Most unknown console game you absolutely love ...

DeViLzzz

Somewhat known by the star wars community:

Star-wars-rogue-squadron.jpg

SWroguesquad2.jpg

SWroguesquad3.jpg

I had the original rogue squadron for PC and N64. After seeing that the second and third games were released exclusively on gamecube, it pretty much justified me buying one, even though I hated the gamecube controller. This was before emulation for the gamecube was a thing. Now I still do have my gamecube stuck in the closet, but I never use it.

This is the most unknown game you absolutely love?  So you buy all triple A titles and nothing else. LOL

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

This is the most unknown game you absolutely love?  So you buy all triple A titles and nothing else. LOL

I didn't know they were considered AAA games. Out of all my friends and colleagues, I was the only one who played those titles.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Let's see...

PS1 - Ape Escape: Probably not so much unknown, but DEFINITELY worthy of every merit thrown its way. The music is amazing, solid handling and unique use of the dual shock, good level design, replayability, blah blah...
ApeEscapeNACover.jpg

PS1 - Ore No Ryouri: A japanese game with all of the (insert American reactions to Japanese games) that you could want. It's just fun to play because of the, yet again, unique and interesting use of the dual shock controller. I had a demo disc where this game was hidden in the code. I had to use the file browser in a gameshark type thing I had to access it.

53576-Ore_No_Ryouri_(Japan)-1.jpg

PS2 - The Bouncer: Not exactly a standout game in any way, but it looked good and was interesting to play because of the use of (you guessed it) the Dual Shock 2. There were games that did well taking advantage of the pressure sensetivity, and others that didn't. This was a mix of the two. You could have different variations of the same attack based on how hard you would press the button. Which was great for tactical purposes, but annoying for long sessions because of sore fingers or even blisters. Always fun with a friend. Also I think a couple voice actors from Cowboy Bebop did some main character voices.

Bouncerbox.jpg

PS2 - The Getaway: No idea how known this game is, but if you find yourself adoring Guy Richie films and Grand Theft Auto, this is your calling. This game is chock full of so much Queen's English slang that the booklet actually has a glossary of definitions. You know, for the kids. The controls can prove to be annoying and clunky, but it still managed to have the same amount of consideration and detail as GTA4 a few years after. Look past the bugs and the other annoyances (like a signifigantly reduced map of London for free roam for some reason), and you can't help but be kind of sucked into the story.

The_Getaway_PS2.jpg

Most of the console games I own are widely known. The only one that probably would fit in this category of unknowing-ness is the Namco Museum Essentials for the PS3.

51eiqfiWOaL.jpg

I've only met a couple of who actually know about this, but I absolutely love it. I really only spend most of my time playing Dragon Spirit or Galaga. 

~IMG

Most of the console games I own are widely known. The only one that probably would fit in this category of unknowing-ness is the Namco Museum Essentials for the PS3.

51eiqfiWOaL.jpg

I've only met a couple of who actually know about this, but I absolutely love it. I really only spend most of my time playing Dragon Spirit or Galaga. 

I have that, and its fun to play with friends.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Not sure how "unknown" it is but my pick would be a little game that was made by DMA Design (aka Rockstar) and Nintendo

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Pepsi Man on PS1 (which I call the grandfather of Temple Run)...

G-Police: Weapons of Justice on PS1

Not sure if this one is famous (outside Japan) but Gundam Seed Destiny Omni Vs. ZAFT II Plus

Pepsi Man on PS1 (which I call the grandfather of Temple Run)...

G-Police: Weapons of Justice on PS1

Not sure if this one is famous (outside Japan) but Gundam Seed Destiny Omni Vs. ZAFT II Plus

OMG LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdqW9PAv5_M

There really is a Pepsi Man game! 

Ok definitely a welcome edition to this most unknown console games you absolutely love list for sure.

Let's see...

PS1 - Ape Escape: Probably not so much unknown, but DEFINITELY worthy of every merit thrown its way. The music is amazing, solid handling and unique use of the dual shock, good level design, replayability, blah blah...

I loved ape escape <3

Bomberman Fantasy Race <3 <3

Bomberman%2BFastasy%2BRace.jpg

And Team Buddies that game was just awesome:

Team_Buddies_Cover_Art.jpg

RTX2070OC 

JasonRoGo I definitely never heard of that Team Buddies game but then again I never liked PS1 so yeah.  Still seems obscure but interesting little game and I found video of it on YouTube.  I can see why people might have had some fun with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7vXE-BeWSM

One of my all time favorites:

1133622050-00.jpg

Graphically looks ok for a N64 game when I checked it out on YouTube.  I really hated the N64 graphics though.  I found them really hard on the eyes.  I skipped PS1 and N64 because of this.

Who remembers this game:

782366-cruis_n_usa.518315.jpg

The arcade version of the game had slightly better graphics. I remember that I could beat the entire game in a few hours as a kid.

I used to be a beta tester for PS2, so I was fortunate enough to play the majority of PS2 online games.

My favorite of all time (I dumped so many hours in this) was Monster Hunter for the PS2 (online of course, singleplayer was boring).

I know Monster Hunter is not an unknown game, but I guess not everyone knows they had a PS2 version.

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

Off the top of my head, either wings of war for the original Xbox or sega rally. Or trackmania nations for the DS.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Metal Arms - Glitch in the System - by Sierra (someone we've been hearing about a bit lately)

This is the trailer that sold me the game ;)

here is a higher rez "gameplay" vid from xbox (I have it for the gamecube)

MetropolisMania 2 on the PS2. It sucks so much in comparison to Sim City 4, but yet it's so quirky that I love it any way.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

BoxArtLolo1(US).jpg

Now I'm all nostalgic and shit...

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.