Battlefield Hardline delayed until 2015

ETRJ

People are going on about how EA are making a good decision here and that they're learning, when more or less from what I gathered they're delaying the game to work on things they should already have been trying to do in the first place.

Making an educated guess in regards to this topic: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/185439-electronic-arts-earnings-surge-51/

I'd wager that EA are at a point where they feel that can push the release date back to deliver a better product both to avoid controversy and save face and aren't worrying about trying to meet competition, at this point the only time EA ever gives a shit about anything other than money is when they've got fucking buckets of money and their next goal is to try and bait the consumer to give them another chance, securing even more money for their buckets.

They'll never change, what reason would they? Their shit sells, no matter the quality because of brand recognition, sure the EA name gets a lot of shit from multiple fronts but no one here or anywhere truly means it when they say they'll boycott EA, it's all wind to make us all feel better for wasting our money on shit products from a shit company until the next shiny thing gets dangled in our face and we jump on it like the obsessed fucks we are.

Now, my internet is capped so I can't watch the video that follows, but from what I can read alone I'm adamant in my belief that EA is shit, was shit and will always be, shit.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/07/sims-4-trailer-hints-at-new-premium-version/

Battlefield has already been ruined to me even from BF3, BF4 was icing on the cake.

Would love to see BF:BC3, but knowing that they will shove battlenet and overpriced DLC down our throats...makes me not too optimistic. 

yeah ea doing something that they should do wooop

and to eveyone moaning about people calling it a mod, even critics said that it felt more like dlc/mod than it did a stand alone game.....its rush and CTF with a cops and robbrs skin

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

yeah ea doing something that they should do wooop

and to eveyone moaning about people calling it a mod, even critics said that it felt more like dlc/mod than it did a stand alone game.....its rush and CTF with a cops and robbrs skin

Is this, is this finally someone else who isn't calling it a Payday 2 ripoff but actually referring to it as a twist on already-existing game-modes?

I thought I was alone with that train of thought in this big, cold and empty world...

...fuck yeah.

fark_pIHK9zYJHPjrdfT7TF0xEVN3x24.jpg?t=h

I loved the hardline Beta. I think there's alot of fun to be had with that game. I want to see something oriented towards driving, like pursuit escape in need for speed, but with three other people in your car, shooting back at the police.

i call bullshit on this. to everyone that played the beta, hardline is a reskinned bf4 with different modes. delaying a game nowadays is no more than a publicity stunt. watch dogs got repeatedly delayed and when it came out, it was worse than the demo on e3. same thing with some of the assassin's creed games for the pc. although there are games that ran fine during launch following a delay, its all to generate hype towards their game.

Reskinned battlefield?

So what? The beta was fun as shit, so I'm just supposed to go, man this is fun, but it's a reskin so I must hate it.

Not seeing any logic there

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wise choice, I think even EA has learned a lesson with BF4

EA doesnt make games, its Dice and some others

Oh god what will I play now

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

EA doesnt make games, its Dice and some others

I know, but it's still in the interest of EA to publish a game, because they get a big chunk of the profits as well. The only reason, why BF4 was such a mess that it was, was because EA pushed DICE to release early, when the game was far from finished. 

And funnily enough, EA usually gets the most flag for such a disaster, although they've just published it. 

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is, that EA does not want to repeat the same shit with BF:H and it's actually great that they listened to Viseral here, because when a dev says, the game is not ready, it's not ready. And when it's not ready it's not worth 60 or 70 bucks. But I think a large portion as of why BF4 sucked was that DICE Stockholm seemed to be pretty much incapable to do anything. If you have played CTE (lead by DICE L.A.), this shit works. The Netcode is better and some very good stuff, stuff that the player base actually wanted for a very long time have finally been implemented. :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Call it a conspiracy, but it seems a lot of those AAA games that were announced at e3 have been pushed back.

It looked pretty much a BF4 skin...

Call it a conspiracy, but it seems a lot of those AAA games that were announced at e3 have been pushed back.

It looked pretty much a BF4 skin...

its still the best looking game

I'm still not going to buy this game... but I have hope for future battlefield games.

Having a delay for Hardline 'Should' realistically (With any luck Dice will listen to the community) let them fully fix Battlefield 4. However, with that being said, they still haven't implemented the changes from the CTE version of Battlefield 4. What can you do?  

I'm glad they are taking their time on this one. I played the beta and really liked it.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Maybe people will now understand why it should cost $60. Can't believe people complained so much. They are actually taking their time with this one. Visceral is an awesome company and so glad that they are making something with Battlefield on it. They are listening a lot since they don't want to fuck up again like they did with Battlefield 4. That shit is still grueling to play with a 780 and a 4670K. When I see numbers drop below 60fps at all high, I cringe. 

I bow to everything that is Visceral now :)

I'm glad they are taking their time on this one. I played the beta and really liked it.

me 2 I wish the game will be already available