Do you think FM transmitters still have good Sound Quality?

Gung Pow Chicken
Go to solution Solved by Mo5,

I've used a cheapo FM transmitter and I didn't have much problems

I just bought a new car and it doesn't have aux or usb, I already have a subscription to xm radio. I don't really want to buy a new head unit because I would loose a lot of functionality of the car and I just invested a lot of money into the sound system of my truck lol. But the point of all this is do you still think fm transmitters are good or should I spend a little extra to get an adapter for AUX, by spend a few I mean close to 100 bucks.

I guess more towards the sound quality aspect of it.

I mean price isn't really an issue I just would like ease of use because it's ridiculously time consuming to pull these dash boards apart.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Pull out your head unit, find if you can add your own aux jack

It's not the problems I care about it's more on the lines of sound quality.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

It's not the problems I care about it's more on the lines of sound quality.

sounds like radio quality

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

sounds like radio quality

More on the lines of static. Do you run into many of that or interference ?

More on the lines of static. Do you run into many of that or interference ?

as long as the frequency you use isn't the same as some radio station there's nothing major

osu! profile

It really depends on the transmitter and your region. If there are many interferences with other radio stations, you'll be sure to experience worse quality.

I personally own a cheap FM transmitter and the sound quality is okay-ish.

When playing files which are on low volume (so you have to turn the volume higher) the soundquality suffers big time.

It is way worse than radio quality.

Why does an AUX adapter cost you 100 bucks?

I would advise you choosing it though, if you care a lot about the quality.

It really depends on the transmitter and your region. If there are many interferences with other radio stations, you'll be sure to experience worse quality.

I personally own a cheap FM transmitter and the sound quality is okay-ish.

When playing files which are on low volume (so you have to turn the volume higher) the soundquality suffers big time.

It is way worse than radio quality.

Why does an AUX adapter cost you 100 bucks?

I would advise you choosing it though, if you care a lot about the quality.

Its only a hard full of screws and the head unit slides right out, general its as simply as a rca cable or most of the time a proprietary connection.