python or C++?

1832vin

which one should i learn?

i have no known per-exsisting languages, (i mean computer languages of course)

but for some reason, i know my syntaxs, and stuff.

i think it's because i've always tried to learn, but most of the time i get cutted off by big things that i need to clean, and then restarting over again and everytime, i chose a different language.

but now i'm gonna try sticking with one language.  personally, i don't know java, it's too sensitive for me, and i'm a careless guy, that's the main reason

so which one? python or c++

What do you mean by sensitive? Both python and C++ are very sensitive to mistakes. Way more so than Java.

With python you need to format correctly and C++ you need to manage memory correctly otherwise you end up with leaks if you're not careful. 

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

If Java is too sensitive for you I wouldn't go anywhere near C++.

Go with Python.

Alternatively, if you're looking for the ultimate in "I don't care, throw anything at me! Show me what you've got!" insensitivity I wholeheartedly recommend JavaScript. JS just don't give a s**t.

That's an interesting set of languages to choose from - low level vs high level. For learning programming and understanding how things work C++ is the way to go. But for making something "real" python would be better starting point. Go for Ruby it's way cooler than Python...

Maybe tells us what you want to make/achieve - it would be easier to suggest something.

That's an interesting set of languages to choose from - low level vs high level.

wait... what?

Which of those languages you consider "low level" ? :D

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

wait... what?

I was confused about that too. Low level languages is code computers understand.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

wait... what?

I believe he is referring to C and Assembly

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

wait... what?

Yeah, yeah. Bad wording from my side. I meant if you compare C++ with Python/Ruby/Java than C++ is quite low level language. Of course it's not ASM.

I was confused about that too. Low level languages is code computers understand.

C and C++ are low level programming languages and high level assembly languages ( this is what the people working all day in assembly are saying)

C++ vs Python = I will choose python and then C++.

C and C++ are low level programming languages and high level assembly languages ( this is what the people working all day in assembly are saying)

C++ vs Python = I will choose python and then C++.

Oh ho ho, touché, perhaps I'm rustier than I thought. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I recommend C++. I will always do this whenever the question comes up. :)

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.