Verizon makes FIOS service symmetrical

TopWargamer

TIL: That Verizon support was a less trusted source about Verizon services than DSL Reports.

Marketing and news posts are two different category of articles.

Both links in the OP are marketing, not news articles, and as such are not free of bias.

Oh wow, 10 minute upgrade for me from 20/5 to 20/20

10 minutes ago:

LB1jiwj.png

Now:

wy7jX6G.png

Nice speed bump. It seems the rollout is going smoother than most people anticipated.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Both links in the OP are marketing, not news articles, and as such are not free of bias.

Nice speed bump. It seems the rollout is going smoother than most people anticipated.

if you look at the time when Topwar posted the thread he posted the news HOURS before the other news site wrote their articles.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2461137,00.asp

http://online.wsj.com/articles/verizon-fios-enhances-bandwidth-for-uploads-1405901086

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/07/verizon-fios-finally-symmetrical-upload-speeds-boosted-to-match-download/

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Oh my goodness, I linked to a page that shows Verizon's new speeds! What a horrible thing to do!

My source (Verizon's Internet package page) has no bias, because there is none to be had. It's filled with information, aka the new speeds. Now, speeds may vary in certain areas, but for most people, they're getting the speeds or most of it. (As seen in the speed test image in my OP.)

Even if I used a proper news article, you know what would have been in it? The same damn information in my OP. My source is irrelevant so long as the information within it is correct, in which case, it is. Plus, at the time posting, there were no news articles out about it yet.

COMIC SANS

Oh my goodness, I linked to a page that shows Verizon's new speeds! What a horrible thing to do!

My source (Verizon's Internet package page) has no bias, because there is none to be had. It's filled with information, aka the new speeds. Now, speeds may vary in certain areas, but for most people, they're getting the speeds or most of it. (As seen in the speed test image in my OP.)

Even if I used a proper news article, you know what would have been in it? The same damn information in my OP. My source is irrelevant so long as the information within it is correct, in which case, it is. Plus, at the time posting, there were no news articles out about it yet.

Damn it BonBon let it go.

also using Wikipedia as a source of information on bias was worth many lolz; not necessarily because that page was biased, but because so many of the pages on Wikipedia are.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

3644033667.png

:(

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Virgin Media please!!!

For anyone wondering £31.75 a month. ($54.10)

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Geforce RTX 3090 FE 

Damn it BonBon let it go.

Well I wasn't able to make my rebuttal until now, but I'll let it go now.

COMIC SANS

3644033667.png

:(

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Virgin Media please!!!

For anyone wondering £31.75 a month. ($54.10)

For ~$54 a month, that's pretty darn good, except for that upload speed, but still though...

COMIC SANS

I'm about ready to move just so I can be in a FiOS service area.

Follow me on Twitter!

Technology Journalist at TechnologyTell, NextPowerUp, and others. 

I'm about ready to move just so I can be in a FiOS service area.

If your going to move for internet go somewhere with Google Fiber :D

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

It isn't in the news section, then it is fair game...

Actually, I get 50/50 for $39 a month. Which is way better in price to performance ratio then what Time Warner Cable offers for $35 a month and only 15/1.

I'm on 15/1 and I don't have fios in my area :(((((((

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

If your going to move for internet go somewhere with Google Fiber :D

There's always Chattanooga, TN as well because of this: http://chattanoogagig.com/

Follow me on Twitter!

Technology Journalist at TechnologyTell, NextPowerUp, and others. 

I'm actually not on contract. You can call their service line and sweet talk them if done right. And because I am located in a competitive market they offered the contract price but with no contract.

How can you be sure that they won't raise your bill in the future?

Praise Duarte!

How can you be sure that they won't raise your bill in the future?

Because I can leave anytime I want, switch to my city's ran fiber network, or even TWC. Ironically my area also has WiMax available, although latency isn't the best.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

prices are still terrible though

those prices are actually not that bad.

On another note, I'm glad ISPs are starting to realize upload speeds are almost as important these days.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

If only Canadian ISPs would do the same. Sigh. One can dream.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Congrats on the improved speeds. The twelve customers they serve must be pumped. 

Now you might be able to stream Netflix in standard def without buffering.  

Congrats on the improved speeds. The twelve customers they serve must be pumped. 

Now you might be able to stream Netflix in standard def without buffering.  

VPN I has, one I likes it

VPN I has, one I likes it

So you pay (and I'm ballparking here, since I shopped around myself the other day) $30-40 a year so you can stream videos at a bitrate of which you should be able to anyways. I'm not jealous. 

What VPN do you use? 

Would this renew the contract (and is there any additional fees that you have found?)

Meh. On the 50/25 plan and I don't really do any uploading, but oh well, if its actually free, then free stuff is good stuff.

What VPN do you use? 

Private Internet Access. its cheap, unlimited, and one subscription will work on my 3 pc's tablet and phone.