A Simple Mod: Silencing the EVGA 750Ti FTW w/ ACX

Looks weird. Haha. Should've remove the shroud. Or the fan and just cool it passively to silence it totally. Hahahaha :)

I did if you read towards the end of my OP and I mentioned it in a few posts. Also people on EVGA's forums have tried running it passive but that just not enough surface area even if you have good case airflow.

Should have done 2 fans

Please read the thread and youll see why that really wasnt an option.

Please read the thread and youll see why that really wast an option.

got itf

• 1 month later...

put 2 fans in it:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I don't want to void the warranty.

"COUGH" http://i.imgur.com/ZxhcY9S.jpg "COUGH" 

it´s not a EVGA card but there you have it, 2 fans yo!

Did it few months ago because one of the stock fans effed so i slapped on those two :D its HUGE! but Meh, love it!

original product: http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/overview.png

"COUGH" http://i.imgur.com/ZxhcY9S.jpg "COUGH"

it´s not a EVGA card but there you have it, 2 fans yo!

Did it few months ago because one of the stock fans effed so i slapped on those two :D its HUGE! but Meh, love it!

original product: http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/overview.png

That would be overkill for a 750ti and did you do a cooler swap too?

Yes :P i didn't want to dismantle the Stock shroud on the 690.

Well the only aftermarket cooler for the 750 to is full blown water cooling which while cool I couldn't do.

I just got this model and it seems to quiet, Like the fans aren't running at all! This may be a major problem, but thanks for this post. How did you supply power to the fan? 

Thanks | Grant

P.S. - What overclocking software did you use? I am used to ASUS gpuTweak so I don't really know of any other good ones for EVGA.

looks pretty funny with the shroud on. At least you never look at the front when it is installed.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I just got this model and it seems to quiet, Like the fans aren't running at all! This may be a major problem, but thanks for this post. How did you supply power to the fan? 

Thanks | Grant

P.S. - What overclocking software did you use? I am used to ASUS gpuTweak so I don't really know of any other good ones for EVGA.

You got the EVGA 750 Ti FTW with ACX? if so im guessing teh rest of your system isnt all that quiet then or your not noticing that its the main source of the noise.

I supplied power directly from the GPU where the fans got it before. This way the GPU still controls the fan properly.

EVGA has their own EVGA Precision X software which is very close to MSI afterburner.

looks pretty funny with the shroud on. At least you never look at the front when it is installed.

I didnt leave the shroud on...

nice mod but looks really funny :D

with the shroud on I assume? It would look much better with dual fans and it on than with 1 and it off but i would have to modify the heatsink in a few places to make that work.

with the shroud on I assume? It would look much better with dual fans and it on than with 1 and it off but i would have to modify the heatsink in a few places to make that work.

if you don't have a side panel it is not worth loosing your warranty imo

what are your temps before/after the mod ?  

if you don't have a side panel it is not worth loosing your warranty imo

what are your temps before/after the mod ?

the exact same because this cooler is such overkill it isnt funny. I mean thats great for OCing but once again shows they should have use fans about half the speed.

• 6 months later...

you sir...

deserve a cookie

are you going to send me one?

Did you say your HTPC is in a 750D?

Well it was for a year+ or so. HTPC/Server BTW, though over the holidays I fully rebuilt it in a Define R5. Its gotten a few upgrades since but now it should be good for the next 3 years or so.

On a side note the 750 Ti has been replaced with a EVGA GTX 960 FTW ACX 2.0 and the 750 Ti FTW moved to my rig running mu Pentium anniversary edition..

• 7 months later...

Hey Profosist , i was searching the web and found your solution to the 750 ti ftw fan noise but i wanted to ask you a couple of questions. 

- Is this the 92mm fan from Noctua that you used?

http://www.amazon.de/NOCTUA-NF-A9x14-PWM-Geh%C3%A4usel%C3%BCfter-NF-A9X14/dp/B009LELXQG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445716671&sr=8-1&keywords=noctua+92mm
i want to buy 2 fans.

- Is it possible to put 2 fans on the 750 TI FTW , I mean does noctua provide the cables that you need?

- How was the cooling after installing the noctua fans, was it still cool or worse?

sorry for all the questions just don't want to spend money on 2 fans if they dont work correctly... 

sry for the long questions, thanks in advance, hope you still on this forum ! 

Hey Profosist , i was searching the web and found your solution to the 750 ti ftw fan noise but i wanted to ask you a couple of questions. 

- Is this the 92mm fan from Noctua that you used?

http://www.amazon.de/NOCTUA-NF-A9x14-PWM-Gehäuselüfter-NF-A9X14/dp/B009LELXQG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445716671&sr=8-1&keywords=noctua+92mm

i want to buy 2 fans.

- Is it possible to put 2 fans on the 750 TI FTW , I mean does noctua provide the cables that you need?

- How was the cooling after installing the noctua fans, was it still cool or worse?

sorry for all the questions just don't want to spend money on 2 fans if they dont work correctly... 

sry for the long questions, thanks in advance, hope you still on this forum !

Yes that is the fan that I got. Here is the link to the product on Noctua's website http://goo.gl/fjGU0n

You can do two fans but you will have to cut/grind/modify the heatsink a bit which will void your warranty.

You will have to buy the cables separately as non of the ones I used came with those specific fans. I can link the cable from a US retailer but you would have to find them where you live.

I only installed one and its still maintaining the same temps fan speed % might go up but the actual fan is much slower and quieter so its all good.

Yes that is the fan that I got. Here is the link to the product on Noctua's website http://goo.gl/fjGU0n

You can do two fans but you will have to cut/grind/modify the heatsink a bit which will void your warranty.

You will have to buy the cables separately as non of the ones I used came with those specific fans. I can link the cable from a US retailer but you would have to find them where you live.

I only installed one and its still maintaining the same temps fan speed % might go up but the actual fan is much slower and quieter so its all good.

But I saw that you wrote, that you could plug the fans in directly since noctua provided that cable, wasn't that right?

Addition: Another cool thing you might like to know is that I actually had a adapter from noctua that allowed me to plug the fan directly into the GPU without making anything myself. Also many of you may not have seen these before since they are kinda old school but those black screws were very common in the past and actually screw into the fins on the heatsink. I probably scavenged them off motherboard or other device I scrapped. "

But I saw that you wrote, that you could plug the fans in directly since noctua provided that cable, wasn't that right?

Addition: Another cool thing you might like to know is that I actually had a adapter from noctua that allowed me to plug the fan directly into the GPU without making anything myself. Also many of you may not have seen these before since they are kinda old school but those black screws were very common in the past and actually screw into the fins on the heatsink. I probably scavenged them off motherboard or other device I scrapped. "

The adapter itself is from Noctua but it did not come with that specific fan. That adapter comes with their 40mm fan, or at least that is where I got mine.