Best GPU to go with my CPU

BetterGamer
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

So what other GPU should I get for 130$ or below?

For $130 my choice would be this

Quality? Like longer lasting?

Yes. As well as consuming less electricity. However for both longevity and power consumption you'd be hard pressed to notice a difference. 

"Rawr XD"

Last question hopefully! What kind of performance would I get on DayZ on med and high?

He has a 1680x1050 monitor so he can do better. (vs 1080p at the same settings)

i'm talking about the hardware, the graphics cards we're suggesting Dude 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

i'm talking about the hardware, the graphics cards we're suggesting Dude 

You said that you can't do better with the hardware... well of course not, but because the resolution he's playing at is lower then at the same graphical settings (medium, high, ultra, etc) he will have more FPS then if he were to run the same graphical settings at 1080p. I'm in the same boat as well. On my secondary gaming rig that has an overclocked 260 non-X, I can still play BF4 on ultra settings and 4X AA and still get 50+ FPS easily because the max resolution I can run at on that monitor is 1440x900, whereas my main rig with a 280X will actually get less FPS at the same settings because it's running at 1080p.

"Rawr XD"

You said that you can't do better with the hardware... well of course not, but because the resolution he's playing at is lower then at the same graphical settings (medium, high, ultra, etc) he will have more FPS then if he were to run the same graphical settings at 1080p. I'm in the same boat as well. On my secondary gaming rig that has an overclocked 260 non-X, I can still play BF4 on ultra settings and 4X AA and still get 50+ FPS easily because the max resolution I can run at on that monitor is 1440x900, whereas my main rig with a 280X will actually get less FPS at the same settings because it's running at 1080p.

So I would get more FPS on a 1080p monitor?

So I would get more FPS on a 1080p monitor?

No. You will get less.

"Rawr XD"

I run an R9 270X Windforce from Gigabyte and I love the damn thing. It's not too expensive and I can play anything between High and Ultra today. The Cooler is super quiet and while mine didn't OC for crap, I've seen others get quite a bit out of them. I got the 4GB version because it was cheaper (go figure) and I have never been so satisfied with a purchase.

Here's an Amazon link if you're interested. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H707TIW/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh makes sense! What kind of performance would I get on DayZ on med-high settings? and is this a good psu? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152053&cm_re=green_power_supply-_-17-152-053-_-Product Its green so it matches my color scheme

You maybe will get 30 fps avg on medium settings in DayZ. It is just incredibly unoptimized and runs like crap on even high end cards.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.