gigabyte z97x gaming 7 no audio?

Go to solution Solved by mat45,

Ok I managed to fix the problem. I unistalled the realtek HD Audio driver that came with the disk and the speaker are finally working....

Guys I need help.

I bought a z97x gaming 7 mobo from gigabyte. This mobo has integrated audio, but every time I insert an audio jack I cannot get the sound to work. I really don't know what to do. Do I need to buy a external audio sound? Should I configurate something in the bios. Please help me.

P.S. I'm using Windows 7

have you connected the hd audio to the audio port, make sure you didnt put the ac97 in by accident. The rear port should work either way, the front audio port works via that wires, also try going into your audio device manager, if you are using hdmi it may try to send audio via that instead, just right click the speaker icon, and go with playbaack devices, mess around with it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Guys I need help.

I bought a z97x gaming 7 mobo from gigabyte. This mobo has integrated audio, but every time I insert an audio jack I cannot get the sound to work. I really don't know what to do. Do I need to buy a external audio sound? Should I configurate something in the bios. Please help me.

P.S. I'm using Windows 7

have you installed the drivers for it?

have you connected the hd audio to the audio port, make sure you didnt put the ac97 in by accident. The rear port should work either way, the front audio port works via that wires, also try going into your audio device manager, if you are using hdmi it may try to send audio via that instead, just right click the speaker icon, and go with playbaack devices, mess around with it.

I use the rear port and it doesn't work. The problem is that the computer says no audio jack is available. I try to solve and it says it's solved and the speaker icon is no longer with a red cross near it. But as soon as I click the speaker icon in the windows bar the red cross on the speaker reappers as if I removed the jack or something. But I didn't...

have you installed the drivers for it?

Yes. I installed the drivers from the disc my mobo came with...

Ok I managed to fix the problem. I unistalled the realtek HD Audio driver that came with the disk and the speaker are finally working....

lol thats odd, ive not had a problem with realtek drivers before nevertheless im glad you solved the problem.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

lol thats odd, ive not had a problem with realtek drivers before nevertheless im glad you solved the problem.

Appearently they were bad drivers. They aren't that important are they? I can still play games and stuf without them?

Appearently they were bad drivers. They aren't that important are they? I can still play games and stuf without them?

Its no problem, your audio should be fine, the realtek stuff just lets you change the preamp, that means adding or reducing bass, tremble, spatization etc.

Listen if you care.

Its no problem, your audio should be fine, the realtek stuff just lets you change the preamp, that means adding or reducing bass, tremble, spatization etc.

Thanks  ;)