VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build (modded Bitfenix Prodigy)

ciobanulx

What @rhyseyness said  :o

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Looks very awesome... I vote yes on the yellow stripes.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

completely agreed. Make it look like a hazard stripe of some sort.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Looks amazing!

What @rhyseyness said  :o

completely agreed. Make it look like a hazard stripe of some sort.

Amazing build! Make those yellow stripes on the front panel rad read 101 :P

Thanks guys. Yea I'll give the yellow stripes a go when I get home from work today

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

UPDATE

More pics of the rads :D

The top one is done and mounted back into its position :). Also I did those lines on the front rad. I don't think they came out too good ... What do you guys think?

I also ordered some Avery Clear Vinyl Sheets so I can print out some cool custom vinyl stickers for the case.

12RCPHJ.jpg

G8LcOjS.jpg

HTcZnL2.jpg

n975AEh.jpg

2VaS7T3.jpg

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Looks amazing but not a fan of the stripes..

Thanks. I'm hoping the stripes will look better once it's mounted in the case. I just don't know what to do about the uneven edge on some of them, I think I removed the tape to quickly out of excitement haha. I'm thinking if it really bothers me I can stick some vinyl over them which is probably what I should have done in the first place instead of painting them

SIMPLE MODZ

Can't you just tape it really tight and give it another layer of yellow paint?

Make sure nothing leaks in the rad fins though

Yea I think I could do that though I would have to let it dry properly for a few days and then sand it. There is already quite a thick layer of yellow paint on, if I apply more it will start to wrinkle. I'll give it a go in a few days :)

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

Hello there guys and girls! Here it is, the case has now been reassembled and I reckon the painted rads look pretty good :D

I managed to fix the uneven edges of the stripes by cutting very thin pieces of the carbon fiber vinyl that I have, was much easier that sanding and repainting and it also looks good :P

xrPIak7.jpg

ZlvYGgO.jpg

qP8Gsrf.jpg

EYOA8tV.jpg

SIjleiu.jpg

50siVIe.jpg

phH1pgY.jpg

flzy6Qu.jpg

nv4qTv8.jpg

F32P5JS.jpg

ELyNfyQ.jpg

OKVUrhJ.jpg

Also as you may have spotted from the pics, I cut a piece of vinyl in the shape of the Vault Tec logo and stuck the Bitfenix logo in the middle of that. I went around local areas and tried to find someone that can make the Vault Tec logo for me properly out of metal, acrylic or something but they were all charging more than $100 for that and I can't afford to spend that much money just for a logo. I'm also gonna get one of those spiral cutting attachments for my rotary tool and try to cut the shape out of acrylic and see how that looks if I manage to do it :o. If not then I think the vinyl logo looks pretty good as it is now.

SIMPLE MODZ

SEXY  :wub:  :o

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

That is freaking awesome! Keep up the great work

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Looks incredible man! Keep up the awesome work :D

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

Looks incredible man! Keep up the awesome work :D

That looks INCREDIBLE. Wish I could afford to do something like that :/

Thanks a lot :D . One day hopefully you will :) , I have been planning something like this ever since the prodigy came out which was I think nearly 3 years ago and only now I've been able to do it and afford it, though as you can see not everything I have is new :)

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

Good news !!! The motherboard arrived today and I love it :D. I immediately mounted everything in the case in order to test all the components, especially the second hand ones. I'm glad to say that everything is working fine. Please excuse my ghetto mounting but there was no way I was getting the PSU and those stiff cables in the case.

HGhFAYh.jpg

PzMJ5vq.jpg

M76gCM7.jpg

lhBjp53.jpg

tlZwtgI.jpg

4P1Nu7a.jpg

5CIS6lP.jpg

UqOb1I3.jpg

bOTW12I.jpg

rz9ssXA.jpg

AbIJSR1.jpg

SUCCESS !!! :D:P

pTNwAde.jpg

q1JPC7o.jpg

q327Ldx.jpg

u2LTHiL.jpg

6u2Q27B.jpg

yXthHNc.jpg

DStLTXa.jpg

sbXtCz8.jpg

Hope you enjoy! :)

SIMPLE MODZ

why red ram?

It's from my old build. No worries tho as it will be water cooled with EK block and monarch modules which are black :D . See previous post :) . I will also be painting the black EK monarch modules blue so it will match nicely. I'm not gonna put this much effort into my color scheme with the case and everything just to have red ram hahaha

SIMPLE MODZ

That mobo looks sexy  :wub:

That mobo looks sexy  :wub:

It sure is, love it :D . I'm gonna work on making a backplate for the raised bit and maybe a cover for the whole board out of aluminum. I'll just cut holes for the connectors and the nice blue bits :P . Hopefully it won't be too hard to do :)

Holy balls that looks neat!

Thanks :D . It does look pretty neat, without all those cables in it tho :lol: . It was a struggle connecting everything with those stiff cables. Can't wait to get my custom length sleeved cables in :P

One of the sexiest build in the forums x3

Gee thanks a lot man. I appreciate it. It will be so much sexier when I get all the water blocks on everything and start tubing up. Can't wait :D

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

Painted the SSD and EK Monarch RAM Modules:

I first removed the EK logo

1R6US2C.jpg

Naked SSD :P

nVIHJWO.jpg

Also removed the sticker and I will replace this with a Fallout sticker later on :D

BUr4t7W.jpg

The yellow is much more vibrant than in these pictures. It appears greenish here for some reason :)

iUbymar.jpg

0HWZEyM.jpg

Blue EK Monarch RAM Modules, and I have the logo back on.

X7VQki9.jpg

6aBvLth.jpg

I will install the RAM modules on the RAM tomorrow :)

SIMPLE MODZ

I <3 updates

hqdefault.jpg

that's a 10 

fractal define r4 - msi z77 mpower - i5 3570k 4.5ghz -alphacool water cooling+noctua -gtx 780ti-1323mhz-1.25v - corsair ax760i -vertex 4 120gb x2 - 840 evo 500gb - asus xonar dgx 

corsair k70 - logitech g502 - sennheiser game zero - logitech z906 5.1 -samsung 46" iiyama 27"144hz - http://gabegaming.com/