VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build (modded Bitfenix Prodigy)

ciobanulx

Nice, lets see some hardware in it :D

I agree with Mr. Affiliate welcome to the forum EK :D

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Absolutely stunning!

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Nice, lets see some hardware in it :D

Hello EK! Thanks, yea I can't wait to see some hardware in it :D

I agree with Mr. Affiliate welcome to the forum EK :D

Absolutely stunning!

it's... beautiful

Been lurking just wanna say it looks amazeballs :)

I do that too from time to time hahaha, thanks, welcome to my build log and to the forum :P

Thanks guys :D

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

UPDATE

Hey guys, here is a small update with a brief overview of the components I have so far:

Second hand XFX R9 290 which I purchased from eBayAu for $290 :P

wk4ZOBj.jpg

Pretty good condition cosmetically, I haven't had the chance to test it yet as I still need a motherboard. Also don't really care that it's reference design since I will be putting a waterblock on it anyway.

oT5CmZb.jpg

VYvsRWG.jpg

2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz memory from my previous build. I purchased the EK Monarch RAM Block and modules for it, it's the nickel plexi CSQ version which I'm gonna change the top to the clear plexi version. I'm thinking of painting the modules in the same blue as the case :)

gSyKAWR.jpg

The following were purchased new:

Crucial MX100 256GB SSD. I'm also thinking of painting this yellow :P

x4WmMdJ.jpg

t056dD1.jpg

SilverStone Strider Gold PSU, only 140mm deep.

Ae1CiJc.jpg

gdeR0eM.jpg

8ynYG96.jpg

FOPOiEY.jpg

DdjSzGR.jpg

First thing I did was remove that ugly sticker. No point to paint this as it won't really be seen with the PSU side covers I have.

TYd24GO.jpg

The cables waiting to be cut and sleeved :)

euA9NMy.jpg

Mayhems Pastel Sunset Yellow coolant, 250ml concentrate makes 1L. Should be enough for this build :)

M1vQh01.jpg

And lastly the Intel Pentium Anniversary G3258 CPU

eq6Nx5O.jpg

I do have the CPU however I did score a better one for a good deal on eBay. I've also got my eyes on a different motherboard too. Can't really confirm until I know for sure that I'm gonna get it. Anyways the CPU will be much better than the pentium K if everything goes through nicely with the MB, fingers crossed :o. Though I'm still curious to try the little one out, might use it in a future build for my girlfriend :P.

That's it for now. Once I get the motherboard I will be able to fit everything in the case and test the components to make sure everything is working.

Once that is done I will be looking at getting all my sleeving gear and the rest of the watercooling gear I need. Also need more funds for that so it might be a little while :o. I will keep you guys posted.

Also the photo cube didn't work out, I just didn't like it so I returned it :) . I'm currently looking into setting up a custom home made photo studio, hopefully I'll have that ready in a short while for future picture updates.

Stay tuned! :P

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

YAYAYAYAYA also you should add this to your sig

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

SMALL UPDATE

I can now say for sure that the new CPU and MB that are going in this build are the Intel i5 3570K and the ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe.

I have been wanting to get my hands on that motherboard ever since it came out last year but I never had the chance or funds to get it then. And now they are not in production anymore. I was really bummed when ASUS droped the black and blue colour scheme on their motherboards.

Finding this MB on eBay was what made me change my mind about my CPU and MB, also the 3570K is much better that the Pentium K and even though it's Ivy Bridge and not the latest Devil's Canyon I'm sure it will last me a while with what I'm planning on doing with this build.

I picked up the CPU for $160 on eBay and the MB just today for $200, though I had hoped to pay less than that for an older Z77 MB I guess there were other people like me who really wanted it. Also it fits my colour scheme nicely.

However this now means I will have to drop the MSI Z97I Gaming as well as the EK-FB MSI Z97I-Gaming full cover water block coming out for it from EK, though I haven't heard anything further about it other than the announcement on EK's website. The CPU block I will be using now is the EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ Nickel Plexi :). I will use the Pentium K in my next build for my girlfriend.

The CPU just arrived today and the MB should be here next week.

Anyways the build is coming together nicely.

Will post an update with pics next week when I will start assembling and testing everything. Also now that I have pretty much everything I need I can continue some further mods I have in mind with this build.

Stay tuned! :D

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

PICS! :3

I agree with this statement

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

PICS! :3

I agree with this statement

I will upload them later tonight :P . I've only done one side so far. I'm waiting until that is ready to handle so I can do the other. Once both sides are good to handle and I'm happy with the finish I will bring them up into my room to dry properly for a few days, too much dust in the garage. And I'll take some more shots then and upload them. Stay tuned in about 2 hours or so :P

Also my girlfriend is watching GoT on the TV from the laptop, only SD card reader I have, don't wanna bother her too many times hahaha

SIMPLE MODZ

This build looks sick, youve done a great job :D

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

UPDATE

So today I decided to paint the rads blue, same color as the case. I reckon they came out pretty good, love that glossy look :D

Here we go:

All ready to get started. It was a pain covering up those pins, especially since there is another layer underneath around every side to protect the rad from punctures in case you go in to deep (that's what she said) with the screws.

BNVdYPI.jpg

ZeHzqEt.jpg

LVe1wSA.jpg

tuYjOgh.jpg

Np1pXXT.jpg

kQ4SpBe.jpg

79iV6ld.jpg

tSsVp9c.jpg

mdJWYSV.jpg

I2xfmft.jpg

xkSTvoc.jpg

X84MaLN.jpg

In case you're wondering why the screws are in the middle mounting holes on the fatter rad, it's because I made the holes on the sides fit M4 bolts as I couldn't find M3 50mm long for the front panel. Didn't have any other long M4 bolts to use when painting.

Anyways, what do you guys think of the rads? I'm thinking to do some yellow diagonal stripes on the front panel rad. I think that would look pretty cool :D

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

So today I decided to paint the rads blue, same color as the case. I reckon they came out pretty good, love that glossy look :D

Here we go:

All ready to get started. It was a pain covering up those pins, especially since there is another layer underneath around every side to protect the rad from punctures in case you go in to deep (that's what she said) with the screws.

-SNIP-

In case you're wondering why the screws are in the middle mounting holes on the fatter rad, it's because I made the holes on the sides fit M4 bolts as I couldn't find M3 50mm long for the front panel. Didn't have any other long M4 bolts to use when painting.

Anyways, what do you guys think of the rads? I'm thinking to do some yellow diagonal stripes on the front panel rad. I think that would look pretty cool :D

Looks amazing!