GTX 78 TI 3GB VS

monjanger

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 vs Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card? Which one is better?!

780TI...

Not the same price brackets though.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

780Ti by quite a bit...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

780Ti in my opinion is the best GPU on the market right now for a gamer regardless of its price for a number of reasons.

If you can afford the 780Ti then get it, it's a weapon.

780TI...

Not the same price brackets though.

I can afford it is it worth it?

I would say the 780 is more worth it, and SLi later

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Thats completely up to you. Is a Lambo worth it if you can afford it? I can't tell you. I personally think so. Not exactly price/performance but it's a pretty good card overall. 

Edit: I think the 780Ti is worth it, not the lambo.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I would say yes :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Do you mean R9 290 or R9 290X?

Can't really compare a 780Ti to a regular 290.

Also, you could do 780 now and maybe SLI later, but personally I'd just spend a bit more and get one single card that'll last for some time. No possibility of SLI weirdness then :)

Thats completely up to you. Is a Lambo worth it if you can afford it? I can't tell you. I personally think so. Not exactly price/performance but it's a pretty good card overall. 

If a cake costs a dollar and extra icing costs 10, most people may be cool with a cake for a buck, but a guy who really loves his cake will pay his 11 notes and enjoy the finer item more than the people who didn't take it ever could.

That's the man behind the wheel of the Ferrari, and that's also the man who paid the premium for his 780Ti.

I have it. You should have it too. It's amazing.

If a cake costs a dollar and extra icing costs 10, most people may be cool with a cake for a buck, but a guy who really loves his cake will pay his 11 notes and enjoy the finer item more than the people who didn't take it ever could.

That's the man behind the wheel of the Ferrari, and that's also the man who paid the premium for his 780Ti.

I really like icing on my cake!

So long as you don't care about your money, GTX 780 Ti is the best. Don't let my GTX 780 fool you, I just couldn't afford it and I needed PhysX which is why I went against both. The R9 290 doesn't have PhysX and the 780 Ti is just too much.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I would snag a 290, and CFX them. The 290's are way cheaper, if you could get a good deal (MIR and CODES) you could prob get 2 for a little more than 1 780 ti.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 vs Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card? Which one is better?!

780 Ti  but it's not a fair comparison choosing to pit a $700 card vs a $500 one xD  

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

GTX780Ti if you can afford and for the GTX780Ti Master Race

lolz jk

but the comparison should be against the 290X instead of the 290

thou I can buy like two 290s and CrossFire them for better 1440P gaming

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

GTX780Ti if you can afford and for the GTX780Ti Master Race

lolz jk

but the comparison should be against the 290X instead of the 290

thou I can buy like two 290s and CrossFire them for better 1440P gaming

You could buy two 290s... but rather buy a GTX780 Ti SLI and along with that the new Asus RoG Swift monitor and use Gsync and the sweet 144Hz ;) .

But BTT if I had to choose between GTX780, R9 290, R9 290X and a GTX780 Ti I´d take the 780 Ti because of the best performance and OC potential (very good memory controller, fast VRAM and quality RAM on it).

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

You could buy two 290s... but rather buy a GTX780 Ti SLI and along with that the new Asus RoG Swift monitor and use Gsync and the sweet 144Hz ;) .

But BTT if I had to choose between GTX780, R9 290, R9 290X and a GTX780 Ti I´d take the 780 Ti because of the best performance and OC potential (very good memory controller, fast VRAM and quality RAM on it).

I will pick the GTX780Ti if only I can afford it...

sad to say not all of us have the cash to go all out

I am still quite debt ridden even with a job currently

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I will pick the GTX780Ti if only I can afford it...

sad to say not all of us have the cash to go all out

I am still quite debt ridden even with a job currently

Yes that´s clear I´m sorry if I over shoot once in a while... but since I am already an old man and earn decent money... I sometimes forget that I shouldn´t go over the edge from time to time with my hardware madness :).

It´s just... hardware makes me happy :D.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Yes that´s clear I´m sorry if I over shoot once in a while... but since I am already an old man and earn decent money... I sometimes forget that I shouldn´t go over the edge from time to time with my hardware madness :).

It´s just... hardware makes me happy :D.

no worries 

we can dream of getting big hardware once in a while

i am still trying means to save up for my own ride

although one decent ride here cost as much as a home in the US

If you have money for a 780ti then get it. But you're insane to compare a $400 to a $600 card. 

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

780ti would take the 290, stab it, kick it in the groin, knee it in the face, light it on fire, shoot it, and throw it off a cliff. To add insult to injury it would also urinate off of the cliff onto the 290. So yeah the 780ti would win.