away and i quickly turned the system off.

Does anyone know what is causing this? i have tried headphones and the sound is normal there so i really dont know what to do? anyone ? 

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

So yesterday the power went out, so after concluding that it wast comming back on for a while, i shut down my computer and the ups powering it and a couple of monitors. 
The only thing not connected to the ups is my speaker system and this morning i turn my pc on and everything seemed normal. then i tried to play audio , and saw that my speaker system was still of.
I paused the video and turned the system on, then i proceeded to unpause the video and then almost died of a hartattack as my speaker system started so make a screaming noise straight out of the horror movies! D:
In panic i tried to pause the video to make it stop, to my despair it only made the scream go in loop which was equally terrifying. So i ended up turning the system off and thankfully that worked.
So i tried to turn down the volume on vlc and tried to turn it back on at a different place in the video the same noise came on right away and i quickly turned the system off.
Does anyone know what is causing this? i have tried headphones and the sound is normal there so i really dont know what to do? anyone ? 

surge to the driver inside the speaker causing a wire to ark to the driver most likely

EDIT: that sounded so dumb. so a surge probably melts solder to one of the contacts on the driver, causing the wire to break loose and ark to the cantact, causing a horrible sound.

surge to the driver inside the speaker causing a wire to ark to the driver most likely

EDIT: that sounded so dumb. so a surge probably melts solder to one of the contacts on the driver, causing the wire to break loose and ark to the cantact, causing a horrible sound.

Ok i dont know if i completely understand what you said, but anyways what can i do to fix this?

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

Your speakers are banshees.

Maybe something electrically shorted when the power went out? 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Ok i dont know if i completely understand what you said, but anyways what can i do to fix this?

send it back to the manufacturer under an RMA process or attempt to fix it yourself, by opening it up and assessing the damage, i would suggest the former.

send it back to the manufacturer under an RMA process or attempt to fix it yourself, by opening it up and assessing the damage, i would suggest the former.

yeah i am not going to open them up my self so i guess i have to try and RMA them. If only my landlord had let me know the power was going to be turned off then this all could have been avoided. ty for all the help peeps