Brace your alveolus the Scythe Tatsumi cpu cooler is here: Its £15

brownninja97

This cooler is about to duel with a lot of coolers but so is the music

Scythe_Tatsumi_01.jpg

First thing to mention, this isnt a mad crazy cow cooler, you arent gonna cool a fx9590 very well. 

Second thing to mention is that there arent thumb screws on the top of the cooler.

Scythe_Tatsumi_02.jpg

On to the specs:

It has 

• Three 6mm copper heat pipes
  • A 92mm fan with a cfm of up to 55,55cfm with a dBA of up to 31 and a rpm of up 2500rpm
  • Aluminum fin stack
  • Its 450g(including fan) so sadly no murdering with this cooler, i recommend a dark rock for murdering, you can kill in style
  • Dimensions 102x 146 x 83mm or 4.02 x 5.75 x 3.27inches including the fan. 
  • Support for basically every modern socket and the golden oldies with a 775 socket

Some notable stuff as well are the gaps in the heatsink, this reduces turbulence which means that air pockets will not be created as much

The things on the top of the heatsink stop the heat reaching them, this in turn means that the heat will dissipate in the fin stack which is better as there is a larger surface area for convection to occur.

They still use the same mounting system which is "low trouble" and "easy to install" so im not sure if thats nice or bad, if you wish to cry then thats fine.

Price

US: $25

Euros: 21,60

UK: £15 before tax so the real price is probably £300

http://www.techpowerup.com/203320/scythe-releases-the-tatsumi-cpu-cooler.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Good for people using CPUs like FX 6300/G3258 in budget machines.

i love the little fins on the base :D

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

>Not including VAT

Yeah, £300 sounds about right

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Looks alright but I highly doubt it performs anywhere near the Hyper 212 Plus which is only $20.

This is cheaper, there are people that will try to save every penny

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The hyper 212 is $30 MSRP

MSRP, tho $20 after rebate. What kind of human being cannot afford an extra $5 for a short period of time.

This is cheaper, there are people that will try to save every penny

Even without the rebate, $5 may be worth the better performance (we will see how it stacks up when tested). A lot of people buy these coolers to budget overclock with. Tho the lack of direct contact heatpipes and packing three heatpipes instead of four tells me the Hyper 212 Plus may still be the better buy.

MSRP, tho $20 after rebate. What kind of human being cannot afford an extra $5 for a short period of time.

Even without the rebate, $5 may be worth the better performance (we will see how it stacks up when tested). A lot of people buy these coolers to budget overclock with. Tho the lack of direct contact heatpipes and packing three heatpipes instead of four tells me the Hyper 212 Plus may still be the better buy.

Of course the more expensive stuff is better, in the pc world you tend to get more if you pay more however in the uk the price difference is bigger we never get rebates, the hyper 212 is over £30 due to how popular it is

Listen if you care.

It's not always on discount, and on the rest of the world that discount doesn't exist, also the price goes up the more heavy the unit is.

Of course the 212 Evo is a better cooler, but for someone that wants something better than stock, to benefit from turbo boost more often, and wants something quiet, the tatsumi looks like a good choice. 

The Cooler Master 212 EVO is the undisputed king of budget cooling, no other cooler out there offers a better price to performance offering than the EVO.  No other "low-end" or budget CPU coolers should even exist because the 212 EVO gives the user so much performance for such a small price($25-$30).  It is basically the floor in terms of aftermarket coolers.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

The Cooler Master 212 EVO is the undisputed king of budget cooling, no other cooler out there offers a better price to performance offering than the EVO.  No other "low-end" or budget CPU coolers should even exist because the 212 EVO gives the user so much performance for such a small price($25-$30).  It is basically the floor in terms of aftermarket coolers.

check out the raijintek themis, basically the same price and slightly superior performance, not sure about where you live but the two coolers keep switching places, one day one is more expensive then the other. 

Anyways the hyper 212 is a lot more expensive in european countries, eg on amazon right now its £34, thats around $50. The best budget cooler simply is determined by what country you are in, we can go even further and compare the zalman cnps10x optima which is £10 here, that cooler is dangerously close to the hyper 212 but its probably more expensive in another country. I am no longer going to say that cooler A is better then cooler B, these days i will pick three to five coolers for any category and let the subject choose which one they like the most. 

Listen if you care.