iSwitshed to OSX. Should it happen?

SSOB

@SSOB

Can you add a "Eh, don't mind" option.

Pretty please.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Yes by far. Mac hate is OK. They are overpriced and underpowered. The OS X hate is undeserved. It truly is a robust operating system. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Nope that's weaker than staying neutral in a war. YOU GOTTA CHOSE BOY. 

tumblr_m2hhggRFAG1qzfnl7.gif

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

tumblr_m2hhggRFAG1qzfnl7.gif

Than just don't vote simple as that :P

Interested in Business and Technology

Than just don't vote simple as that :P

I have done so. You win this time....this time..

I have done so. You win this time....this time..

Yay. Another victory

Added background for dramatic effect.

I feel like there might be some software that Linus uses for work that isn't available on OSX, not even counting any sort of PC-related hardware reviews, so it might have too much of an impact on his job to really be a viable option even beyond the much larger investment compared to phone-based iSwitcheds. Of course, that's up to Linus to decide.

Regardless, I wouldn't want to see it anyway.

OS X sucks

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

OS X sucks

So, does that mean he shouldn't try it? i bet you never used a recent version for iOS ( and be forced to use it )

So, does that mean he shouldn't try it? i bet you never used a recent version for iOS ( and be forced to use it )

i've used iOS 6, it sucks horribly and Android 4.3 is far better. as far as OS X goes, it's not terrible (10.7) but Windows is a million times better

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

i've used iOS 6, it sucks horribly and Android 4.3 is far better. as far as OS X goes, it's not terrible (10.7) but Windows is a million times better

iOS 6 is much older than android 4.3, not a fair comparison. And how is windows ''a million'' times better. I would say they are different and each have their advantages and disadvantages.

osx is actually a very solid operating system. It is really great for productivity

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

iOS 6 is much older than android 4.3, not a fair comparison. And how is windows ''a million'' times better. I would say they are different and each have their advantages and disadvantages.

September 19, 2012 is release date of iOS6

July 24, 2013 is release date of 4.3

Not comparible whatsoever.

0% game support, i need muh games

0% game support, i need muh games

Yes true, OSX is not for gaming. I'm completely fine with that as i rarely game.

http://store.steampowered.com/browse/mac/?l=english

Yeah you are kinda right, the game selection sucks. But then again, not needed for most people who use computers, including @LinusTech. He has more machines anyway so it's not like he can only use OSX.

Yes true, OSX is not for gaming. I'm completely fine with that as i rarely game.

http://store.steampowered.com/browse/mac/?l=english

Yeah you are kinda right, the game selection sucks. But then again, not needed for most people who use computers, including @LinusTech. He has more machines anyway so it's not like he can only use OSX.

i would be fine with a MacBook Air for computing on the go but i NEED MUH GAMES

i would be fine with a MacBook Air for computing on the go but i NEED MUH GAMES

Macbook pro 13 would be better. better screen and stuff and not overpriced. (MBA is kinda overpriced but you pay for the super thinness also so yeah.) 

It is not too different. They  are both OS's. Microsoft seems to make many apps for iOS, or is that Google?

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.