Nexus 5 not working with T-mobile (US) LTE

colonel_mortis
Go to solution Solved by terrytek,

I have a nexus 5 (from Google play uk), and am visiting the US, so have bought a T-mobile sim to use here. I get up to 3gb lte data with the plan, but my phone only displays as being connected to H (hspa/3g), both in the status bar and in the mobile status screen.

I have my phone set to prefer 4g in the mobile data settings.

Is there anything that I could do to get lte on my phone?

Radio frequencies are probably different from the US and the UK.

And welcome to the US!! Enjoy your stay here. Where are you staying?

I have a nexus 5 (from Google play uk), and am visiting the US, so have bought a T-mobile sim to use here. I get up to 3gb lte data with the plan, but my phone only displays as being connected to H (hspa/3g), both in the status bar and in the mobile status screen.

HTTP/2 203

Your version wont work in the USA, i think

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Radio frequencies are probably different from the US and the UK.

And welcome to the US!! Enjoy your stay here. Where are you staying?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I know if you buy the Nexus 5 in the US you get the North American version which means only 3G will work in other countries so it might be that you didn't get the international version or you don't have 4G coverage were you are, try T-Mobile's coverage map.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I know if you buy the Nexus 5 in the US you get the North American version which means only 3G will work in other countries so it might be that you didn't get the international version or you don't have 4G coverage were you are, try T-Mobile's coverage map.

Yeah, I got a phone that would work in Italy, but still works in America, also on TMobile. Unfortunately, the highest is HSPA, even though the phone still supports 4G LTE.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Thanks for the help, I've looked it up and apparently the international version doesn't support many of the 4g bands used over in the US unfortunately.

And @terrytek I'm currently I'm yellowstone but will also be visiting Washington dc and new York City later in the trip.

HTTP/2 203

Thanks for the help, I've looked it up and apparently the international version doesn't support many of the 4g bands used over in the US unfortunately.

And @terrytek I'm currently I'm yellowstone but will also be visiting Washington dc and new York City later in the trip.

Yeah, maybe look for an international version next time.:P

And, wow, that's a lot in one trip. Post some pics here. :D

Yeah, maybe look for an international version next time.:P

And, wow, that's a lot in one trip. Post some pics here. :D

Sorry I'm late (no 3g or wifi in yellowstone) but AFAIK I have the international version, and it works everywhere except na :( (based on the models listed on Wikipedia)

And I can put pics up later if you like, but I can tell you that yellowstone is amazing!

HTTP/2 203

Sorry I'm late (no 3g or wifi in yellowstone) but AFAIK I have the international version, and it works everywhere except na :( (based on the models listed on Wikipedia)

And I can put pics up later if you like, but I can tell you that yellowstone is amazing!

Yes, please. Separate thread, please.