Most unknown console game you absolutely love ...

DeViLzzz

Probably not that uncommon since it was made by Rockstar but most people went for Tony Hawk for their skating game. Thrasher: Skate & Destroy was way better though. Much more true to skating. Way cooler soundtrack too.

Posted Image

I second this although thps2 was awesome

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

hit and run my all time favorite game, oooh the memories 

Musashi samurai legends!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/Musashi_Samurai_Legend_cover.jpg

IMO it's underrated and deserves more love!

I bet people will recognize the art style from more popular games like Kingdom Hearts or certain final fantasy games.

BoxArtLolo1(US).jpg

Now I'm all nostalgic and shit...

This game got rave reviews from critics and people playing and they went on to make other versions and it is now on Wii U virtual console so I don't think this really fits in with the unknown angle.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Probably not that uncommon since it was made by Rockstar but most people went for Tony Hawk for their skating game. Thrasher: Skate & Destroy was way better though. Much more true to skating. Way cooler soundtrack too.

81.jpg

It sounds like this definitely qualifies also in terms of rarity/possible sales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrasher:_Skate_and_Destroy

I just went retro in this thread:

Project_Stealth_Fighter.jpg

I'm not actually that old, but my father still has his Commodore 64 and a few games laying around. Growing up I used to love this game, even though by 1998 the graphics were considered dated. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I just went retro in this thread:

Project_Stealth_Fighter.jpg

I'm not actually that old, but my father still has his Commodore 64 and a few games laying around. Growing up I used to love this game, even though by 1998 the graphics were considered dated. 

Uh this game was critically acclaimed so not quite a game that falls in with the original topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Stealth_Fighter

Uh this game was critically acclaimed so not quite a game that falls in with the original topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Stealth_Fighter

Damn, I only remember playing it around the time I was 6/7 years old. Never knew it was critically acclaimed at the time it came out. I only played it on my father Commodore 64. I would imagine that my dad bought it near release in 1987. By todays standards, the game is still pretty much unheard of (along with the C64).

Ask anyone younger than 25 (me being the exception) what a commodore 64 is and they wouldn't know.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

• 11 months later...

Don't know if it was already mentioned, but TrickStyle, by acclaim for the PC.... so much fun, I was only like 7 but it was the coolest thing.

Cart World Series.

Sooooooo fun. The cars would explode upon impact, or parts would break off depending on where they were hit. Something you don't see with AAA titles with millions of dollars dumped into them.

Amped_freestyle_snowboarding.jpg

I loved this game so much. Such a shame the newer ones never improved. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

KetnetKick
ketnetkick.jpg

I remember a 10-year-old me really enjoying it, but looking back it was a REALLY trippy creation from a Belgian TV company to promote interactivity and connection between its channel, the internet and the computer.

Wikipedia link

Apparently they also made a second version...

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

I don't know if you'd necessarily call them unknown but I guess I never really meet many people who've heard of them. All but one of Gust's PS2 games. Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, Atelier Iris 2: Azoth of Destiny: Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm, Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis, and Mana Khemia 2: The Fall of Alchemy. The only exception is Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of Metafallica. Sucky characters and a sucky battle system.

Also, Sakura Wars: So Long My Love. Basically a visual novel that gets interrupted by a turn based strategy battle every hour or 2. I love it.

Sneak King from Burger King.

Sneakkingbox.jpg

CPU: Intel core i5-3570k / Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPOWER / GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE x2 in SLI / Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB / Power supply: Seasonic x750 with individually sleeved cables / Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker / Cooling: H100i / Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD 

Ronin Blade aka Soul of the Samurai (PS1)

Action Man: Mission Extreme (PS1)

Way of the Samurai (PS2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7_mhK24Ols

Tai'Fu: Wrath of the Tiger (PS1)

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon