Intel 730 Or Samsung 850 Pro?

OneManWolfPack5

Intel 730 because Intel

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Intel 730 for rock-solid reliability, 850 Pro for speed and performance.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

I personally would buy the 730, PCper said that the 850pro is tickling the 730 and even surpassing it in some areas but I trust Intel a lot more than I do Samsung.

Samsung 840 because Samsung.

Doesn't matter, just get the one that you can get cheapest. You are not going to notice the speed difference anyway, also there is not one of both wich is more reliable then the other.

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd

Going off from what kingdorian, said I believe something similar. If you're the average consumer without super specific needs then they'll both be just fine. At this point the cheapest ones matter. If you're a crazy enthusiast, a professional, have enterprise needs, or have super specific needs than that's when it matters. Samsung is cheaper, has higher performance, huge approximated MTBF like Intel, and industry leading warranty; what more could you want.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Intel 730

Just look at that cool skull :P

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

I think they're both a bit much honestly. Samsung 840 evo has one of the best values in ssds, just sayin...

the 850pro has the same speed as the 840 evo but I think it has more rewrite cycles

Intel 730 cuz it's best for gamer

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

cheap shit

How about you buy 2 of them for the same price if you're concerned by reliability. Run them in Raid 1.

Spoiler

How about you buy 2 of them for the same price if you're concerned by reliability. Run them in Raid 1.

And youll still end up cheaper, than buying 1 intel 730..

Folks, just ignore samsung fanboys.

Intel 730 cuz it's best for gamer

That skull on the drive really works for you, don't it ?

You know,

So a death skull adds 3X FOR sure :P

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

Neither, unless you're absolutely sure you need it.

Performance is close enough to not be a factor. Buy based on other elements like price, features (Intel has power loss and end-to-end data protection), etc.

My vote is for the Intel drive, purely for the data protection. It does come at a price, though; you have to decide if it's worth it.

An 840 Evo is a safe drive unless you need what the 850 Pro and 730 offer.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Neither, unless you're absolutely sure you need it.

Performance is close enough to not be a factor. Buy based on other elements like price, features (Intel has power loss and end-to-end data protection), etc.

My vote is for the Intel drive, purely for the data protection. It does come at a price, though; you have to decide if it's worth it.

An 840 Evo is a safe drive unless you need what the 850 Pro and 730 offer.

Or you can just go with MX100, which is faster or equal to EVO, has powerloss caps (just like 730), uses quality nand (crucial and intel share the same fab), has hardware encryption and usually costs way less than any of those drives.

Or you can just go with MX100, which is faster or equal to EVO, has powerloss caps (just like 730), uses quality nand (crucial and intel share the same fab), has hardware encryption and usually costs way less than any of those drives.

The MX100 doesn't have the end-to-end data protection that Intel's drive does. That's not a feature that most people need, but it is an advantage of the Intel drive over the Crucial one. The MX100 also has worse performance consistency compared to the 840 Evo, 850 Pro or 730 (source, source, source)

That being said, the MX100 does look very compelling as a daily driver.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

850 Pro mate, the skull on the Intel is tacky as fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

10 year warranty means shit, because you're never gonna have the drive that long.

10 year warranty means shit, because you're never gonna have the drive that long.

Hah, noob. My Dad has gone 11.5 years on the same build (changed from Core 2 Duo to Q6600 right when it launched, but everything else remained the same) and is only now having his build replaced. If anyone can test that warranty it's my family.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Hah, noob. My Dad has gone 11.5 years on the same build (changed from Core 2 Duo to Q6600 right when it launched, but everything else remained the same) and is only now having his build replaced. If anyone can test that warranty it's my family.

Your parents are not exactly the target group for this SSDs. And the target group, that buys that kind of ssd is surly gonna replace it long before 10 year warranty expires. Its a plus, but nothing to shout about it. Its not like they are the only ones, that offer that kind of warranty (*cough* sandisk *cough*)

PS:

You're lying about the build age. Core2 was released 8 years ago, so it's not possible for build to be 11.5 years old.

Checkmate buddy.