Best GPU to go with my CPU

BetterGamer
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

So what other GPU should I get for 130$ or below?

For $130 my choice would be this

I want to buy a new GPU to run games like BF4,Titanfall,COD,Rust,THe forest.... What would be a good pair with my AMD phenom 9600 quad core?

I want to buy a new GPU to run games like BF4,Titanfall,COD,Rust,THe forest.... What would be a good pair with my AMD phenom 9600 quad core?

In terms of today's GPUs, an R9 270/750Ti or anything under will be fine. 270X or 760 might be pushing it a little but you won't lose a lot from to bottlenecking.

"Rawr XD"

130$ but it needs to work okay with my CPU

260X. But if you can squeeze in a bit more money then 750Ti.

"Rawr XD"

In terms of today's GPUs, an R9 270/750Ti or anything under will be fine. 270X or 760 might be pushing it a little but you won't lose a lot from to bottlenecking.

I was going to go with the XFX R7 260x DD version

NO get the 7850!!! The 7850 is a great card OC'ed.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

But will it bottleneck? :(

GTX 650Ti Boost/750Ti, or R7-260X/R9-270 higher than that is gonna be bottlenecked 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

I was going to go with the XFX R7 260x DD version

lol I just posted about the 260X above that. The 260X is also a great card overclocked. I wouldn't get the XFX version, I've had a horrible past with XFX cards. I'd get the HIS IceQ X2. Would go really well with your CPU and budget.

If we're going to go for past cards then there's a lot of cards you can get second hand that are faster then a 7850 or 260X, it just depends on whether you can find them, and if your PSU can handle them. For $130 I can get a GTX 580 or two 6850s. 

"Rawr XD"

GTX 650Ti Boost/750Ti, or R7-260X/R9-270 higher than that is gonna be bottlenecked 

What games can I run with the R7 260x

lol I just posted about the 260X above that. The 260X is also a great card overclocked. I wouldn't get the XFX version, I've had a horrible past with XFX cards. I'd get the HIS IceQ X2. Would go really well with your CPU and budget.

If we're going to go for past cards then there's a lot of cards you can get second hand that are faster then a 7850 or 260X, it just depends on whether you can find them, and if your PSU can handle them.

500w psu can handle the XFX card right?

500w psu can handle the XFX card right?

Yes 500W will handle it no problem. It's just that I've had lots of problems with XFX so I couldn't recommend them. I've tried many AMD vendors as well and the one that's been the best to me is HIS which is why I recommend them. Quiet coolers, cards run cool, and haven't had a single issue with any card of theirs. 

"Rawr XD"

But will it bottleneck? :(

it might but it is still a better card and its like 90 bucks on newegg

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

If we're going to go for past cards then there's a lot of cards you can get second hand that are faster then a 7850 or 260X, it just depends on whether you can find them, and if your PSU can handle them.

Why not the XFX version?

What games can I run with the R7 260x

can handle Up to BF4 and Crysis 3 Maxed at solid 30~FPS, wich is very playable 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Why not the XFX version?

I've had 4 XFX cards. 3 of them (8800GTS 512MB, 9800GT, and RHD4770) broke and XFX won't honor them because they're past warranty, even though the oldest, most abused video card I have still works (geforce Ti 4200). The forth card (RHD 6870) is for some reason voltage locked unlike the other 6870 I have. 

"Rawr XD"

Holy f@#$ With my cpu?

30FPS is playable on a console. On PC, it doesn't look that good. Trust me, you won't be maxing out BF4 or C3 on a 260X at 1080p and have enjoyable gameplay. It takes at least a 270X/760 for that.

"Rawr XD"

Why not the XFX version?

Just get MSI, EVGA, Asus, Gigabyte, But not XFX, it's a mater of build quality, reliability 

Holy f@#$ With my cpu?

Yes, but you're not going to enjoy an average of 30FPS.

"Rawr XD"

Just get MSI, EVGA, Asus, Gigabyte, But not XFX, it's a mater of build quality, reliability 

Links please?