suggestion for a Build for moba gaming?

Joferns
Go to solution Solved by isHypnophobic,

I assumed you'd want to try overclocking:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card  ($282.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1002.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-23 01:51 EDT-0400

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PERIPHERALS

Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($135.00 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($120.90 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Cooler Master Recon Wired Optical Mouse  ($34.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $290.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-23 02:02 EDT-0400

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I picked a 650w PSU just in case you want to Crossfire in the future. I'm not so sure about the peripheral list I made--to be honest, just go with what you'd like to use. For instance, for keyboards I go for MX Brown switches. For monitors, I go IPS with 5ms-ish response time. 

I want help in building a Gaming PC for moba games(wow,lol,diablo3,SC) and also be able to do some music editing.

My budget for the build is around  $1000(PC components) and $500 for the peripherals and monitor.

I decided to build a gaming pc as my laptop is very old now and can t handle this games at max setting.

I would pref running Windows 7 on this system

It would help me alot if u could supply me a list of the parts.

thanks in advance

-snip-

Quick question, would you like to try overclocking?

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

I assumed you'd want to try overclocking:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card  ($282.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1002.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-23 01:51 EDT-0400

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PERIPHERALS

Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($135.00 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($120.90 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Cooler Master Recon Wired Optical Mouse  ($34.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $290.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-23 02:02 EDT-0400

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I picked a 650w PSU just in case you want to Crossfire in the future. I'm not so sure about the peripheral list I made--to be honest, just go with what you'd like to use. For instance, for keyboards I go for MX Brown switches. For monitors, I go IPS with 5ms-ish response time. 

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

I think if you are just going to be playing MOBA's and music editing.They dont take to much to play on max settings so this syestem would be able to handle nearly anything you throw at it. If you where looking to save a bit drop the 280x for a 270x or even a 270 they can handle most games 1080p max settings.

Thx alot isHypnophobic for ur list helps me alot.

Will overclocking help improve gameplays ?

Can i replace the ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  with MSI Z97-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

cause the motherboard u suggested is not available in my country

No problem, man. It's what the community is here for. That motherboard will work but isn't that much more expensive?

Overclocking won't really help much for the games that you've listed. More raw CPU power gained from overclocking can be useful for CPU intensive tasks. On the top of my head, these would be video encoding, 3D renders, and playing some RTS games. Edit: Oh and duh, music editing and mixing is CPU intensive to an extent lol. So overclocking will help with that.

I overclock because it's fun and it's a free performance increase! It also helps me with work. (3D rendering and video editing)

But! @bell2dx raises a good point here. If you're just going to edit music and playing MOBA games, you can save money by buying a lower performing and priced GPU.

Lemme know what you decide on doing, I'll be happy to help with a new adjusted parts list :D

Edited by isHypnophobic

@isHypnophobic what cheap GPU would u pref?

i am from India so i can shop most of the parts from Flipkart.com so it is hard to find the parts u suggested.

@Joferns I'd say pick from the 280x or 270x. You can't go wrong with those two right now.

Well see what you can grab in terms of overclockable stuff. If it's easier, you can just go with unoverclockable parts.

Best of luck man.

@Joferns I'd say pick from the 280x or 270x. You can't go wrong with those two right now.

Well see what you can grab in terms of overclockable stuff. If it's easier, you can just go with unoverclockable parts.

Woulden't a r9 270 be better than 270x? Both cheaper and better and if you go with the MSI or someother other manifacturer for the dual fan and you would be able to overclock the GPU even more?

Woulden't a r9 270 be better than 270x? Both cheaper and better and if you go with the MSI or someother other manifacturer for the dual fan and you would be able to overclock the GPU even more?

I'd leave that decision for you. in my opinion, the 270 and 270X are the same except for the 270X's higher clock speeds. Linus talks about their differences here. Edit: Oh yeah, of course non-reference cards will Overclock better. For AMD, I'd say Sapphire, MSI, and ASUS are my favorites. Read up on the different manufacturer's features then pick the one you like :D

Edited by isHypnophobic

@Joferns

Technically, yes you can run Dual Monitors for your desktop and non-gaming tasks. But when you play, you'd want to play it on 1080p (So just a single monitor)--the 270 or 270X is aimed at gaming at 1080p.